sunday sipping pastis

'ning

temperature plummeted back to typical summer of disappointment level, perhaps it will stay dry a few hours though

ride, cafes, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'Ning

No plans for today :smile: might do some of that resting that the physio has told me to do.
    Weather looks ok, no rain forecast here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Another good lie in had, can't afford to waste these weekend mornings :smile: Usual weekend routing plus having our Ukrainian friend round for a cuppa later - moving in has been deferred as local council hasn't pulled their finger out...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Chilled day resting sore foot, perhaps shouldn’t have run yesterday but oh well. Race went well and for the running geeks really consistent GAP pace

Today is tidy up after last nights party and probably the pub
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Usual dad's day stuff expected from the lads. Sadly no chance off pig based breakfast in bed as their both snoring.

Cook it yourself you lazy git.
    Anyhoo, as soon as the bacon smells rise, they'll turn up.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Jings, crivvens and help ma sel', I'm feeling tired this morning. I wonder why? Been a busy week. Last day of packing Stuff, the residuals, see if will all fit in the car; return the hire van; do my initial clean ahead of the pros doing the deep clean.

When was the last time I had an opp for a pootle on a bike? Seems a long while back...
  • pinno
    edited June 2022
    April showers.

Will be going to the circus.
    Will see Micha (from same circus). He stopped me a mile from home 'cos he had a loose left crank arm and asked if I could help.
    Got home and found the daftest, shittyest, over engineered Japanese stuff on it. 2 (2?! crank arms bolts. What a faff.
    Campag - 1 bolt that keeps the whole thing together and would, if you had a press fit BB, keep the press fit BB in place at between 46 and 52nm. (Never needed to tighten to 52. Always done 46nm).
    Then discovered the right lever was loose... and a brake pad at a slight tangent... and a loose pedal... and black bar tape in various places around the frame to [in Eastern European accent] 'protect frame'!
    Frame was Eusebi(?). Never heard of it.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

OH is now taking me for some lunch to try and make amends.

Don't worry - we had pancakes for lunch.
    I made them!

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Car park from the local pub

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Menacing look about that tractor.

Up, mint tea, bowl of cherries and greek yoghurt, crossword, dog walk, lunch with mini and Mrs B³, walk back, loafing, reading father's day gift of a book on the history of science, whilst wearing some very nice gifted socks, watch rain fall, at least I don't have to water everything.

Wfw tomorrow, then playing it by ear, as everyone else will be disrupted by the tube strikes, which might also mean every spoon with a rusty old bike will be on the road, or driving.
  • pinno
    edited June 2022

That's only a baby tractor.
    I mean, most are huge and in days of old, I used to draft them at 20mph but now they go 40 plus and it has to be a tailwind or slight downhill with a 150m sprint to get in the draught.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    pinno said:

That's only a baby tractor.
    I mean, most are huge and in days of old, I used to draft them at 20mph but now they go 40 plus and it has to be a tailwind or slight downhill with a 150m sprint to get in the draught.

Are you sure it’s the tractors that have got faster? 😉
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי