eMTB in a workstand.

My excellent but aged workstand is not suitable for my electric full-suss, nor for our new Trek Xcalibers as the BB shell is not compatible with the support pad of the stand, hence I need a new workstand. Two questions. 1) can anyone tell me the width (not the opening range) of the jaws on a Lifeline Pro workstand so I can relate it to amount of exposed seatpost (the Park Tools 10.3, for example, Is 70mm wide). And 2) will I reasonably be able to lift a 26kg XL Whyte e-160 up into a stand and hold it one-handed whilst I clamp it! I guess I could always phone a friend 😬
Thanks, Phil
Cheers,
Phil, in Inverurie

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I have a Lifeline workstand look-a-like. Over the years the same design has appeared under a variety of names. It's a great stand for something under £100. :)

I clamp the jaws around the seat post and leave the front wheel on the ground. That lets me do most of what I need and reduces stress on the bike, the stand, and me!

If I need to work on the front end and the wheel HAS to be off the ground, I drape a towel over the top bar of the workstand and put the junction of the top tube and down tube over it, leaving the rear wheel on the ground. It has worked for me on two different emtbs over the last 4 years.

The days when I could lift with one hand 25kg the size and shape of an emtb were long gone before I ever could afford one. :(