Upgrading wheels and tires on Specialized Diverge base

Hello. I have a 2019 stock specialized diverge base. It has Axis Sport rims and Espoir sport tires. I ride 1-2x per week from 10-26 miles, mostly on roads with some good gravel paths mixed in. I am trying to save a little weight and improve performance at the budget level. My LBS has a lightly used set of DTSwiss r470 rims and WTB Riddler tires that I can get for $250. I think I will save about 300g on the rims and I think the tires are better than what I have now. Is this worth it? Will I notice a difference? Thank you.

Comments

• Difficult to know for sure without knowing specifics about current tyre size, inner tubes etc.

At a guess, and this depends how good you are at detecting subtle differences, you are unlikely to obviously notice the weight saving but if you set the new wheels up tubeless I reckon you would detect the change in ride quality. Tubeless is also likely to save a bit more weight for what it's worth.

Upgrades like this are a very common question I get from clients. I think before you spend the money I'd ask yourself what you are wanting/expecting to achieve. If the answer is anything other than a nicer bit of kit on the bike I'd suggest keeping hold of your money.

Feel free to PM me if you want to explore this in depth
    Bikeauthority.cc
    IG - bikeauthority.cc