wednesday armaja das

2»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    FWIW I have a weekend break coming up in Scotland specifically to go on a "safari" to witness the rut. I'll be packing a long lens. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    pblakeney said:

FWIW I have a weekend break coming up in Scotland specifically to go on a "safari" to witness the rut. I'll be packing a long lens. 😉

Excellent, seeing proper wild deer, rather than the glorified pets in the parks would be very cool. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320

...It hurts quite a bit, but less than yesterday, so no real harm done I reckon. Didn't stop me riding either...

Did you read that Stevo?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

Was 3-5m away from this guy. Was as close as I wanted to get.

I believe you:

0 matches

TinEye searched over 56.0 billion images but didn't find any matches for your search image. That's probably because we have yet to crawl any pages where this image appears. TinEye is always crawling, so try your search again soon. See our FAQ for other reasons we may not have found your image.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    edited September 2022
    pinno said:

pblakeney said:

I believe you:
    Excellent!
    This means my privacy settings are working as intended and nobody has stole it. Yet.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    pblakeney said:

You looking at me? You looking at me! Dear oh deer.

Back in the actual (car chat free) world, day 2 of assisting v good trades bloke means I now have a complete new and robust and leakproof garage roof. Job done, tick that off the (long) list.

Woodburner fired up tonight, bucket of timbers offcuts to use, actually quite nice feeling warmed air circulating at zero additional pence per kWh.
  • pinno said:

...It hurts quite a bit, but less than yesterday, so no real harm done I reckon. Didn't stop me riding either...

Did you read that Stevo?

To be fair to Stevo, he's knacked his back. He did his best to ride through his knacked leg, but backs are a different kettle of fish.

I winced at my wrist earlier, Mrs B³ asked if it was a whanking injury. 🙄
  • orraloon said:

pblakeney said:

Back in the actual (car chat free) world, day 2 of assisting v good trades bloke means I now have a complete new and robust and leakproof garage roof. Job done, tick that off the (long) list.

Woodburner fired up tonight, bucket of timbers offcuts to use, actually quite nice feeling warmed air circulating at zero additional pence per kWh.
    New place is a mix of leccy radiators, storage heaters (will be swapped out) and a big fcuk off woodburner. What do you feed these things? Bear in mind I have no outdoor space down there to season wood myself. Presume I have to buy kiln dried wood. Or are the composite log things any good.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    pinno said:

Did you read that Stevo?

Yep, but as H3 says, backs are a bit different. Meds seem to be helping helping for now and I've got my referral from the GP.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Did you read that Stevo?

Yep, but as H3 says, backs are a bit different. Meds seem to be helping helping for now and I've got my referral from the GP.
    As well as the physio exercises (which was the same as the pilates classes I was going to anyway) I found running helped with my back.
    It just fuxxed my achilles and knee instead :neutral:
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Did you read that Stevo?

As well as the physio exercises (which was the same as the pilates classes I was going to anyway) I found running helped with my back.
    It just fuxxed my achilles and knee instead :neutral:
    Running? Chance would be a fine thing...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Did you read that Stevo?

To be fair to Stevo, he's knacked his back. He did his best to ride through his knacked leg, but backs are a different kettle of fish.

I winced at my wrist earlier, Mrs B³ asked if it was a whanking injury. 🙄
    I suppose the riposte to that is that now you're injured, can she help you out? :)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674

orraloon said:

pblakeney said:

New place is a mix of leccy radiators, storage heaters (will be swapped out) and a big fcuk off woodburner. What do you feed these things? Bear in mind I have no outdoor space down there to season wood myself. Presume I have to buy kiln dried wood. Or are the composite log things any good.
    Burn the witches.

Alt, do some research on local firewood suppliers. Doesn't have to be kiln dried, if supplier has aged the wood naturally so down below the ~20% moisture content then all good. But v dependent on quality/honesty of supplier. I took a load in couple weeks back, reading at 15-16% so fine to use now, though stacked for later. See Amazon or Screwfix et al for moisture meters, the Azuno is fine.

No knowledge of artificial composite look a likey. @haydenm of this parish could be a good source of info on things timber related
  • orraloon said:

orraloon said:

pblakeney said:

Burn the witches.

Alt, do some research on local firewood suppliers. Doesn't have to be kiln dried, if supplier has aged the wood naturally so down below the ~20% moisture content then all good. But v dependent on quality/honesty of supplier. I took a load in couple weeks back, reading at 15-16% so fine to use now, though stacked for later. See Amazon or Screwfix et al for moisture meters, the Azuno is fine.

No knowledge of artificial composite look a likey. @haydenm of this parish could be a good source of info on things timber related
    Cheers 'loon. Will look for a supplier down there, might be cheaper than up here. I think I can fit a m³ in the house easily enough.

I think hayden is just fluent in tree, and getting punters to invest in trees.
  • pinno

I think hayden is just fluent in tree, and getting punters to invest in trees.

Yep, not wood for log burners and East Dumfriesshire is a long way to come for wood.

• Fire season nearly done for us, although there are a few piles of stuff out in the paddock which will get torched soon. I'm pleased we got through this winter without buying in any firewood too. Bought a load last year which was a bit variable grade, but it's at least lasted two winters. We've a fair bit of suitable stuff just laying about the place, just need to man up and get the chainsaws out over summer and get it collected.

Slack day of bike disassembly. No buyers for the complete thing, will see if I can flog off the components instead. Usually more lucrative, but a lot more hassle.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    We just get the firewood man to deliver a whole load ready to lob in the stove.

i think we used those compressed things a few times but as I can't remember rightly they can't have been that magnificent
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.