wednesday opened for him a few days and then it was closed and gone forever

'ning

smidge less brrr

cafe stroll, wfh, départ fictif dans une grosse voiture noire, wfhotel, bar, hic
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sounds shoot out there for this mornings walk.

Then off down the toll road and out with work, but not staying over as have to take the youngest to virtually the same place tomorrow
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Very soggy cycle in. Hung myself above the radiator to dry off for a bit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning bald headed Budgerigars

Windy, wet. Meh.
    Meeting at school with Tricky later (secondary school transition stuff - where tf did the time go?).
    Meeting with local comyunity association after that. Triple fcuk.
    Before all of that, coffee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    New abs pump arrived before schedule. Fitted in 5mins, easy peasy.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. Bed from bed today. Doctors call later. More pills please.

Oh the joys of falling apart.

At least I'm not an ABS pump.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Careful now PhotoN, WADA will be a-knockin' on your door and you'll get Nairo-ed. 😉 Hope you get some respite.

Pishing it down here. Again. At least it'll be washing the course of Sunday's CX event, abate the obligatory whingers. Gym 'n' swim sesh booked for later morning, opted out of the ride and cafe meet, just get soaked and cold, no ta. Warm dip instead. Bring on springtime.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,153
    seanoconn said:

I'm getting a tradesman to fit mine. I listened at school so I wouldn't have to do manual labour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Forecast wrong again - it said 'showers' when what it should have said was 'power shower'. At least it was only a 30 second commute to the office this morning. Time for a brew.

Off to vets later on today as senior hound has a loose tooth that needs checking out.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Still feeling ropey despite an early night, I might sweat the remnants out on Zwift later.
    Site meeting followed by eating is on the horizon today.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1

Still feeling ropey despite an early night, I might sweat the remnants out on Zwift later.

Man up and go to the pub
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

I'm getting a tradesman to fit mine. I listened at school because I realised I had no skills.
    FTFY.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Take 1 old, seized 944 pump and purchase donor Merc W124 series pump. Extract valves and motor off donor and fit to old, seized 944 pump only to discover old seized 944 pump had some sort of repair in it's past - they did some inexplicable mod internally in the ABS pump (which I don't understand because usually, the fekkers just take the warning bulb out of the instrument cluster and short the circuit between 87b and 30 on one relay).
    Source another 944 pump. Pump that arrives is in worse condition than my one. Send it back after argument with seller who assured me that 'it was working before we took it off'. Bollox, no way. The motor wouldn't even turn.
    Try and source another pump.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Take 1 old, seized 944 pump and purchase donor Merc W124 series pump. Extract valves and motor off donor and fit to old, seized 944 pump only to discover old seized 944 pump had some sort of repair in it's past - they did some inexplicable mod internally in the ABS pump (which I don't understand because usually, the fekkers just take the warning bulb out of the instrument cluster and short the circuit between 87b and 30 on one relay).
    Source another 944 pump. Pump that arrives is in worse condition than my one. Send it back after argument with seller who assured me that 'it was working before we took it off'. Bollox, no way. The motor wouldn't even turn.
    Try and source another pump.
    Like I said, 5 min job.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2022
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

I'm getting a tradesman to fit mine. I listened at school because I realised I had no skills.
    FTFY.
    That's mean, I am a skilled bullshitter. Although to be fair, my skills do include buying stuff that works ;)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    rain replaced by sunshine, given me a room so vast it's in two different time zones, silly, having a sustenance break in the bar before wfroom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

You'll never get a 6 pack with that attitude.

• Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

You'll never get a 6 pack with that attitude.

To be fair, his back is too painful to get down the offy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

FTFY.
    That's mean, I am a skilled bullshitter. Although to be fair, my skills do include buying stuff that works ;)
    Thought we'd established you are an unskilled bullshitter, hence getting a man to do it for you
  • tlw1 said:

Still feeling ropey despite an early night, I might sweat the remnants out on Zwift later.

Man up and go to the pub
    That was Mondays cure and look where it got me...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Busier than the proverbial Beirut brickie today

Finished installing the exterior light fittings. We've only had them in boxes since 2005 I think, unused, so was nice to get them actually up on a wall.

Round to Mum's, armed with hedge clippers, branch loppers and secateurs to give the garden a tidy up. Thankfully it was fairly easy, just a few shrubs needing a haircut. Out to lunch then supermarket which is my version of Hell. Dropped her off home, back here to arrange buying a car in Sydney. Mate kindly agreed to go inspect and drive for me, and after much haggling, Face Time, and messaging I've acquired a reasonably decent Mk 1 TT. Will go collect it in a few days and drive home. Probably a money pit, but might be fun to tinker with a bit.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • photonic69
    More painkillers prescribed by doc. She said as long as my anus wasn't numb it shouldn't be too concerning. That's a weird metric I thought.

• photonic69
    Why can't I say a nus?

• veronese68
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice sorting out varying levels of stupid, or trying to at any rate. Had a very moist wobble in this morning, went to get on the bike and had a flat. Thought I'd take the MTB as I'm out for a ride on it Friday, I'd forgotten how wide the bars are and with the increased traffic due to roadworks I really struggled to get through gaps. Hopefully less chaotic on the way home.
    Hope the car works out alright 'spinner, I might know a man if the ABS pump has gone.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    sungod said:

rain replaced by sunshine, given me a room so vast it's in two different time zones, silly, having a sustenance break in the bar before wfroom

Are you off on hols? Or wf a different country?
  • He's semi-retired so is a perpetual holiday, or possibly at a tanning salon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Hope the car works out alright 'spinner, I might know a man with a heap of spare parts if the ABS pump has gone.

FTFY

• tlw1

tlw1 said:

Man up and go to the pub
    That was Mondays cure and look where it got me...

You have to commit to the drink your way out of it
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

FTFY.
    Thought we'd established you are an unskilled bullshitter, hence getting a man to do it for you
    I've never hired Pinno to do anything.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

FTFY.
    Of course not, you want it done quickly :D
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

FTFY.
    Of course not, you want it done quickly :D
    Before the next ice age if possible :smiley: