Our favourite mug

Just a thread for people to post a picture of their favourite cup or mug of that moment - their drinking vessel of choice were they to be preparing their preferred hot beverage - whether as in my case it cost about £3 from Sainsbury's or if it's a family heirloom worth thousands. Amateur photographers who wish to show off their skills welcome, but please, one mug only per photo we can't have anarchy here.

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719

[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • HilaryAmin
    HilaryAmin Posts: 160

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    edited August 2022
    Toss up

(Sorry for the anarchy, they're too similar to choose between and both messages strike a chord!)
  • Does nobody else have different mugs for different beverages?
  • Pross
    I've got an espresso cup, don't use it much though as I get through too many of them due to their size. I'd use a different mug for hot chocolate but tea, on the rare occasions I drink it these days, would be in the same mug as my coffee.
  • Pross
    There was a bloke working for a contractor that I did a job with who who'd sit in site project meetings with this one. Summed him up really, what sort of ignorant **** do you have to be to sit in a professional meeting with that in front of you?

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    I've got one in Topsham, bought for me in Westward Ho! when I was little (which makes it 54 years old now)... one of those blue ones with a white rim & inside, with your forename on. I don't actually use it for drinking anything, but use it to store the silver spoon I gave my late mum, which was made the year she was born. Memories, and all that.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Used on an almost daily basis (with a couple of years excluded whilst I was out of country) since 1990.
    https://flic.kr/p/2nCxiNF
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    My favourite mug is the clean one I find of a morning when stumbling around making the first 100% pure Colombian of the day.
  • orraloon said:

My favourite mug is the clean one I find of a morning when stumbling around making the first 100% pure Colombian of the day.

Most folk use a rolled up twenty and a credit card. A mug must get the stuff all over the place!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Mine needs filling up.
  • Pross
    masjer said:

Knew it was coming
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,131

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    Pross said:

masjer said:

Knew it was coming
    I couldn't help it.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,900
    From the only kickstarter I've ever pledged too. Unfortunately one of the main proponents died of a massive heart attack and the project more or less died with him.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

orraloon said:

Most folk use a rolled up twenty and a credit card. A mug must get the stuff all over the place!
    Amateurs gonna amateur. Innit.
  • webboo
    edited August 2022

Might need filling again soon.
    Jane Seymour on the tele is not looking bad for 71.
  • Pross
    oxoman said:

Free from a former employer with a free coffee machine. Lasted longer than the machine.

How do you keep the liquid in?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited August 2022

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

There was a bloke working for a contractor that I did a job with who who'd sit in site project meetings with this one. Summed him up really, what sort of ignorant **** do you have to be to sit in a professional meeting with that in front of you?

Should have chosen subtle one instead.

No problem if your name is Richard :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo. In so many ways NO. It would never last more than 5 minutes in our house. Especially having been subjected to a stadium tour by young oxo and the OH.
    Just get him one with no writing on the side then :)

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    HMV Shop used to sell mugs with classic album covers on them. For a long while at work I had Never Mind the Bollox to annoy my boss. He dropped it several times, deliberately I'm sure, but other than a crack in the handle it survived his abuse. I've moved departments now so I don't use it any more, should reinstate it given the recent shenanigans.
  • vincesummerskRoxcBTr
    edited August 2022

A present from years ago, dishwasher is starting to remove the graphics now!
  • webboo

This morning’s brew Nicaragua Limoncello
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Pross said:

masjer said:

Knew it was coming
    Union flag in the centre is upside down as well.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited August 2022

everyday is a good day when you start with Lavazza with the gang.

best mug in the world. FACT

Chrimbles gift from Bambini and only mug I'll use.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,713
    manglier said:

Pross said:

masjer said:

Knew it was coming
    Union flag in the centre is upside down as well.
    Sign of distress, poor things.

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,193

I was expecting at least one of these.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    webboo said:

This morning’s brew Nicaragua Limoncello

Oh wow a Herdy fan