sunday is only more sunday

'ning

ride up and down volcanoes, swoop through vineyards, cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle jog with the current wife, now enjoying tea on the sun bed.

Today is a beach 30 mins away that used to have an amazing restaurant at stupidly low prices, hope bar flu hasn’t mucked it up.

Later is watching the F1 at a nice bar up the road
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    If I can manage to get my bike out I'm going for a ride: slightly sore shoulder from Thursday spontaneously became a fuxked shpikfer yesterday afternoon and not much better this morning :disappointed:
    At least it distracts from all the other aches and pains.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    thistle_ said:

'Ning
    If I can manage to get my bike out I'm going for a ride: slightly sore shoulder from Thursday spontaneously became a fuxked shpikfer yesterday afternoon and not much better this morning :disappointed:

Seems real bad.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Warmish Westerly. Makes a TWH tricky.

Hopefully another breakaway will scupper boring boring sprinters from having their fest on the cobbles...

I doubt it but one can always hope.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Flat ride out to Windsor and back on the drops. Sore back, sore neck, but reasonable pace given solo plus quite windy.

Walk up to village for lunch later to replenish lost calories. Then recover horizontally.

Bought a bunch of bike kit yesterday (last done >4 years ago) plus some assorted spares.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Morning folks, slowish start was enjoyed. Heading over to Wombledon shortly, will wave as I pass B³'s place. Taking friend's daughter and baby out to see what's going on with her and court case. All dragging on rather too long.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Mrs 666 and junior are on a day trip to Liverpool to sort out juniors new digs and do the inventory with the landlord. So am getting a few things done from my list while they're out. And enjoying the peace 'n' quiet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning

Seems real bad.

I know it's terrible.
    Ride was painful at times, mainly on the potholes and speedbumps but feel a million times better after going out.
    pinno said:

Warmish Westerly. Makes a TWH tricky.

Pixxing down here now, and the wind is weirdly warm.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Laziest day I've had in a while. Neighbourhood stroll this morning to earn the coffee. Diligent time wasting followed pre-lunch, then took SG's lead and spent an hour basking in surprisingly warm sunshine for winter. Bypassed the afternoon exercise routine and skipped straight to drinkies.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    infierno

after the main volcano, took the swoopy road through the vineyards at great speed, rider ahead was taking an unheroic line, swept past on the first s, he was already far behind as i crested the uphill s before the cheese shop still doing 60, hurtled down the other side, only 70-ish through the uga s due to a pesky car coming the other way

later, basking to a space ritual, using knowledge bestowed by the tabby demonstrated the non-existence of time, then manipulated quantum effects to locally reverse entropy and cool off

great days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Evening folks,
    Warm out, got rather sweaty wibbling to Wombledon and back. Minor mechanical on the return leg, entirely of my own doing irritatingly. I stripped greased and reassembled the bottom bracket on the pub hack yesterday. Clearly didn't tighten the left hand crank quite enough. Heading for home it got a bit wobbly about a mile after I'd passed an open bike shop. Carried on having kicked it and finger tightened it, next bike shop was shut and two friends failed. Eventually saw a bloke fixing a car on his drive and tightened it properly so I could pedal home.
  • beansnikpoh
    Had a big old lunch. Fell asleep. Failed V. :(
  • veronese68
    Just woke up on the couch myself having heard what sounded like a very good idea 😂
  • beansnikpoh
    sungod said:

infierno

after the main volcano, took the swoopy road through the vineyards at great speed, rider ahead was taking an unheroic line, swept past on the first s, he was already far behind as i crested the uphill s before the cheese shop still doing 60, hurtled down the other side, only 70-ish through the uga s due to a pesky car coming the other way

later, basking to a space ritual, using knowledge bestowed by the tabby demonstrated the non-existence of time, then manipulated quantum effects to locally reverse entropy and cool off

great days

Cheese shop though. 😋
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Up at a sociabe 7 or so and played cars with the rugrats while the wife had a lie-in

Took the eldest on a 10k bike ride along the river to the BMX park where he was mega. Couple of minor offs but brushed himself off and carried on. Took the train home which he always loves.

Wolfed lunch then went to the lake windsurfing, wearing board shorts for the first time in my life, I think. Absolutely nuking wind so now I am fxxked. Happy days
  • pinno
    Did a soft 25 this morning on account of family commitments and weather forecast and it was the right decision 'cos it has poured.

Beans is studying it hard.