saturday off to see the tabby, it's déjà vu, all over again

'ning

stroll, cafe, await limo, lounge bubbly, onboard bubbly, hola volcanoes, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Enjoy holiday part 2 SG

Rest day so no running 🙄unsure what today is, but will probably involve pool, sea and without doubt ale
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

22k steps last night on the dance floor and very little sleep :smiley:

Going to try and make it round the local park run if I can find some breakfast, then conquering Leicestershire's biggest mountain on the way home :wink:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    edited July 2022
    strolled, saw a local tabbycat relaxing on its windowsill, always a good sign

sat outside cafe for a pain au choc and a coffee, lazily reading the inyt, back page spread is about sardines

now i want sardines on toast
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sardines in Avocado is good.

Too windy and damp for a pedal. It might clear later so fingers crossed.
    First, pack toots and OH to Gr. grandma's.
    Gr grandma's is fun - you can have a conversation with her and the next week, have the exact same conversation.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    A dreich day, therefore a v slow start, a deuxième café bu au lit, better get going soon. Looks like will be damp most of the day, so a bit of light pottering about, take it easy after several hard going days. TdFF stage could be a good one.
  • pinno
    Benny Beans news update **exclusive report**

Hier soir, he decides to show of his climbing prowess. It's good. In fact it's excellent but the coming back down bit is definitely not. He gets stuck up the fir tree again, mewing all the while and struggling to use the branches to descend.

But... I climb up the tree and he comes down to meet me and then climbs on to me and I then climb down.
    I have never known a cat to do this.

Most dry evenings, we take him a walk in the fields. The idea is to imprint the field and the hedge as his territory, away from the road. He is now at the point of anticipating the walk and gets impatient whereas before, there was a huge degree of trepidation and we had to coax him.
    Thursday evening and there are cows in the adjacent field, so Beans is wary and looking at them intermittently; stopping like a Meerkat to view the giant monsters. Nonetheless, he decides it's okay to follow us. We go through the gap in the hedge at the top of the field and up and up so we can observe the House Martins chattering and swooping around. Also, the view on a clear day is stunning. Beans follows.
    Then the cows move into the field next to the house (I thought the gate was shut) and Beans is snookered. We're snookered too as there is a Black bull in amongst them and even Dutch farmer boy is wary of the 'little' black bull having been cornered by him once and having had to scramble upwards quickly .
    It's easy for us as we hop over the gate and on to the road but I didn't want Beans to follow.
    Worse still, it starts to rain. I went back over the gate just to check where he was. Beans sought shelter in the hedge.

We wandered home. Girls were concerned. I figured that the road to get back is a very quiet road and he knows where home is and sure enough, he wanders in at 11pm drenched but somehow empowered in his manner and unconcerned about being soggy - proud to have dodged the bovine cat mangling monsters I guess.
    I grab a towel out of the wash basket and briskly towel him off. It starts with a deep purr and ends with up him on his back with all 4 paws trying to attack me and the towel but at no point does he stop purring.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

Hier soir, he decides to show of his climbing prowess. It's good. In fact it's excellent but the coming back down bit is definitely not. He gets stuck up the fir tree again, mewing all the while and struggling to use the branches to descend.

But... I climb up the tree and he comes down to meet me and then climbs on to me and I then climb down.

Most dry evenings, we take him a walk in the fields. The idea is to imprint the field and the hedge as his territory, away from the road. He is now at the point of anticipating the walk and gets impatient whereas before, there was a huge degree of trepidation and we had to coax him.
    Thursday evening and there are cows in the adjacent field, so Beans is wary and looking at them intermittently; stopping like a Meerkat to view the giant monsters. Nonetheless, he decides it's okay to follow us. We go through the gap in the hedge at the top of the field and up and up so we can observe the House Martins chattering and swooping around. Also, the view on a clear day is stunning. Beans follows.
    Then the cows move into the field next to the house (I thought the gate was shut) and Beans is snookered. We're snookered too as there is a Black bull in amongst them and even Dutch farmer boy is wary of the 'little' black bull having been cornered by him once and having had to scramble upwards quickly .
    It's easy for us as we hop over the gate and on to the road but I didn't want Beans to follow.
    Worse still, it starts to rain. I went back over the gate just to check where he was. Beans sought shelter in the hedge.

We wandered home. Girls were concerned. I figured that the road to get back is a very quiet road and he knows where home is and sure enough, he wanders in at 11pm drenched but somehow empowered in his manner and unconcerned about being soggy - proud to have dodged the bovine cat mangling monsters I guess.
    I grab a towel out of the wash basket and briskly towel him off. It starts with a deep purr and ends with up him on his back with all 4 paws trying to attack me and the towel but at no point does he stop purring.

climbs like a cat, descends like a kitten :smiley:
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Dropped into work to extract somebody out of the 💩 they'd ended up in. Parkrun then family chill time. Thistles been doing his John Travolta moves. 🤣

Yeah, and the rest.

Survived park run, sausage and bacon bap at the finish was well worth going for (Loughborough @oxoman )
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    pinno said:

One of mine has ultimate trust and leaps from the fence on to my back (no claws out). She likes to do it most when you aren’t looking. Same with the loft hatch, she can go up the ladder, but needs assistance getting down. As I climb the ladder to get her, she just jumps onto my shoulder. A couple of times she has lowered herself down from the porch roof. Basically stick your front legs out, slide on your belly and slip off the roof, trusting I’d catch her.
    Alas, age has caught up with her, so fences and roofs are mostly out of reach.

Cats do seem to like a walk.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

In all sincerity, that’s the best cat story I’ve heard today.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Currently sat in a trampoline park in guilford 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    'today'. Humph.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I hope mine is second.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Currently sat in a trampoline park in guilford 😕

'sat'? Get stuck in square pants.
  • sungod
    masjer said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I hope mine is second.
    so i'm third now with my tabbycat in the window anecdote?

gatwick even more crowded than last week, tried the british so-called bubbly in the flounge, one sip was enough, vile, safely back on proper stuff
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Yeah weekend. How do I tell the difference?

Under instructions to make another picture frame, except the artist decided to do the image radically off-centre, so there's a *lot* of adjusting to do. Faff.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Yeah weekend. How do I tell the difference?

Under instructions to make another picture frame, except the artist decided to do the image radically off-centre, so there's a *lot* of adjusting to do. Faff.

Maybe he was a pi$$ed artist.

I'll get my coat.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Now in Lincolnshire after a fairly heavy night out up in Durham. Thought I had covid this morning but tested negative so just got some random lergy.

BBQ and more drinks soon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

a fairly heavy night out up in Durham....Thought I had covid this morning

BNO has that effect.

• Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

a fairly heavy night out up in Durham....Thought I had covid this morning

BNO has that effect.

It probably was just a hangover...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening. After a long drive yesterday, went out for a ride this morning. Went well, enjoyed it. Stupidly slow though. Met my supervisor for a doctoral thesis discussion. Went well. Finally got around to getting some new running shoes so that’ll kick off again. Not feeling great due to having a cold but not feeling too down today. Which is nice.
  • tlw1

Stressed
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Don’t post stories like this, the family want another cat and Cyprus is full of kittens so the pressure is increasing
  • sungod
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Don’t post stories like this, the family want another cat and Cyprus is full of kittens so the pressure is increasing
    you need more kittens, more important is that kittens need you
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Went over to Stevo's old stamping ground of Beckenham to see some pals plus their kiddos for a bbq. 13 miles west to east. An hour on the way there. 40 mins on the way back. Its not easy going west to east.

Cov tomorrow to palm mini onto my mother/sister-in-law plus niece and nephew for a week.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Been humping all day, knackered now. Got lots of stuff into the old dear's new gaff which is good. Still bits to do, then there will be the arranging of said stuff. Storage unit now only half full, I might have mentioned once or a brazillion times she had way too much stuff. The next few weeks will be spent hanging pictures and other bits and bobs no doubt.
    Was enjoying a well earned pint at the end of the day when got word that a friend had fallen and hurt herself in Croydon, unfortunately her husband had been helping me and was just putting his pint to his lips. We had to get to Croydon and I dropped them off at A&E.
  • Stevo_666

Went over to Stevo's old stamping ground of Beckenham to see some pals plus their kiddos for a bbq. 13 miles west to east. An hour on the way there. 40 mins on the way back. Its not easy going west to east.

Cov tomorrow to palm mini onto my mother/sister-in-law plus niece and nephew for a week.

True, might have been quicker on the tram. Whereabouts in Beckenham, out of interest?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Stevo_666 said:

True, might have been quicker on the tram. Whereabouts in Beckenham, out of interest?
    Looking at the map. It's near Eden Park Station. Due south of Beckenham itself.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Looking at the map. It's near Eden Park Station. Due south of Beckenham itself.
    OK - Beckenham/West Wickham borders. We were further North, between Beckenham Junction and Ravensbourne.