National Championships 2022 ***Spoilers***

notquite6foot
notquite6foot Posts: 248
edited June 2022 in Pro race
Here's a list on PCS. Some are currently missing, but chances are if it happens, it'll be added at some point.

With it being pre-Tour week most of the big cycling nations will be awarding jerseys in due course.

Comments

• Rein Taaramäe won the Estonian ITT for a sixth time, pipping Tanel Kangert by less than a second
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    You'll be shocked - shocked! - to hear that Ganna wins the Italian ITT
  • Maciej Bodnar wins his eighth Polish ITT. Not quite Tony Martin-levels of nationals dominance, but that's a pretty big tally.

Erik Fetter and Blanka Vas win the Hungarian time trials
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    Bauke Mollema beats Tom Dumoulin to take the Dutch TT champs. Don't think anyone was expecting that, were they?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    Not sure Dumoulin has fully committed to coming back from his sabbatical based on his performances since although TTs had been OK. At least now the Dutch jersey will be seen at the start of next season.
  • andyp said:

Bauke Mollema beats Tom Dumoulin to take the Dutch TT champs. Don't think anyone was expecting that, were they?

No but yes.But no
  • With one Van retired and another Van skipping it, Ellen van Dijk ensures the Dutch TT jersey goes out of circulation until at least the Worlds.

Just as surprising an outcome was Elisa Longo Borghini keeping hold of the Italian tricolore.
  • andyp
    Leo Hayter retains his u23 national TT title.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,900
    andyp said:

Having a good couple of weeks :)

Anyone seeing the UK RR(W/M) on GCN? According to BC they're showing it but can only see the crit races
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    On the Eurosport Iplayer which I think is the same as GCN has both crits on Friday and both road races Sunday.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Crit tomorrow Friday and RR Sunday showing on ES player. Men' and women's.
  • notquite6foot
    edited June 2022
    Remco Evenepoel and Lotte Kopecky win the Belgian ITTs

Think that's Evenepoel's first senior nationals jersey, helped by WVA's absence.

Given the Swiss ITT winners (Joel Suter / Elena Hartmann) I presume Kueng and Reusser weren't entered.

Pfeiffer Georgi won the GB U23 ITT, getting 0:12 on Elynor Backstedt and 1:20+ on everyone else. Leo Hayter's winning margin would have been bigger than 0:17 but for a bike change
  • andyp
    Good day for the Hayter family, as now Ethan retains his national ITT title.
  • notquite6foot
    edited June 2022
    He beat Dan Bigham by 1:14, so a bigger margin than last year.

He'll win a rainbow jersey at some point. Heck, next year's Worlds course will probably replicate some of today's course.
  • notquite6foot
    edited June 2022
    Bruno Armirail and Audrey Cordon-Ragot win the French ITTs
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099

Audrey Cordgon-Ragot

andyp said:

Saw a Colombian (I think) YouTube channel touting him as the next Chris Froome. So, who is going to start the "Should Leo Hayter swallow his pride and retire" thread?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • notquite6foot
    edited June 2022
    Not sure what happened to Anna Henderson, but Joss Lowden succeeds her as GB champ.

Mathias and Emma of the Norsgaard clan win the Danish titles. I know it's been a while now but the notion of Scandinavian riders in Movistar still feels a bit odd.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,205
    Double Norsgaard in the Danish TT, Emma and Mathias keeping it in the family
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Felix Großschartner and Christina Schweinberger win the Austrian ITTs; the latter (by a second) pipped Anna Kiesenhofer, who essentially TTd into cycling folklore last year
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    Netherlands men's road race today, 11 riders from Jumbo Visma.

I like this sign on the converted landfill site they'll be going up lots of times:

Finish is just past this climb, which has two sections - 500m @7% (max 24%) and 200m @ 12%. Could make an interesting race.

I believe live streaming is available.
  • Biniam Prosecco Girmay wins the Eritrean ITT on his return to racing

Ben Healy wins the Irish ITT, his first win in EF colours
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 452
    orraloon said:

Don't see the RR on GCN
  • JimD666
    roscoe said:

orraloon said:

Don't see the RR on GCN
    Both have been showing up for me since this morning. 08:50 Start time for the Women and 13:20 for the Men
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 452
    JimD666 said:

roscoe said:

orraloon said:

Don't see the RR on GCN
    Both have been showing up for me since this morning. 08:50 Start time for the Women and 13:20 for the Men
    Showing on the app for me now
  • kingstongraham
    Lead group of about 15 in the Netherlands champs has 6 TJV riders in it. Plus Sinkeldam and Taco among others. Clear by 30" with 50km to go.

Jakobsen desperately trying and failing to get the peloton to work to chase it.
  • kingstongraham
    And the converted landfill has a cobbled climb section on it.
  • kingstongraham
    edited June 2022

Lead group of about 15 in the Netherlands champs has 6 TJV riders in it. Plus Sinkeldam and Taco among others. Clear by 30" with 50km to go.

17km to go, Hoole has attacked and Eenkhoorn gone with him, got a 35 second gap on the next group of 3 - Teunissen, Oomen and Riesebeek. Group with Taco a few seconds back on them. Peloton nowhere.

Twice more up the manmade hill to go.
  • kingstongraham
    edited June 2022

17km to go, Hoole has attacked and Eenkhoorn gone with him, got a 35 second gap on the next group of 3 - Teunissen, Oomen and Riesebeek. Group with Taco a few seconds back on them. Peloton nowhere.

Twice more up the manmade hill to go.
    And Eenkhoorn takes it from Hoole. Tried to break him on the cobbled climb, but finally made it on the last climb of the day. Nice race and proper decent coverage.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Tight finish to the women's crit. Who got it? Tick, tock...
  • JimD666
    Joise Nelson takes it.