saturday serenely scorchio

'ning

long ride, many cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Crumpets. Peloton. Train. Cov. Party in the sun with punjabi food.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Was going to post earlier but was unsure if a 10 min doze on the plane counted as sleep?

Much less scorchio and less than an hours kip means I should really try and go back to bed but body clock is telling me time to get up 🙄

Bright side, had a reasonable if not ferkin cold ride on the summer bike
  • Crumpets. Peloton. Train. Cov. Party in the sun with punjabi food.

Not sure about the covid bit but like the food in the sun idea

Moaning,

WFW later today so have a morning to chill and relax after a few errands
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340

Crumpets. Peloton. Train. Cov. Party in the sun with punjabi food.

Not sure about the covid bit but like the food in the sun idea

Moaning,

WFW later today so have a morning to chill and relax after a few errands
    Cov - Coventry.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Cloudy, breezy with dark clouds looming. Not enticed me out to pedal yet.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Nearly free of the lurgy but taking it easy until I'm sure: pity, as would really like to get on the bike. Junior is getting back from Liverpool later on. And I hear there's some football on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Off to the old dear's shortly. Collected daughter from St Pancras last night, she was utterly knackered after a few days out with friends on Anglesey. But she's been hiking, swimming in the sea and out late in the evenings. Given she still struggles with the effects of chronic fatigue that's remarkable, very pleased she's done it and enjoyed it. Hopefully it will boost her confidence and lead to many more similar adventures.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545
    rather headwindy 84k

crushed the same guy several times, mainly because he had a flashing rear light that was spoiling the view

first saw him 1-2 km ahead as i started going up timanfaya, passed him on the steeper ramps near the top with a cheery hola!, went in the cafe, he passed as i finished my coffee, got him again on the way to mancha blanca, hola!, slowed on the road to la vegueta and let him draft me a bit to see if he'd take a turn in the wind, he didn't so i rode him off on the rise to tiagua, stopped for a snack to let him pass, got him again on the windy descent to soo, hola!, stopped at the cafe coming into soo, he went the other way at the junction, didn't even wave to me, what a misery guts :smiley:

i noticed he had a compact, that leads to weakness and lack of moral fibre

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    sungod said:

rather headwindy 84k

crushed the same guy several times, mainly because he had a flashing rear light that was spoiling the view

first saw him 1-2 km ahead as i started going up timanfaya, passed him on the steeper ramps near the top with a cheery hola!, went in the cafe, he passed as i finished my coffee, got him again on the way to mancha blanca, hola!, slowed on the road to la vegueta and let him draft me a bit to see if he'd take a turn in the wind, he didn't so i rode him off on the rise to tiagua, stopped for a snack to let him pass, got him again on the windy descent to soo, hola!, stopped at the cafe coming into soo, he went the other way at the junction, didn't even wave to me, what a misery guts :smiley:

sungod said:

rather headwindy 84k

:smile:

I have a compact, I'll always put my nose in the wind though. If I spin out 50x11, I'm going fast enough, and the 34 gets a fatty like me up the hills.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    Ride rided, grey clouds and a bit windy, and as soon as got back out pops the sun. Gradually increasing the distances (hopefully make double figures by next month) and investigating new routes.

Some event taking place on part of today's wanderings, some clubbies about, I opted out of the MF style abusive approach and instead just said 'hi'.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    'Noon

Bus trip
    Park run
    Mountain
    Nearly twisted ankle
    Pig derived lunch
    Bus trip home

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Yay - just tested negative for Covid, so back to normal we go...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    82k, flatish-hilly-flatish + café stop. 3hrs 45mins.
    Didn't see a soul on a bike. Warm when the sun popped out, cold when it was behind clouds

Knackered.
    Lasagne later.
    Compact's get feeble one's like me over geographical obstacles and dead tourists.