Valverde in hit and run . Hospitalised?

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,805
Is this story true ?
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Christ. Was it always so frequent?

• mididoctors

No . Spain seems bad for it for some reason
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490

No . Spain seems bad for it for some reason
    All those ex-pat Brits!
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Spain’s the safest place I’ve ridden.
  • mididoctors

Yeah I wouldn't think it was dangerous either ...was some years ago .
  • mididoctors
    Italy had a lot of dangerous driving . A lot . The UK has got a lot better in some places worse in others . Probably true elsewhere . London drivers are a lot better now .
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited July 2022
    I ride everyday and feel safer riding now I live in Spain except roundabouts and junctions. The Spanish all seem to slam on the brakes at the last moment instead of slowing down on the approach and if they see you at the last moment it’s too late you’re toast.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    edited July 2022

Lots of data here

https://road-safety.transport.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-03/FF_cyclists_20220209.pdf
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,229
    Maybe the driver didn't like someone tailgating all the way only to overtake just as he was getting home.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    davidof said:

Lots of data here

https://road-safety.transport.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-03/FF_cyclists_20220209.pdf
    Why do I need to be directed to any data?