monday beyond the cosmological horizon

'ning

smidge milder, still no hint of scorchio

ride, nip into gmc, cafe, bail, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning SG, are the others still snoozing? Looks sunny in Metz. Unfortunately I should be back in the UK later today.
    Going in search of a French mechanique. He'll suck on his Gauloise and say "zut, alors" before spinning me a load of Gallic bs no doubt. I just want him to connect the car to his computer and read the fault code so I know if it's the coil or injector playing up.
    Hopefully will be on a bike tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Dull here. Work snizzle, run and then pack bike up for morzine. Suppose I had better wash it first
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning SG, are the others still snoozing? Looks sunny in Metz. Unfortunately I should be back in the UK later today.
    Going in search of a French mechanique. He'll suck on his Gauloise and say "zut, alors" before spinning me a load of Gallic bs no doubt. I just want him to connect the car to his computer and read the fault code so I know if it's the coil or injector playing up.

May have missed this but did you drive to Italy? Or just picked a car up in France?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434

see if he throws in a "bof" too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    sungod said:

"C'est une catastrophe, prend l'autobus".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited July 2022
    Schwimming today. Bit blowy up here on the wild moorlands of wayayshire.
    We are literally staying in a gap in Hadrian's wall. Looks to me like it needs a bit of work. The pointing is terrible and it meanders all over the place.
    Seems to attract lots of strange people with rucksacks and walking sticks, men and women with hairy legs and neckerchiefs wearing broad rimmed hats who walk in a very slow, deliberate fashion.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

We are literally staying in a gap in Hadrian's wall. Looks to me like it needs a bit of work. The pointing is terrible and it meanders all over the place.

Get that Trump guy on the case. He likes building walls, or talking about it at least.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    edited July 2022
    sungod said:

Ou est la plage? J'ai un chien, et aussi un frere. J'aime faire du velo. Sept cent cinquante euros? Tu dois plaisanter. Puta!n de me rde. Qui appellez-vous "rosbif"?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Multi lingual swear filter!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    pinno said:

Seems to attract lots of strange people with rucksacks and walking sticks, men and women with hairy legs and neckerchiefs wearing broad rimmed hats who walk in a very slow, deliberate fashion.

Well you are there... :)

Busy-ish day on the corporate hamster wheel. One arm of my specs managed to detach itself when I got to the office so have had to go for an 'invisible mend' with a bit of sellotape. Its actually quite hard to spot so well done me...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Nice weekend was had, concert on Friday, garden work on Saturday followed by a BBQ.
    Sunday was a trip to Bolton to watch a friend complete here first Ironman event followed by an early night.
    Much work to do now...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, breezy but bright enough here. Currently drinking coffee and getting right back into the ongoing work from last week. Went for my first ride yesterday since doing the Badger Divide over the jubilee weekend, I have started feeling a bit groggy consistently and I think it's lack of exercise.

OH wants to book a holiday so suggestions of where to spend a week would be nice. Probably UK so we can take the dogs, and probably a Scottish island because she loves Mull but I'd like to try somewhere new... I imagine it will depend largely on the type of place but the wooden lodge I was looking at is £3500 for a week so that's a no.
  • pinno
    haydenm said:

Morning, breezy but bright enough here. Currently drinking coffee and getting right back into the ongoing work from last week. Went for my first ride yesterday since doing the Badger Divide over the jubilee weekend, I have started feeling a bit groggy consistently and I think it's lack of exercise.

OH wants to book a holiday so suggestions of where to spend a week would be nice. Probably UK so we can take the dogs, and probably a Scottish island because she loves Mull but I'd like to try somewhere new... I imagine it will depend largely on the type of place but the wooden lodge I was looking at is £3500 for a week so that's a no.

That's a bit last minute. Prices go up by the hour at this time of the season. Camping on Mull?
    We booked Hadrian's gap in February.

Camping in Skye? Isle of Arran? Forget Self catering unless you want to pay silly money. Even say Faskally Caravan site (Pitlochry) is pretty steep though has swimming pool, lovely walks but the odd chav to bump into/trip over.
    There's a lovely static park (if one such exists) near Calvine, quite wild and remote. Not far off the A9.

http://www.calvine.co.uk

Caravan sites take dogs. Get there/booked before Engerlish schools break up.

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Well you are there... :)
    Funny. I haven't got silly walking sticks and rucksacks.

• haydenm
    pinno said:

haydenm said:

That's a bit last minute. Prices go up by the hour at this time of the season. Camping on Mull?
    We booked Hadrian's gap in February.

Camping in Skye? Isle of Arran? Forget Self catering unless you want to pay silly money. Even say Faskally Caravan site (Pitlochry) is pretty steep though has swimming pool, lovely walks but the odd chav to bump into/trip over.
    There's a lovely static park (if one such exists) near Calvine, quite wild and remote. Not far off the A9.

http://www.calvine.co.uk

Caravan sites take dogs. Get there/booked before Engerlish schools break up.

Great suggestions, Calvine is a great spot. It all depends on when we go as to whether OH will want to camp, she seems to have started looking pregnant in the space of weekend, if this level of growth continues I'd be surprised if she can fit in the car by the end of the month let alone sleep on the floor!

There seems to be some nice enough little places around Aboyne still available but quite expensive. I've spent a bit of time around there for work and always love it there. Given OH's likely immobility I imagine getting somewhere nice will be key. I'll take my small kamado grill and spend the week bbqing. Might be able to sneak out for a munro or bike ride but I imagine it'll be quite inactive. I don't think preggers are allowed in hot tubs so it's no longer a vital feature
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    First proper gym sesh since 25th April. Guess what, I'm feeling more than a little jeffed now. But good to start to get back into the routine. This old frame needs to do its exercises.

Bit more pottering this afternoon. Breezy again here. Suppose being on top of the hill features.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    haydenm said:

Rockall?
    Cheap accommodation but I imagine the ferry is a bit expensive.
    Unlikely to busy.
  • haydenm
    thistle_ said:

haydenm said:

Rockall?
    Cheap accommodation but I imagine the ferry is a bit expensive.
    Unlikely to busy.
    I'll send the OH for a weekend retreat by herself...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Home now, knackered. Frenchman at the garage was useless. But then he was the equivalent of a Thick Twit fitter. Didn't speak any English so I had to tell him my bougies were fine but I suspected the troisieme bobine was fuckéd. But, the car was running ok this morning and made it back without incident.
    Need to get on the phone and try to sort the old dear's place out now.
    Is this the type of invisible repair Stevo?

• pinno
    I was thinking of something along these lines:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Nah, dead subtle.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]