Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

sky of blue, sun of scorchio, roads of mirage
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Run been done now waiting for a taxi as today is a boat trip and spending too much money.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Brekkie, finish packing, jump in car for a long drive North.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bit dull. Forecast is rain.
    Must chase up people and stuff.
    Have to set aside as much as 5 minutes to scribble out a waste transfer note.
    Fettle bike.
    Eat.
    Snooze.
    Eat some more.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    4 day wfw this week, so ridey ride. The straps on the new free aero race bib shorts are a bit slicey in the nipple area, but the pad is very comfy in the butt area.

Got a reasonable night's sleep for the first time in ages last night, so feeling relatively fresh.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Indeed, forecasting a rain dump around lunchtime. The Boys from the Blackstuff are here ripping out the screeslope. How much spectating can I do before I become too intrusive? Nae doot ah'll get telt fan ut iz.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Quick 20 mile "there and back" ride this morning before work. Neither scorchio or mirages featured.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

4 day wfw this week, so ridey ride. The straps on the new free aero race bib shorts are a bit slicey in the nipple area, but the pad is very comfy in the butt area.

A couple of patches of gaffer tape over the nips will sort out the slicey bits.
    Saves you veeting those bits.

• beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

A couple of patches of gaffer tape over the nips will sort out the slicey bits.
    Saves you veeting those bits.

:#

Eeek.
  • pinno

Got a reasonable night's sleep for the first time in ages last night, so feeling relatively fresh.

I always wear a vest, so straps go over the vest and on cloth, keep their shape better. Far more comfortable. Plus: a vest wicks the sweat up.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

I always wear a vest, so straps go over the vest and on cloth, keep their shape better. Far more comfortable. Plus: a vest wicks the sweat up.
    Pog didn’t wear a vest on the hot mountain stages. Please explain why I need a vest. 500 words or less.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Any pics of your norks?
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Please explain why I need a vest. 500 words or less.

Saves you wearing a jersey

• beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

I do wear a vest or baselayer when it's not warm, so it's not an issue from October to April/May.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Any pics of your norks?
    Ewww. They're all sliced.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, lots of whispering going on. It's just been announced that the MD is going, i already knew of course. He's basically been scapegoated. He has to do what the American owners say, now things aren't going so well they've pushed him. I think a few others will follow, I'm certainly not the only one thinking along similar lines.
    Anyway, more important fish to fry. Moving furniture back to the old dear's new gaff this weekend before she gets back next Wednesday.
  • beansnikpoh
    edited July 2022

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Pog didn’t wear a vest on the hot mountain stages. Please explain why I need a vest. 500 words or less.
    You're not pro enough to pull off the emaciated look.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I never said you or Beansie should wear a vest, in fact I never said anyone should wear a vest, what I did say was: 'I always wear a vest'.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I never said you or Beansie should wear a vest, in fact I never said anyone should wear a vest, what I did say was: 'I always wear a vest'.
    Presumably like Rab C Nesbit.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Uppity.

It was inferred.
  • sungod
    brutal headwind for outbound ride, quite nasty on the high exposed roads, stopped to clean my shades and couldn't even stand over the bike it was so windy, at least it was tailwind back, pleasant bask

will shortly be unexpected sungod in row 1, lightning amex flight booking to nip back to uk for a day to check things, grrr, in the mood to kill
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Uppity.

It was inferred.
    bollox.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Nothing we can check for you SG?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Busy day. Boys (and girl) from the Blackstuff got well tore in, team of 4 all day plus another 2 for the afternoon, tonnes and tonnes of rubble inc surprisingly large bits for a subbase taken away, the kicker is now less such. Day #1 done. And on we go.

Here's the update pic

FFS this forum's software is total shite. Sideways pics innit.
  • sungod

unfortunately not, departures here is rammed, never seen it this busy, lounge an oasis of calm, though a bit warm, but cava is well chilled, as is the gazpacho, which i'm having with two salchichón and cheese rolls of my own design

• thistle_

Someone stole his KOM and he needs to get it back.
  • beansnikpoh
    At least its warmish tomorrow sg...clear to the SW.

Watching Stanley Tucci in Italy and waiting for bed time. I keep looking for snacks, but we don't have any.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Just got back from my first round of friends & family visits, now chilling in the bar with an apple based nightcap. Also managed to get time to clean the seagull shyte off my folks headstone, was surprisingly presentable given nobody's touched it since late '19.

More F&F visits and a Friday night out in Durham beckon tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]