wednesday with just a smidge of elugelab

'ning

lovely mild start

ride, peruse inyt during colbert brekkie, ride, wfh accompanied by tdf mountains, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slept twice as long as Monday night - so a whole 6 hrs. My plan of a relaxed night was mucked up by a run, swim and then the pub - but wife is happy so had to do it.

Today is work snizzle with later currently unplanned but could do with washing and rebuilding my bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited July 2022
    Bit tired as junior decided to get up at 6am to get an early gym session in before her placement at the vets. A large coffee has partially restored the balance.

Another day stewing in the cave. Got my pensions & finance bloke coming round this afternoon for a review and to look at Mrs. 666's old work pension that she found down the back of the sofa the other week.

Bike ride later if it"s not too hot n sweaty early evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Coffee time. OH is away so I'll likely spend the day trying to decide what to cook/order later. Might ride my bike if I can be bothered. Might also go for a drive and enjoy not driving a car that is sub 2 tonnes for once.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Girls and Mrs P packed off to arts session/picnic/park so it's just Beans and I, content in each others company and peace.

Must do admin.

Signed my Will this morning so that means if I get squished under a tractor whilst out on my bike later, it's sorted.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    The timing would be perfect if the carbon bits I ordered arrive soon via Royal Snail...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Girls and Mrs P packed off to arts session/picnic/park so it's just Beans and I, content in each others company and peace.

Must do admin.

Signed my Will this morning so that means if I get squished under a tractor whilst out on my bike later, it's sorted.

What do I get?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Must do admin.

What do I get?
    Are you hoping for his stash of sex toys?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Reminds me - must get my will done.

Wfh this morning. Changed brake pads - now have properly functioning brakes. Rode in for wfw this afternoon. Tdf highlights in the a/c hutch later.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    That's funny, wife and I are doing our wills at the moment. Kinda sobering.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Feeling the heat in a pair of jeans today, site meetings in this heat are a pain but turning up in flip flops isn't on either.
    Ride out this evening to watch MrsHD and her running pals finish a 10m trail run, there maybe a pint but unsure as yet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn

Wfh this morning. Changed brake pads - now have properly functioning brakes. Rode in for wfw this afternoon. Tdf highlights in the a/c hutch later.

You haven’t done your will yet!? At your age, with your diet, pushing yourself to the limit on your bike? Get it done boy.
  • seanoconn
    Terrific TDF today.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Terrific TDF today.

Agreed.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

You haven’t done your will yet!? At your age, with your diet, pushing yourself to the limit on your bike? Get it done boy.
    I know. To be fair, it's not complex, leave it all to Mrs B³.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Oi no spoilers. On the catch up, 40km to go... v v good race so far. Watching while dibbling about on t'internet.

Afternoon spent with new neighbours, tea, cakes, chat, learnings, lovely couple, farmers still farming and this is there end of home but he's not stopping, he's 82 and looks 62. Is what a healthy outdoor life gonna do for you.

Meanwhile, local bakery does 'kin A strawberry tarts. Like, big 👍. Food town of SW Jockland indeed.
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

Oi no spoilers. On the catch up, 40km to go... v v good race so far. Watching while dibbling about on t'internet.

Afternoon spent with new neighbours, tea, cakes, chat, learnings, lovely couple, farmers still farming and this is there end of home but he's not stopping, he's 82 and looks 62. Is what a healthy outdoor life gonna do for you.

Meanwhile, local bakery does 'kin A strawberry tarts. Like, big 👍. Food town of SW Jockland indeed.

Stop dibbling, watch the race.
  • Stevo_666

seanoconn said:

I know. To be fair, it's not complex, leave it all to Mrs B³.
    I left my half of the house to junior. And Mrs. 666 didn't mind.
  • beansnikpoh
    I expect to be pushing up daisies long before Mrs B³, as Seano rightly points out. She'll pass it on to mini and the boy.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Must do admin.

What do I get?
    I made you a Lego car.
  • Stevo_666

I expect to be pushing up daisies long before Mrs B³, as Seano rightly points out. She'll pass it on to mini and the boy.

Worth thinking about getting as much as possible to the kids. Willing stuff direct to them can help reduce care home fees as well as the obvious IHT stuff.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Worth thinking about getting as much as possible to the kids. Willing stuff direct to them can help reduce care home fees as well as the obvious IHT stuff.
    Tricky and Shorty will have trust funds set up to reduce the IHT. Might handover assets (without their knowledge) but must time it right so that I live at least 7 more years from that point.
  • Stevo_666
    True, but in the event that your last words are '**** me, where did that bus come from?' it's worth having a back up.

Also good for the care home situation.
  • seanoconn
    This is depressing me now 😔
  • seanoconn
    I’ll miss you when you’ve all gone 😔

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn said:

And they are like all really old
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

And they are like all really old
    Yeah, not much life in us left. Couple of weeks maybe.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Tricky and Shorty will have trust funds set up to reduce the IHT. Might handover assets (without their knowledge) but must time it right so that I live at least 7 more years from that point.
    I'll be giving stuff away as well - already am as I'm paying juniors uni fees and living expenses.

Btw You can pass on £1m worth of property using the residential nil rate for you and Mrs. P. You just got to do your wills right...
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Yeah yeah.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    What's wrong with you lot, you're all an absolute shower. Can't believe nobody has asked the obvious yet.
    Can I have your bikes once you've gone please?
  • Stevo_666

What's wrong with you lot, you're all an absolute shower. Can't believe nobody has asked the obvious yet.
    Can I have your bikes once you've gone please?

Yeah sure, form an orderly queue for mine :D