tuesday radiation pressure ignites the lithium-6 deuteride pineapple

'ning

looks like a cloudyclammy one

lazy start, nip over to h street for dentist check, cafes, wfh/tdf
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Broken and so tired. Less than three hrs kip and now waiting for the 2nd meeting of the day to start.

Morzine was amazing, so much fun on the fun bike, highly recommended for anyone who likes a fun bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Day of WFH for me today, feels muggy already. Going for my booster jab shortly, that's the 4th one I think. That'll be a slow wobble through the park hoping to avoid getting too sweaty.
    So is the old resurrected Tuesday thread going to confuse people today? Naughty Samantha.
    Good luck with dentist SG.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Broken and so tired. Less than three hrs kip and now waiting for the 2nd meeting of the day to start.

Morzine was amazing, so much fun on the fun bike, highly recommended for anyone who likes a fun bike

Turn off your camera and have a catnap. Not that I've ever done that.

How much is it to hire a fun bike over there? UK prices or more reasonable continental prices?
  • thistle_
    'ning

WFH. Raining at the moment but still hot, so it will probably be humid later.
    Trying to come up with a plan, several plans.

Up a hill later if the weather is OK.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Turn off your camera and have a catnap. Not that I've ever done that.

How much is it to hire a fun bike over there? UK prices or more reasonable continental prices?
    Boring meeting but we have cameras on - so typing this just below the camera 😂

Circa €100 a day (bike / insurance / helmets again). We took ours, other than a few tyres and many sets of brake pads - all good
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Circa €100 a day (bike / insurance / helmets again). We took ours, other than a few tyres and many sets of brake pads - all good

:astonished: I thought £50/day that Llandegla were asking was expensive....

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Hazy, mild, muggy and not a slight hint of wind/breeze.

Today will be doing a run around.

Looks like Dutch farmer bloke is selling up. Slightly surprising.
    He's currently in Brazil with his Brazilian g/f who is Brazilian.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Slow ride last night as it was the first time out in a few weeks. Gym this morning and taking one of the small people fishing later assuming the rain holds off.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    tlw1 said:

Wish I still could...Will have to make dowith a roadie ride once it cools down a bit the evening.

WFH, shorts and flip flops time. Got a top with a collar to hand for the Teams calls.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    strolled to and from dentist, pleasant through the park, already getting sticky elsewhere, two cafes so far, time for stroll to number three

hilly tdf day
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Ever been skiing and tried to hire ski kit Thistle? Same sort of rip off, just colder temperatures involved.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

WFH, shorts and flip flops time. Got a top with a collar to hand for the Teams calls.

This.

Trying to wage a war against a wasps nest in the roof of my office but the OH has taken my flamethrower to work...

BBQ later
  • pinno
    haydenm said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

This.

Trying to wage a war against a wasps nest in the roof of my office but the OH has taken my flamethrower to work...

BBQ later
    Honey, lemon and some water in the bottom of jam jars. They cannot resist and then drown.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

hilly tdf day

Can oft be better than mountainous.
    Remember that rolling stage in the TdF where Froome got caught out and it was a mad scramble to get back?

• pinno
    ...but; do I have to put up with Hatch?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Ever been skiing and tried to hire ski kit Thistle? Same sort of rip off, just colder temperatures involved.
    Yep, jäger was rather expensive
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Did it cost a bomb?

Gym gymed. Getting back into the twice per week routine, though fewer resistance machines than before plus angles different hence the 2-months-idle muscles are not happy.

Pleasantly warm here, not burn to buggry scorchio, which is in a Fast Show sense 'nice'.

Right, sort out some more Stuff.
  • veronese68
    What's going on with the weird quotes? Is Stevo fighting a wasps nest and HM advising? Probably HM v evilstingyfuckers.
    Got my booster this morning, had to contend with a jobsworth type telling me I wasn't eligible in spite of me having had a text telling me I was and my GP telling me i am very definitely on the priority list. Had to answer questions on my medical history before she decided she didn't think I should be on the list. I told her she was wrong so I was told she'd get the duty doc to explain it to me. She hadn't finished her first sentence and i heard the doc tell her anyone that's had a lymphoma is on the list. Lots of apologies after that but at least I got jabbed and had a warm wobble back through the park.
  • Stevo_666

What's going on with the weird quotes? Is Stevo fighting a wasps nest and HM advising? Probably HM v evilstingyfuckers.
    Got my booster this morning, had to contend with a jobsworth type telling me I wasn't eligible in spite of me having had a text telling me I was and my GP telling me i am very definitely on the priority list. Had to answer questions on my medical history before she decided she didn't think I should be on the list. I told her she was wrong so I was told she'd get the duty doc to explain it to me. She hadn't finished her first sentence and i heard the doc tell her anyone that's had a lymphoma is on the list. Lots of apologies after that but at least I got jabbed and had a warm wobble back through the park.

It is Hayden vs the vicious insectoids, although sometimes it feels like that here when the Mrs is having a bad day.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    It was me, I had forgotten how quotes work on here and was careless. Many apologies.

Wasps successfully killed. Bought a new brushcutter too which is exciting.
  • veronese68
    No need to apologise HM, quotes are a pain and often go wrong. Well done on defeating the evilstingyfuckers
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Regular dinner out in sweltersville with old school chums. On train back to air conditioned hut now to cool off before bed.

• Stevo_666

Regular dinner out in sweltersville with old school chums. On train back to air conditioned hut now to cool off before bed.

Thinking about getting a/c retrofitted to the cave.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

I remember Jaegertee well from ski holidays, unfortunately I don't remember much after drinking it.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Stevo_666 said:

To quote the mfs...do it do it do it do it. Good insulation necessary though.

• Stevo_666
    edited July 2022

Stevo_666 said:

To quote the mfs...do it do it do it do it. Good insulation necessary though.

That might be a problem - basically its an old garage which has been converted to a studio, brick construction, tiled roof. And the best part of 200 sq ft. Not convinced it's the best insulated as it's basically ambient temperature inside when I go in on a morning.