Is there a radio station dedicated to the Tour?

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited July 2014 in Pro race
I've been to the Le Mans 24 hours where there was Radio Le Mans, I've listened to the Ref Link at Twickenham during an England vs Scotland match. Over the weekend I'll be listening to the local BBC Radio stations the commentary (shame on you Radio 5 and your Wimbledon obsession!) but...

...is there any kind of dedicated radio that covers the Tour when in France? In English?

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    erm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Radio 5 Live Extra usually have coverage from 3pm on days when there isn't a Test match on.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    RichN95 wrote:
    Radio 5 Live Extra usually have coverage from 3pm on days when there isn't a Test match on.

It's usually fairly reasonable to listen to as well. There is a test match starting on the 9th though and given a choice I still would pick TMS over cycling on the radio. Only just though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

It's usually fairly reasonable to listen to as well. There is a test match starting on the 9th though and given a choice I still would pick TMS over cycling on the radio. Only just though.
    Most days. But sadly the Test next week starts on the day of the cobbled stage. Maybe we could have a compromise and have the first day's play on the Carrefour de l'Arbre (hint for Cook: If you win the toss - bowl)
  • rodgers73
    I meant a station that broadcasts locally to the Tour itself as it moves around?
  • RichN95.
    rodgers73 wrote:
    I meant a station that broadcasts locally to the Tour itself as it moves around?
    No. I don't think so.
  • rodgers73
    Damn. Going to have to guess whats going on then!
  • rodgers73
    Looks good!
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    What happened to 5 Live's coverage of the Tour? Simon Brotherton commentating with Rob Hayles I recall. Another example of dropping as many sports as possible to concentrate on just a few. It really has become a poor station.....
    And the shortlived Bespoke podcast.....what happened to that?
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    The tour race radio feed is on the letour website . It's really handy
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,237
    If you speak Dutch, their radio 1 becomes radio tour de france for July.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510

I bought the ka500 multiband radio. Clear as a bell within the Kentucky countryside. Solar charge or manual charge with a choice of AC adapter or shortwave antenna and battery option (rechargeable); USB port. What more does one want? Weather channel 24/7, am/fm; shortwave bands. I suppose you may evoke a lightweight but it's that too! it's multiple optional charging ports for your phone, iPad, etc. Emergency peppers for enemies are a must!

Shill
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,130

some spam

Shill
    Your quote will soon be the only sign that ever happened.
  • mididoctors

I bought the ka500 multiband radio. Clear as a bell within the Kentucky countryside. Solar charge or manual charge with a choice of AC adapter or shortwave antenna and battery option (rechargeable); USB port. What more does one want? Weather channel 24/7, am/fm; shortwave bands. I suppose you may evoke a lightweight but it's that too! it's multiple optional charging ports for your phone, iPad, etc. Emergency peppers for enemies are a must!

Shill
    +1
    One post history. Bot reading thread tiles

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,130

spamness

Shill
    +1

You should also delete the spam from your post.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Given that the TV Coverage is so much like Test Match Special to me (background noise where the sport is almost incidental), I've often thought that a similar thing based around the GTs would be amazing.

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2022

spamness

Shill
    +1

You should also delete the spam from your post.
    Seems to have done automatically?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

some spam

Shill
    Your quote will soon be the only sign that ever happened.
    What happened? :wink: