ride, cafes, wfh, laze and bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle run and now a pig based hotel breakfast. Then meeting hell
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    There's a bright light coming from an Easterly direction and a slight breeze coming from a Southerly direction.
    This means only one thing: pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal...

[First I gotta get toots to school]

Have you actually read that book SG?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Nippy here but just pedalled faster to compensate.
    WFW, not much planned for later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

There's a bright light coming from an Easterly direction and a slight breeze coming from a Southerly direction.
    This means only one thing: pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal...

[First I gotta get toots to school]

Have you actually read that book SG?

the joe haldeman story? yes, back in the 70s
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Horrendous nights sleep, I thought I was coming down with something. Overly hot then cold, sweats, aches.
    Feel much better today though, I might even try my wet suit on ready for tomorrows open water swim session.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Keeping low profile, feeling quite chilled so can't be bothered with jibber jabber from crazy fools.

Apart from that, not a lot planned tbh.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Did my wrist a mischief yesterday (not while whanking it out over the Eric Prydz video posted yesterday), but while sprinting out of the saddle in the drops up and over a bridge to teach some whippersnapper a lesson. That'll teach me to be a silly s0d. It hurts quite a bit, but less than yesterday, so no real harm done I reckon. Didn't stop me riding either, just can't go out of the saddle.

There are doughnuts in the office today, which I have given a hard stare to and resisted so far. I can feel my resolve crumbling though.
  • MattFalle
    eat.

the.

doughnut.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Horrendous nights sleep, I thought I was coming down with something. Overly hot then cold, sweats, aches.
    Feel much better today though, I might even try my wet suit on ready for tomorrows open water swim session.

Woken at 4am by missus dropping her EarPod and blasting me with whatever crap she was watching. Apparently I’d woken her up so no apology not nothin. 1-1 draw.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Did my wrist a mischief yesterday (not while whanking it out over the Eric Prydz video posted yesterday), but while sprinting out of the saddle in the drops up and over a bridge to teach some whippersnapper a lesson. That'll teach me to be a silly s0d. It hurts quite a bit, but less than yesterday, so no real harm done I reckon. Didn't stop me riding either, just can't go out of the saddle.

There are doughnuts in the office today, which I have given a hard stare to and resisted so far. I can feel my resolve crumbling though.

Cavendish-esque sprint in the drops!? Top marks 👍

We don’t need bikini bods this time of year. I had a pasty and a bag of pistachios for brekkie. Stevo would’ve been proud god rest his soul.
  • MattFalle
    eat.

the.

doughnut.
    seanoconn said:

Did my wrist a mischief yesterday (not while whanking it out over the Eric Prydz video posted yesterday), but while sprinting out of the saddle in the drops up and over a bridge to teach some whippersnapper a lesson. That'll teach me to be a silly s0d. It hurts quite a bit, but less than yesterday, so no real harm done I reckon. Didn't stop me riding either, just can't go out of the saddle.

Cavendish-esque sprint in the drops!? Top marks 👍

We don’t need bikini bods this time of year. I had a pasty and a bag of pistachios for brekkie. Stevo would’ve been proud god rest his soul.
    yellow label family sized steak n gravy pie for brekkie here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    WFH today due to dentist appointment shortly. Should probably eatsomething with lots of garlic for lunch before I go.
    Looks reasonably nice out, feels chilly though. I think the rut has definitely started in the parks, the big pointy beasties were bellowing a lot as I rode through yesterday, I tried to keep my distance as I passed, definitely don't want to be on the pointy end.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Horrendous nights sleep, I thought I was coming down with something. Overly hot then cold, sweats, aches.

At least it will keep the sweat from leaking out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    edited September 2022
    MattFalle said:

eat.

the.

doughnut.

Seems like you can't upload animated ones.

• I'm ignoring the doughnuts. I bought lights and winter chain lube instead.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    edited September 2022

Afternoon folks,
    WFH today due to dentist appointment shortly. Should probably eatsomething with lots of garlic for lunch before I go.
    Looks reasonably nice out, feels chilly though. I think the rut has definitely started in the parks, the big pointy beasties were bellowing a lot as I rode through yesterday, I tried to keep my distance as I passed, definitely don't want to be on the pointy end.

Oof; he looks a big bu88er! That's one of my golden rules for night rides; give way to anything with hooves and / or antlers
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    edited September 2022
    seanoconn said:

I'm still alive, just busy. Meds seem to be keeping the worst of the back shizzle away and I'm off down to the physio later on.

