thursday your eyes are filled with coral snakes and liquid plastic castles

'ning

once more into the scorchio

ride far and up and down and cafes and bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Last full day, should be running but foot and knee disagree - so lying on a sun lounger with a cuppa

Today is the beach for lunch and a nice restaurant for dinner
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Ride to work, slower than desired, blaming it on the new pedals and it's definitely not me.
    Hanging around some grave yards today, then either pub or pilates later.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Last full day, should be running but foot and knee disagree - so lying on a sun lounger with a cuppa

Enjoy the last day with abandon and don’t think about tomorrow.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

'ning

Good luck sungod. Show that sun who’s the boss!

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    thistle_ said:

Morning
    Ride to work, slower than desired, blaming it on the new pedals and it's definitely not me.

?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

What's all this sooky sooky sook stuff from you?

• pinno
    More wood stacking today.
    Rocky rocket 2 is up and running.
  • pinno

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

That’s how I live my life
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

What's all this sooky sooky sook stuff from you?

Jealous much?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Rinse and repeat today - getting a bit bored with wfh. Hope this bloody lurgy shifts before next week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Wfh again today - did my penance on the indoor bike before work as too lazy to get out of bed early enough to get a worthwhile ride in.

Office tomorrow, and then out for dinner with Mrs B3.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    pinno said:

weird thing is that while bands like spacemen 3, primal scream etc. covered their songs, i suspect most people never heard of 13th floor elevators
  • sungod
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

'ning

Good luck sungod. Show that sun who’s the boss!

insanely windy, almost blown off the road over timanfaya, ride truncated to 64k, so more sunbed time
  • pinno
    sungod said:

insanely windy, almost blown off the road over timanfaya, ride truncated to 64k, so more sunbed time

Is the road up to Timanfaya closed to cars?

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, looking forward to wfh tomorrow. Knackered as I got in well after 1 from collecting the old dear, had 5 pints at the now former MDs leaving do before driving to Gatwick. Heineken 0 isn't exactly a good beer, but it's inoffensive if driving. Quite funny watching the others getting wobbly.
    Old dear now installed in the new gaff and happy, still lots to do with unpacking, hanging pictures and getting more out of the storage unit as we go. But generally all good and I'm relieved she's in. Round there again this evening to help her with a few bits.
    sungod said:

pinno said:

weird thing is that while bands like spacemen 3, primal scream etc. covered their songs, i suspect most people never heard of 13th floor elevators
    JJ Cale is a little like that, After Midnight and Cocaine covered by Clapton and more well known. But Cale's originals are far better imo.
  • seanoconn
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Being dragged out by family for pig based breakfast at local greasy spoon then walking the legs off the mutt. Running and riding later all being well. Blue sky's and sun today again. Enjoy your day folks.

Morning? Breakfast? The day’s half over.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Ride rided. Long sleeves on, NW wind picking up. Legs getting better on the upslopes - even if they're a bit heavy now - overtook 1 then another 2 bikelists on one climb.

Returned to find washing line broken and the load of freshly laundered bedding on the ground. Gordon Bennett, what next?
  • sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Is the road up to Timanfaya closed to cars?

no, there's now a regular traffic jam on the north side due to people in hire cars queuing to get into the volcano tour, was already snarled up by 0800-ish when i was coming down that side
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    orraloon said:

...even if they're a bit heavy now...

A bit heavy! Just walked down into town and back, 15 minutes max, and my knees are hurting like hell. Might have overcooked it chasing down those OAPs on their tricycles.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Fast track followed by the lounge.
    We’re not flying with these clowns though

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Morning

?

No they look much better.

I'm trying to find the source of a really loud creaking on my Cannondale. I've already replaced the BB and it hasn't solved it so pedals were the next thing as they're about 10 years old M520s
    M520s are now pretty pricey so just got some VP ones. My first clipless pedals were VP and they were decent but these are garbage:
    I didn't even need the pedal wrench to screw one of them on because the axle was so stiff. 70 miles later they're no better, and it hasn't solved the creaking.

Back to decent power on the way home anyway, trip to the pub seemed to put a rocket up me. Even found a random dude to race on the lane back :smiley:
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Morning

?

No they look much better.

I'm trying to find the source of a really loud creaking on my Cannondale. I've already replaced the BB and it hasn't solved it so pedals were the next thing as they're about 10 years old M520s
    M520s are now pretty pricey so just got some VP ones. My first clipless pedals were VP and they were decent but these are garbage:
    I didn't even need the pedal wrench to screw one of them on because the axle was so stiff. 70 miles later they're no better, and it hasn't solved the creaking.

Back to decent power on the way home anyway, trip to the pub seemed to put a rocket up me. Even found a random dude to race on the lane back :smiley:
    Why not Look or SPD?

When my Look pedals finally wear out (they refuse to), I may go Time.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Why not Look or SPD?

Still a mountain biker really.

I'll probably put the old pedals back on at the weekend seeing as there's nothing wrong with them apart from being old.