Forum homeβ€Ί Road cycling forumβ€Ί The bottom bracket

thursday never happened

'ning

gloomygrey cool continues, still only september, sigh

ride cafes and wfh, hibernate
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,992
    Morning all. My Friday πŸ˜™. WFW as usual and hopefully a steady day. Certainly getting cooler in the morning. Gentle ride or jog later depending on how I feel. Have a nice day.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 47,266
    Tap o' da mornin' to ye all.
    Very grey and very damp here.

    It's World Rhino day.

    And that's that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungodsungod Posts: 15,094
    unexpectedly bright start

    pleasant espresso watching the world go by and reading the paper, excellent calvin and hobbes

    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,830
    sungod said:

    unexpectedly bright start

    pleasant espresso watching the world go by and reading the paper, excellent calvin and hobbes



    Bright start here too, ruined by going for a run which didn't work out very well.
  • thistle_ said:

    sungod said:

    unexpectedly bright start

    pleasant espresso watching the world go by and reading the paper, excellent calvin and hobbes



    Bright start here too, ruined by going for a run which didn't work out very well.
    Injury? Caught short and had to use a sock to clean up? Trainer caught in a cattle grid? Or just not feeling like a run?

    Train in for me this morning - out with a couple of my university housemates for dinner later. I guess it will be 30 years almost to the day since I first clapped eyes on them. That's got to be worth a decent bottle or two.

    Sat next to a large woman who snorted and sniffed all the way in to town. Fcuking vile. I hate commuter trains.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 10,871
    Bright starts, you lucky lucky... pixxing it down here. 'Tis a good initiation test for the roofing work over past couple of days.
    Gym sesh booked for late morning, first in nearly a month, been outside active instead with the fine weather. But the times they are a-changin'.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 47,266
    Pity all (bastardised) animated versions of The adventures of Tintin are so far removed from the original.
    Worth a read is Frederic Tuten's 'Tintin in the new world'.
    He's all grown up and discovering there's more to life (women) than saving x, y and z from catastrophe.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 10,810
    Ciao

    Feeling slacker than normal today. Being sent away stuff starting to flutter in but hopefully can avoid for a while.

    Gonna have a coffee then go and "ride" up a "mountin"
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,994
    Early start as down the toll road again, meaning running stuff was finished by 6 am πŸ™„ should have stayed over but some shite going on with the youngest and despite the doctor being 99.9% sure it isn’t anything serious you worry like censored and the first private appointment we can get him is mid November πŸ™„
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 51,811
    edited 22 September
    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 10,810
    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

    you getting much stretching/mobility in?
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,830
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.
    Don't forget the doughnuts

  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,830

    thistle_ said:

    sungod said:

    unexpectedly bright start

    pleasant espresso watching the world go by and reading the paper, excellent calvin and hobbes



    Bright start here too, ruined by going for a run which didn't work out very well.
    Injury? Caught short and had to use a sock to clean up? Trainer caught in a cattle grid? Or just not feeling like a run?
    Ankles just didn't want to move for some reason.
    Usual achilles/foot issues but I blank them out.
    Shoe was rubbing on the side of my ankle so had to stop before it turned into a bloodbath. Hasn't ever happened before and I think the tongue of the shoe was kinked over causing it to rub, so hopefully problem solved for next time and I might manage 5k :lol:

    Ran past someone at a bus stop looking sad with a puddle under them but they had socks so left them to it.

  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 10,810
    thistle_ said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.
    Don't forget the doughnuts

    lubed or unlubed?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 51,811
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

    you getting much stretching/mobility in?
    A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 47,266
    tlw1 said:

    Early start as down the toll road again, meaning running stuff was finished by 6 am πŸ™„ should have stayed over but some shite going on with the youngest and despite the doctor being 99.9% sure it isn’t anything serious you worry like censored and the first private appointment we can get him is mid November πŸ™„

    Is it the shock of his balls dropping?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,784 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice today, pleasant enough wobble in even though it was a little too fresh. My right hand was rather stiff by the time I got in, that's the one that had the broken finger and wrist. They did say it wouldn't like the cold.
    No doughnuts here, lubed or not. I think Stevo should go for lubed as he already has a bad back. If it's getting better he shouldn't risk making it worse again. EPO has an MRI booked for this afternoon due to her bad back, hopefully they'll get her sorted soon. Hope all is well with the youngest TLW.
    Anyway, onward and upward...
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 10,810

    Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice today, pleasant enough wobble in even though it was a little too fresh. My right hand was rather stiff by the time I got in, that's the one that had the broken finger and wrist. They did say it wouldn't like the cold.
    No doughnuts here, lubed or not. I think Stevo should go for lubed as he already has a bad back. If it's getting better he shouldn't risk making it worse again. EPO has an MRI booked for this afternoon due to her bad back, hopefully they'll get her sorted soon. Hope all is well with the youngest TLW.
    Anyway, onward and upward...

    best wrap that hand around a large coffee for a crispy bacon and sausage bap....
  • MattFalleMattFalle Posts: 10,810
    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

    you getting much stretching/mobility in?
    A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    groovy sausage roll.

    tbh, theres load of "advice" for backs butas I may havementioned before, I'd go with what your doctor/physio/chiro/osteo say.

    And go for trammies and vino rosso. Deffo.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,830
    edited 22 September
    MattFalle said:

    thistle_ said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.
    Don't forget the doughnuts

    lubed or unlubed?
    Waxed plus extra goose fat
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 21,209
    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

    you getting much stretching/mobility in?
    A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    groovy sausage roll.

    tbh, theres load of "advice" for backs butas I may havementioned before, I'd go with what your doctor/physio/chiro/osteo say.

    And go for trammies and vino rosso. Deffo.
    I initially read that wrong. 🀣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 6,830
    pblakeney said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

    you getting much stretching/mobility in?
    A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    groovy sausage roll.

    tbh, theres load of "advice" for backs butas I may havementioned before, I'd go with what your doctor/physio/chiro/osteo say.

    And go for trammies and vino rosso. Deffo.
    I initially read that wrong. 🀣
    Might also work, only one way for stevo to find out.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 51,811
    thistle_ said:

    pblakeney said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Stevo_666 said:

    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

    Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

    coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

    you getting much stretching/mobility in?
    A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    groovy sausage roll.

    tbh, theres load of "advice" for backs butas I may havementioned before, I'd go with what your doctor/physio/chiro/osteo say.

    And go for trammies and vino rosso. Deffo.
    I initially read that wrong. 🀣
    Might also work, only one way for stevo to find out.
    Got a Ukrainian refugee turning up next week, but her hands and addams apple don't look suspiciously large.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.