saturday represented through analytical cubism

'ning

cooler, cloudier

ride cafes laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, pig based breakfast enjoyed.

Out on a bike, unsure which and then off on the camper van to meet some friends. Will be an ale based afternoon and night 😎
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited June 2022
    Never mind that cubism bollox, it's windy and showery here and the f'cast is for even more windy and showery.
    That'll sort out the men from the boys tomorrow.
    Looks like it's just me and the intrepid Tricky attending.

Will see Loons fort today. I shall approach from the Western flank with caution, probably with a flame thrower and a cohort of Clan McCutcheons. Wind is in a North by North West direction which is in our favour.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I see that TLW is online - I thought he said he was going pedalling?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Caution indeed. The locals can get rather defensive. It is a tad blustery hereabouts today. And tomorrow's forecast should make for good tv viewing of the RRs, show off the scenery innat.

Late awake, pure Colombian #1, do a bit more unpacking... until I get bored again. Why didn't I just set fire to it, chuck it over the neighbours' fence etc?
  • pinno
    This ^ I see no aestheticism SG, so I shall raise you with:

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

Not sure what to do today, yet. Drinking tea, listening to Ned boulting and David Miller old podcasts all morning so far.
    Looks windy out, blue skies with clouds so maybe a ride later, need to get my arris in gear
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

This ^ I see no aestheticism SG, so I shall raise you with:

if only kandinsky had made it some pineapples instead of some circles
  • pinno
    edited June 2022
    I guess it was cold in winter in Munich so carbohydrates of some description would have been preferable.
  • pinno
    Meanwhile, Beans is trying to curry favour and acting cute with all of us 'cos there's cows in the field and he's making sure of his alliance with us.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Went into the hot tub with the current wife, is that ok?
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

Went into the hot tub with the current wife, is that ok?
    I suppose. You'll have to pass it by me next time and if I think that you are going to have more fun than me, then I am afraid it will be a 'no'.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Helping out at sports day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Back from the wedding after enjoying another decent cooked brekky. Most people looked surprisingly fresh after last night, especially as it was a free bar. M25 on the way back was slow going though.

May try a pedal later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    You can see the enemy coming from Loon's Fort.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    edited June 2022
    Has he laid on beer and snaxx?

I've fired up the gas grill. Chicken thighs and good sausages. Fancy salad too. Bottle of cold rosé from warm France.
  • beansnikpoh

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Evening folks,
    Hard day of lounging has been had. Lad eventually got home after a delayed flight and the joys of public transport.
    That looks good B³, we're being lazy and just having some fresh pasta and pesto from a local shop as we've eaten out rather a lot this week. Half way through the holiday now, must say this place really is very nice. Not as posh as the last place we stayed in, but only a short walk to the village rather than a few km of dirt track.
  • pinno

Has he laid on beer and snaxx?

I was driving* so no beer and snaxx was provided by a local(ish) food outlet - and rather good it was too.

*He is 55 mikes away.

• pinno
    Anyhoo - did you marinade those thighs?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

State of my thighs! Could do with some marinade or somesuch. Good wee cakestop that is, expect will feature on the itinerary when I take the descend to sealevel option.

Early night beckoning, feeling totally crackered wot wiv all the efforts over past couple of weeks. And I have another southbound M6 transit tomorrow evening. Think I'll give McCartney headlining a miss...
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Teriyaki sauce.