saturday has a whiff of brimstone

'ning

warm start

ride, cafes, bask if sunny, laze, bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Where has the weather gone 🥲 I fair better in the heat than most so would have been good to run todays race in it.

Later was meant to be a bbq with friends, think it probably end up a sit down meal
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Moaning all,

Lovely day yesterday apart from the wind, defiantly my sort of weather.

Good luck tlw. Today is much cooler and rain this afternoon is forecast so may have to shelter in the pub and watch the rugby, as no four letter word today.
    Let’s hope summer returns soooooon
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    'wife' ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited June 2022
    Meh cloudy grey less wind.

Sun made an appearance yesterday at 9.56pm for 2 or 3 mins before slipping below the horizon.
    Which I find strange 'cos the Sun hasn't actually moved for a few billion years [sic*]...

[Cake stop pedant indemnity:
    *Yes, I know we are probably in the Blue shift and the whole solar system is moving so, 'the sun hasn't moved in relation to us'.]

Right, i'll send that off to SG for editing before final submission.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    pinno said:

Sun made an appearance yesterday at 9.56pm for 2 or 3 mins before slipping below the horizon.
    Which I find strange 'cos the Sun hasn't actually moved for a few billion years [sic*]...

*Yes, I know we are probably in the Blue shift and the whole solar system is moving so, 'the sun hasn't moved in relation to us'.]

pauli is often quoted as having said, "this isn't right. this isn't even wrong"

:smiley:
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,479
    edited June 2022
    Warm here but the sun just disappeared a few minutes ago. New blackout blinds are great, no waking up at stupid o'clock with loads of light coming in any more.

Hounds have exhausted themselves chasing squirrels, pigeons and each other in the garden, so no need to walk them. Will crack on with a few jobs then maybe a bike ride later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Muggy. Just back from dog walk. Will "ride" in fan assisted air conditioned room. Was boiled alive riding home in 30° yesterday into an annoying headwind. I'll go out on the real bike tomorrow when it's cooler.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

pauli is often quoted as having said, "this isn't right. this isn't even wrong"

:smiley:
    Top bollox surely.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    'ning

Just back from a bbq with other strange people who like sitting on barren mountain tops talking to strangers on radios.
    Obviously it rained for the BBQ and stopped shortly after.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Just back from a bbq with other strange people who like sitting on barren mountain tops talking to strangers on radios.

Did you sit some distance apart and still chat over radio?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146

thistle_ said:

'ning

Did you sit some distance apart and still chat over radio?
    :smiley: No, but we would have been sat in cars hiding from the rain and doing that if there wasn't a gazebo to shelter under.