tuesday who put that pineapple on the giant water lily pad?

'ning

weather seems to be gradually warming, started blocking out prospective basking times

ride, cafe, nip into gmc to drink coffee and natter, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Less sunny here today.

Wondering whether to go for a run or a bike ride, neither is appealing at the moment.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Overcast and cool here (dry) WFW shortly so enjoying a cuppa to set me up.

Maybe a beer later then TdF on catchup with rhubarb and loganberry crumble (homegrown) happy days
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yesterdays run has left the foot a little sore, but manageable.

Borrowed a bike bag of a mate but it doesnโ€™t fit my bike ๐Ÿคฌ thankfully had an old bike cardboard box in the garage so used that. Wife is bringing back some bubble wrap from work, so all good.

Later might be another run or a swim
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,198

Maybe a beer later then TdF on catchup...

Did they broadcast the transition to Dunkirk?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Sun cloud wind sun cloud wind here in the wilds of the Northumberlandshire moors.

Might be going deeper into National Park territory today. Will anybody be there?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Greetings from the Twatcave. Slept through the alarm but fortunately no meetings scheduled early as I block my diary out to stop that sort of thing o:)

On the cards today is a spot of number torturing, interspersed with trench warfare with the French and Dutch highwaymen, sorry tax authorities...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    gmc chum has hurt his back so not in for natter, bailed

handy as i'll now be here when harvey nic's deliver surprise for mrs s, i can get to it first and prevent peeking

sunny start, but gone cloudy
  • pinno
    @sungod

What sort of witchcraft have you done on my daughter?

• thistle_
    Pineapples reduced to 49p in Tesco apparently.
    That will be why they're sitting on all those lily pads you get around here.
  • pinno
    I think my Japanese water Lily would object to having a pineapple parked on it.

Why can't I get 'Beans cam'?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    pinno said:

@sungod

What sort of witchcraft have you done on my daughter?

it's a sign she'll be a woman of wealth and taste
  • pinno
    Am I bank rolling this 'wealth and taste'?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Is that Anastasia screaming in vain?

That first-in-a-long-time gym sesh yesterday knocked me out, v late awake this morning, advantage of being one of these post work work peeps I guess. Get back in the routine.

More Stuff to address. The Project gathers momentum, got a joiner / roofer chap lined up, seems an ok guy, and sourcing via a helpful online retailer replacement door mechs so the awful garage may soon be a-sparkling again. Plus will be able to store bikes there safely.

Onwards.
  • pinno
    @orraloon

Bitumen or GRP or fibre cement (big 6) roof sheets for the garage?

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/eternit-profile-6-34-fibre-cement-sheet.html
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Thanks for that link.

Current thinking though, post chats yesterday, is pvc coated, anti condensation mesh backed steel sheets 3200 x 1000. Is a (well vented!) garage so as long as so major dripping, seems straightforward. Is what the fairmers roond here dae, innit ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • pinno
    I would be inclined to go for the bitumen sheets. 15 year guarantee. That's not to say it wouldn't last 20 years or more.
    Look up Coroline bitumen sheets.
    I don't know if you can get single extrusion sheets which would avoid overlaps - that run off of yours isn't the best.
    My garage has the GRP single extrusion sheets and it's excellent. Poor run off but works fine. because of no overlaps.
    I could look up the coy that provided them when I get back.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    pinno said:

Maybe a beer later then TdF on catchup...

Did they broadcast the transition to Dunkirk?

Not that I'm aware of.
    My catch up will be the Dunkirk to Calais stage, cos I'll miss both the live transmission and the highlights

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Thatโ€™s brilliant Pinno, deffo onto a winner here.

Iโ€™ve always been looking for someone to bankroll my wealth and taste. Iโ€™m in! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿคฉ
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Iโ€™ve always been looking for someone to bankroll my wealth and taste. Iโ€™m in! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿคฉ
    Do you have a pineapple tattoo though?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Small price to pay.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Anne Summers do membership discounts.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Dentist, somewhat overdue but y'know... busy. Anyhoo, two repairs done, and still sore 12 hours later. Grrrr.

Picked up electrical stuff to do some shed re-wiring, simple things like conduit and cable. You'd think the muppet in the store might have twigged that I was buying the conduit to encase the cable I was also buying, and perhaps pointed out that it was perhaps not quite the best one to use, on account of it being too f^^king tight to feed said cable through any appreciable length, but noooooooo. Double grrrr. Means an 80km round trip tomorrow to swap it for a larger diameter one.

Prepared shed for wiring job anyway, by removing some of the old stuff so will be a simple job tomorrow.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    I didn't see the start sign, I must have been going too fast :confused:
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

...fairmers roond here dae, innit ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sounds like a far too sophisticated patter.
    oxoman said:

Dentist, somewhat overdue but y'know... busy. Anyhoo, two repairs done, and still sore 12 hours later. Grrrr.

Picked up electrical stuff to do some shed re-wiring, simple things like conduit and cable. You'd think the muppet in the store might have twigged that I was buying the conduit to encase the cable I was also buying, and perhaps pointed out that it was perhaps not quite the best one to use, on account of it being too f^^king tight to feed said cable through any appreciable length, but noooooooo. Double grrrr. Means an 80km round trip tomorrow to swap it for a larger diameter one.

Prepared shed for wiring job anyway, by removing some of the old stuff so will be a simple job tomorrow.

I thought you had to be certified in Aus to touch anything electrical WS.
    Maybe he is 'certified'. Christ, I am.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    oxoman said:

I thought you had to be certified in Aus to touch anything electrical WS.
    Yeah officially you do. But in cases where I am simply relocating a power point by extending the cable length Iโ€™m not paying a sparky a couple hundred dollars and waiting a week for one to turn up. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS