continuing scorchio

ride far, scoff much, bask later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Coughing and sniffing a bit this morning, it's a bit like the good old days when summer colds would do the rounds. Onwards to a day of wfh and isolation in the cave. Let's see if coffee helps with the symptoms.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    wfw, swift ride in with 3 others who were keen to press on, so a bit of a sweaty mess on arrival, due to mugginess.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Fresh today, now gone cloudy.

Admin., chase people up, pay bills, weekly shop, chop*.

*Wood.

Kill it with cider Stevo.
    Gargle with paraffin.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Fresh today, now gone cloudy.

Admin., chase people up, pay bills, weekly shop, chop*.

*Wood.

Kill it with cider Stevo.
    Gargle with paraffin.

Good plan Mr. P. I've been cautioned about sweating it out with a bike ride, so maybe pickling will work better? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Just pass it on, "you're it" stylee, that'll work shirley?

Base layer tarmac currently going down. No more gravel scree slope driveway, that's history. This firm is good, professional approach throughout.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Play swapsie. With a hooker.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Last few days of work, so getting bits together and making sure stuff is finished.
    Tried reading a training book for next year, got about a page in and fell asleep. Not that the book is boring, we just had a few beers and wines watching the football.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod said:
    Cor Bernard Cribbins went last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq5pzufCZuY

Now Uhura’s gone
    :'( sadness

Sat drinking tea waiting for my new inner tubes to arrive. Looks sunny out so might have to relocate image

• sungod
    edited August 2022
    misty mountain hop due to low cloud on the volcanoes, 4 hours including cafe stops, 84k, 920m of up, scorchio on the way back, sunbed time
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

It might take my mind off being being ill, mind you depends what I'd get in return...

Alternatively I could head down to Tesco and try to thin out the numbers of the tracksuited underclass o:)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon

Didn't sleep well so this morning's ride to the office was a bit of a struggle.

Sitting in the (replica) Roman amphitheatre eating lunch and catching some sunshine while summer's still here.
    Shame about the queuing, idling traffic right next to me.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Early morning run with a KOM - would be pleased but I created the route and no one else has run it.

Followed by a decent swim and not in the closest city drinking and shopping
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, meeting with a supplier this morning. Not really feeling it myself. Thankfully the big boss has effed off back to the US so we've got a bit of peace and quiet for the time being.
    Good advice about the pickling Stevo, it works for Keith Richards at any rate. Occasionally paying heed to random nutters on the internet pays off.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

It might take my mind off being being ill, mind you depends what I'd get in return...

Alternatively I could head down to Tesco and try to thin out the numbers of the tracksuited underclass o:)
    Must be a posh Tesco where you live, our locals can’t be bothered to change out of their PJ’s
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Must be a posh Tesco where you live, our locals can’t be bothered to change out of their PJ’s
    Fair point, down this way there's an Aston dealership opposite the local Tesco and a Ferrari dealership a few hundred yards down the road from Lidl :)
  • veronese68
    What's near Waitrose 😳
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

What's near Waitrose 😳

The homeless hostel.
  • sungod
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

sounds like the chavs in harvey nicks' champagne bar a while back
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2022

What's near Waitrose 😳

A petrol station :p
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

What's near Waitrose 😳

More expensive than a Ferrari or Aston soon 🙄
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520

Stevo_666 said:

What's near Waitrose 😳

On Saturday I dropped in to the big sainsbury's at Colliers Wood with 10 miles left in the tank. Petrol was 173 per litre. Oooh, that's cheap, I'll fill up I thought. I suppose it is relatively cheap, but it was £115 to fill up. I don't think I broke 70 to and from Cov, trying to eke out the fuel. All the local trips are on the battery now.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening. Been suffering with a summer cold for the last two days. Streaming eyes and nose. I’ve achieved nothing except binge watching Star Trek: strange new worlds. Hopefully better tomorrow for more writing time. Are we bad parents for letting, nay encouraging, our 14yo son watch Greg Davies’ stand up routines on Netflix?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

What's near Waitrose 😳

On Saturday I dropped in to the big sainsbury's at Colliers Wood with 10 miles left in the tank. Petrol was 173 per litre. Oooh, that's cheap, I'll fill up I thought. I suppose it is relatively cheap, but it was £115 to fill up. I don't think I broke 70 to and from Cov, trying to eke out the fuel. All the local trips are on the battery now.
    Fill up more often and it feels cheaper :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2022
    oxoman said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

What's near Waitrose 😳

Fill up more often and it feels cheaper :)
    Just to put things into perspective at the beginning of covid I was paying 99p a litre for unleaded as one of the few still WFW. Sat at tha price for a bit then went ballistic when things started moving again.
    I remember it getting very close to the £1 a litre barrier around here on the rare occasions I did get petrol in the first half of 2020. Those were the days, eh...
  • pinno
    £1.02 a litre here and few jolly's in the Porker.
    Early 4am jolly's East to avoid rozzers/attention I found hazardous in terms of rabbits, Deer and Foxes.