Tap o' da mornin' to ye all.
    Very grey and very damp here.

It's World Rhino day.

And that's that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    unexpectedly bright start

pleasant espresso watching the world go by and reading the paper, excellent calvin and hobbes

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    sungod said:

pleasant espresso watching the world go by and reading the paper, excellent calvin and hobbes

Bright start here too, ruined by going for a run which didn't work out very well.
  • thistle_ said:

sungod said:

Bright start here too, ruined by going for a run which didn't work out very well.
    Injury? Caught short and had to use a sock to clean up? Trainer caught in a cattle grid? Or just not feeling like a run?

Train in for me this morning - out with a couple of my university housemates for dinner later. I guess it will be 30 years almost to the day since I first clapped eyes on them. That's got to be worth a decent bottle or two.

Sat next to a large woman who snorted and sniffed all the way in to town. Fcuking vile. I hate commuter trains.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Bright starts, you lucky lucky... pixxing it down here. 'Tis a good initiation test for the roofing work over past couple of days.
    Gym sesh booked for late morning, first in nearly a month, been outside active instead with the fine weather. But the times they are a-changin'.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Pity all (bastardised) animated versions of The adventures of Tintin are so far removed from the original.
    Worth a read is Frederic Tuten's 'Tintin in the new world'.
    He's all grown up and discovering there's more to life (women) than saving x, y and z from catastrophe.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Feeling slacker than normal today. Being sent away stuff starting to flutter in but hopefully can avoid for a while.

Gonna have a coffee then go and "ride" up a "mountin"
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Early start as down the toll road again, meaning running stuff was finished by 6 am 🙄 should have stayed over but some shite going on with the youngest and despite the doctor being 99.9% sure it isn’t anything serious you worry like feck and the first private appointment we can get him is mid November 🙄
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    edited September 2022
    Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Another day WFH. In the dining room today, to save to-ing and fro-ing between cave and house. Tree people still hacking at trees, currently having fun with the stuff that overhangs other properties but no disasters so far.

Sleeping more than usual but the back seems to be improving a bit now. More coffee and meds...

coffee and meds are a perfect combo.

you getting much stretching/mobility in?
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Don't forget the doughnuts

• thistle_

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

Injury? Caught short and had to use a sock to clean up? Trainer caught in a cattle grid? Or just not feeling like a run?
    Ankles just didn't want to move for some reason.
    Usual achilles/foot issues but I blank them out.
    Shoe was rubbing on the side of my ankle so had to stop before it turned into a bloodbath. Hasn't ever happened before and I think the tongue of the shoe was kinked over causing it to rub, so hopefully problem solved for next time and I might manage 5k :lol:

Ran past someone at a bus stop looking sad with a puddle under them but they had socks so left them to it.

• MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

lubed or unlubed?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    tlw1 said:

Early start as down the toll road again, meaning running stuff was finished by 6 am 🙄 should have stayed over but some shite going on with the youngest and despite the doctor being 99.9% sure it isn’t anything serious you worry like censored and the first private appointment we can get him is mid November 🙄

Is it the shock of his balls dropping?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice today, pleasant enough wobble in even though it was a little too fresh. My right hand was rather stiff by the time I got in, that's the one that had the broken finger and wrist. They did say it wouldn't like the cold.
    No doughnuts here, lubed or not. I think Stevo should go for lubed as he already has a bad back. If it's getting better he shouldn't risk making it worse again. EPO has an MRI booked for this afternoon due to her bad back, hopefully they'll get her sorted soon. Hope all is well with the youngest TLW.
    Anyway, onward and upward...
  • MattFalle

Afternoon folks,
    Back in the orifice today, pleasant enough wobble in even though it was a little too fresh. My right hand was rather stiff by the time I got in, that's the one that had the broken finger and wrist. They did say it wouldn't like the cold.
    No doughnuts here, lubed or not. I think Stevo should go for lubed as he already has a bad back. If it's getting better he shouldn't risk making it worse again. EPO has an MRI booked for this afternoon due to her bad back, hopefully they'll get her sorted soon. Hope all is well with the youngest TLW.
    Anyway, onward and upward...

best wrap that hand around a large coffee for a crispy bacon and sausage bap....
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

A bit, but sitting still is the most comfortable option. Seems to improve after a good sleep as well.
    groovy sausage roll.

tbh, theres load of "advice" for backs butas I may havementioned before, I'd go with what your doctor/physio/chiro/osteo say.

And go for trammies and vino rosso. Deffo.
  • thistle_
    edited September 2022
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

lubed or unlubed?
    Waxed plus extra goose fat
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,717
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

groovy sausage roll.

tbh, theres load of "advice" for backs butas I may havementioned before, I'd go with what your doctor/physio/chiro/osteo say.

I initially read that wrong. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • thistle_
    pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

groovy sausage roll.

Might also work, only one way for stevo to find out.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

groovy sausage roll.

Might also work, only one way for stevo to find out.
    Got a Ukrainian refugee turning up next week, but her hands and addams apple don't look suspiciously large.