Trek Elite 9.8, 2012, carbon XC hardtail, XL, £550

2012 Trek Elite 9.8, XL frame, XC MTB, 26" wheels. Full carbon fibre frame, Fox 100mm air fork.

Hi folks,
I bought this bike at the start of the year, after years of road riding, as I fancied trying off-road. It was offered to me and, after all - a mountain bike is a mountain bike, right?
Now I've got into it a bit (Strava says I've done just over 100 miles on this bike), I know that's not right - this is quite a focused bike and realistically works far beyond my noobie skill level.
It may be older now, but it's still a high-end bike, a great ride, and gets appreciative comments when out.

I'm looking to move this on for what I paid (a bit less, really) in order to buy something more all-round. Or I may be interested in a swap for something much slacker (in XL, I'm 6'4").

Spec: https://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/2012/Trek/elite_9_8#/us/en/2012/Trek/elite_9_8/details
Review: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/trek-elite-9-8-review/

The bike as priced comes as it came to me - no pedals, original stem and seat post and clamp, XC tyres (well worn) and almost brand new Bontrager mud tyres. It'll have the grips it arrived with on, too.
I have added a bottle cage and SwissStop organic pads (the noisy sintered ones it came with included), and removable mudguards for both ends.
I also have a shorter raiser stem to make it a little less stretched/focused.
All these will be included at the price listed.

Also available separately are:
Nearly new Schwalbe tyres - Hans Dampf/Nobby Nik - have you seen the price of tyres lately???!
Nukeproof plastic flat pedals.
A lovely shiny Wolftooth QR clamp.
XLC remote dropper seat post (less than 10 miles use... but it is great!)

Bike is in SA14 near Cross Hands, but I could deliver within about an hour (Cardiff/Pembrokshire/Aberaeron) for petrol money.

Serious enquiries only, please - I am not in a rush to sell this as I don't have a new bike yet, and I don't actually need to sell this one to pay for it when it comes :)

Thanks for looking!

Clicking pic below should take you through to an album with more.

Comments