Garmin replacement rechargeable batteries, were to buy?

Can anyone recommend a UK online store that's sells decent batteries for the Garmin Virb Elite Camera and a Garmin 810 ?, both are holding less that 50% charge their 9 years old. thanks

Comments

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,557
    I've used this make of battery in a 510, and it's still going strong after a long time.
    https://ebay.co.uk/itm/294182108639?epid=939763988&hash=item447e9ebddf:g:NRkAAOSw3EZizZYR
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    You can get Virb batteries from Garmin.
  • I got a Virb Elite battery from the 'Bay last year I think. It was quite cheap but not as good as the original Garmin battery when it was new - but it's a lot better than my (also I think) 9 year old battery, Holds about 2-2.5 hours charge
  • A replacement battery is one option though I can't help with where to get one from. However, it could be worth contacting garmin and seeing what they may be able to offer you ref a refurbished replacement which has OEM new parts or discounted new offering.

Nothing to lose in asking the question after letting them know how disappointed you are with the really poor battery performance.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,729

A replacement battery is one option though I can't help with where to get one from. However, it could be worth contacting garmin and seeing what they may be able to offer you ref a refurbished replacement which has OEM new parts or discounted new offering.

Nothing to lose in asking the question after letting them know how disappointed you are with the really poor battery performance.

Nothing to lose but I doubt you'll get much sympathy for 9 year old batteries.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304

A replacement battery is one option though I can't help with where to get one from. However, it could be worth contacting garmin and seeing what they may be able to offer you ref a refurbished replacement which has OEM new parts or discounted new offering.

I did this with an 820 edge, Garmin replaced it free of charge but it was I think about 2yrs old at the time - 9yrs might be pushing it a bit!

I've also replaced the battery in older edge 800 and 520 with Cellonic branded batteries myself, in both cases the batteries worked fine with run times comparable to the original when new.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Make sure the firmware is up to date. My Wahoo Elemnt battery life was dismal to the point I started to look at replacement batteries or, even, a new computer. After some digging around online I did a factory reset and a forced software upgrade. My Elemnt battery life trebled after that.