ride, cafes, wfh, possible bask, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wfw, weather app suggests block headwind on the way in today. :/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    On the train again. See physio on Weds about the tendon that's still playing up a bit. Still managed an hour down the lanes on Saturday without too much comeback so still looking to get communting again soon.

Got some tax related seminar and dinner with advisors tonight so free food n plonk it is :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked and work stuff now. Later is meeting my coach to go through my training plan, which is a waste of time as I can’t currently run 🙄
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Those Pineapples will get altitude sickness and wither in the cold SG.

Much to do today. Might be smiling later or might be extra grumpy with a splodge of grumpiness on top.

I need luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    this was haute as in haute joaillerie

pleasant in the sun, seemed to be a lot of traffic for so early

stroll time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    No1 son off on a school trip for a week. Sitting next to his ‘girlfriend’ on the coach as I waived him off. 11 years old! I told him he’d have more fun sitting with his mates at the back
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

No1 son off on a school trip for a week. Sitting next to his ‘girlfriend’ on the coach as I waived him off. 11 years old! I told him he’d have more fun sitting with his mates at the back

Thought you'd have been proud of him Seano, chip off the old block etc? Should have shown him that old Scampi Fries ad before he went o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Thought you'd have been proud of him Seano, chip off the old block etc? Should have shown him that old Scampi Fries ad before he went o:)
    Can’t remember the ad but knowing you I can guess the context!
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Can’t remember the ad but knowing you I can guess the context!
    Just search for the Scampi Fries ad on youtube - strapline 'The sweet smell of success' :p
  • pinno
    ^ 'kin 'ell!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

^ 'kin 'ell!

I think Stevo missed the 11 year olds part. It’s the only sane explanation.
  • Stevo_666
    It's very tame - he only eats a bag of Scampi Fries then let's his friends know what he's done o:)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    That's me fxxxxd, again. But the rental hotel is now empty, wiped down ahead of the Polish pros coming in for the deep clean, car is loaded just the bike to put on the rack in t'morning. Been a busy busy week and a bit.

All (😳) I have to do now is unpack all That Stuff. And bin most of it methinks.

Head to the local in a while with #1 daughter, eats, drinks and collapses into early night.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    orraloon said:

Give it to Pinno.

Turned out nice. The wind stayed in the same direction, so a rare tailwind home.

Mortgage offer finally came through (5 year fix at 2.5%, allows up to 120 days p.a. of renting out), searches done by the end of the week according to solicitor, survey booked, so we are hopefully nearing exchange on Mrs B³'s Somerset hideaway.
  • pinno

orraloon said:

Give it to Pinno.
    Oi!

Smash it with a hammer, set alight to it and chuck...

• pinno
    edited June 2022
    The toughest sportive they reckon, harder than the Marmotte.
    Yeah, 16 is good for that distance and the amount of climbing.
  • pinno
    50 cycling miles is equivalent to a half marathon apparently.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

50 cycling miles is equivalent to a half marathon apparently.

Feels about right