Anyhow, lots of chainsaw action here as we have the tree people here cutting back some of the big 'uns.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle

I'm ignoring the doughnuts. I bought lights and winter chain lube instead.

thats a mistake - they'll well sit on your hips.
  • veronese68
    Munsford0 said:

Afternoon folks,

Oof; he looks a big bu88er! That's one of my golden rules for night rides; give way to anything with hooves and / or antlers
    I think that ones an adolescent, there are bigger. Nearly got collected by one a few years back as it changed direction when chasing off a challenger and cut in front of me. His poxy cloven hooves slipped on the wet tarmac and he fell a few feet in front of me sliding towards me as I was full on the brakes. Much scarier than a car coming too close.
    I started wearing a light on my crash helmet as riding through the park at night I could sometimes smell the deer, but not see them, that's really disconcerting.
    Really annoys me the number of people you see trying to get close to them with offers of food. During the rut I've seen the big stags chasing people a few times, I am very wary of them contrary to how that may appear. Had he been moving any quicker or showing any signs of heading my way I'd have stopped well back. He had been on the path and was moving away slightly so it felt safe to pass with caution.
  • veronese68

Lights, lube and doughnuts not an option? Ride round RP tomorrow after work to burn it off.
  • One night despite being lit up and flashing like a christmas tree I ended up with a herd of smaller deer (fallow?) crossing the road both in front of me and behind me. The scrabbling of their pointy little hooves on the road is one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. Unusual farmyard smell too. Or that might have been me...
  • seanoconn
    Munsford0 said:

One night despite being lit up and flashing like a christmas tree I ended up with a herd of smaller deer (fallow?) crossing the road both in front of me and behind me. The scrabbling of their pointy little hooves on the road is one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. Unusual farmyard smell too. Or that might have been me...

Dodgy lot those fallows. Lucky escape.
  • I'm ignoring the doughnuts. I bought lights and winter chain lube instead.

Lights, lube and doughnuts not an option? Ride round RP tomorrow after work to burn it off.
    I could lube up the doughnut for ease of swallowment, then light it on the way down my gullet.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Munsford0 said:

One night despite being lit up and flashing like a christmas tree I ended up with a herd of smaller deer (fallow?) crossing the road both in front of me and behind me. The scrabbling of their pointy little hooves on the road is one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. Unusual farmyard smell too. Or that might have been me...

Dodgy lot those fallows. Lucky escape.
    Yes, fallows are very nervous and jumpy, thankfully they usually run away rather than towards you. The biggus bastardum pointyphuckerus, commonly known as red deer stags, are a lot calmer most of the time because they are the king of the castle, not so easily spooked. They cerainly do have an odour to them.

I could lube up the doughnut for ease of swallowment, then light it on the way down my gullet.
    Do it, you know it makes sense.
  • MattFalle
    quick one:

why is it that when you sit in a beer garden in shorts a t-shirt and have some beers/wine in the sun and chill and eat a salad and read your book everyone thinks its nice and summery and smiles and you have nice passing chat but if you sit in a field in your pants with some tinnies and a family size packet of bacon flavour rip off Frazzles does everyone look at you like you are a weirdo and mutter things like "wankeralco tramp" at you?

#confused
  • MattFalle

doughnut?

doughnut?

singular?

ffs H3. We all know that doughnuts have to be consumed in the plural.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,591
    Was 3-5m away from this guy. Was as close as I wanted to get.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

yeah - don't pick a fight with that.

#advicefortheday
  • thistle_

Lights, lube and doughnuts not an option?
    Sounds like a good night out

• veronese68
    pblakeney said:

Very wise. I would add that the deer in the Royal Parks around here are used to having lots of people around, but not exactly domesticated. They should still be treated with respect. I'm quite careful about how and when I pass if I'm getting close to them. Once saw a couple of big stags facing up to each other in the rutting season. Probably about 15metres between them, but facing each other with lots of bellowing, snorting and huffing. Really impressive sight. Then a family of simpletons walked straight through the path in between the two of them. Several people told them not to, the father said it's fine as they're herbivores and don't attack people. You can't fix stupid, luckily for them they got away with it. The father probably tells the tale of the idiots that told him not to walk too close to some deer.
    In vaguely related subject matter, there are people that object to the annual deer cull, I generally suggest introducing wolves to the park as an alternative, it would get rid of the slow runners and cyclists as well.