wednesday pineapples do the charleston

'ning

summery days continue

ride, cafes, wfh, bask, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Hobble around the woods with the hounds, work stuff and a couple more hobbles with hounds.

Then fun bike and general pub avoidance.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    Moaning,

Glad you’re alright oxo you did the right thing, going mad at the traffic lights, more of us need to do this. Make the plonkers think and not ignore us.

WFW shortly, just enjoying a cuppa. Sun and cloud out right now, thermometer reads higher than it feels though, but hey I'm not complaining, I'll save that for the weekend
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Not me guv, we have a hire van.

Busy day yesterday so surprised been awake since 5. Finish emptying the first load, set up a few appliances, sort out a little of the piles of Stuff before departing dahn saff again, into the subtropical zone.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'Ning

WFH/G

That's it :disappointed:
    Need to do some food shopping but it will probably be using the car.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,411
    tlw1 said:

Hobble around the woods with the hounds, work stuff and a couple more hobbles with hounds.

Sounds vaguely familiar...

On the way into town to enjoy free coffee and air conditioning while the Mrs supervises the workmen who are finishing installing the new boiler.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    Lovely morning ruined by some silly sod wobbling in front of me then going ballistic at the traffic lights after I saved his life by swerving to avoid him! Jeez, some people.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,398
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

On the way into town to enjoy free coffee and air conditioning while the Mrs supervises the workmen who are finishing installing the new boiler.
    Have you not managed to commute by bike yet?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    oxoman said:

Morning all. WFW. Wonderful bright sunny morning today and some barsteward has spoilt it already. Idiot in a van nearly cleaned me up, and wonders why I went mad at him when I caught him at traffic lights. He's now 💩 himself as to whether I grass him up to his boss as company name all over the van.🤔. Have a safe day all.

Grass him up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Sunny

Beans was MIA last night. Went to bed at 1am not knowing where he was and he turned up this morning. Little sod.
  • pinno
    Oh; will pedal. it's perfect pedalling weather.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Sunny

Beans was MIA last night. Went to bed at 1am not knowing where he was and he turned up this morning. Little sod.

Teenagers eh
  • thistle_
    Just caught the white cat in the garden starting a fight with the black cat.
    Neither live here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    TDV flew out again today, running around after bambina, loving every minute of hanging with her before heading to work and starting to sort things out before heading away
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    edited June 2022
    thistle_ said:

Neither live here.

Great entertainment though.

Once on the can/oil collection in an urban street, there were 2 cats in the middle of the road having a noisy, hair on end, ears back, snarly faced stand off. We stopped - they ignored us. They fought and then it got a little bit rough so I scushed my water bottle at them to split them up. In the meantime, a queue of vehicles built up. I pulled over 50 yds away and was getting screwy looks and gesticulations pointed at me.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Sunny

Teenagers eh
    This ^.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Work, a few meetings, pack, early night.
    Nice and sunny though, shame a ride isn't going to happen.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Have you not managed to commute by bike yet?
    Not yet, managed an hour on the weekend but progress really slow. Am back onto BUPA about getting a scan as it should have sorted itself by now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Neither live here.

Get a dog, usually solves the problem.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Neither live here.

The neighbours' dog was too scared to near anything, it would just stand in the doorway barking and being ignored by the cats/foxes/pigeons/humans.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2022
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Neither live here.

The neighbours' dog was too scared to near anything, it would just stand in the doorway barking and being ignored by the cats/foxes/pigeons/humans.
    Ours have definitely relegated the local cats and foxes to out of hours visits. One of them escaped through two garden fences going after a fox scent the other week - he was then spotted in hot pursuit of a fox in the big garden past the end of ours, the only thing missing was a load of blokes in red tunics riding horses. We got him back after about 45 minutes after the fox had been awol for a while and he got bored.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Grey start, showers again.

Ventured out for lunch, and to collect a replacement heated towel rail. Old one making a lot of ticking noises in the thermostat, and deciding it would bypass its own power switch. Decided risk of burning the house down was not worth it, so shiny new one now installed.

Currently studying the differences between facetectomy, foramenotomy, and pediculectomy for future reference.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    I'm now an expert in Facetectomy as I've just googled it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Is this something we should avoid googling, like blue waffles?
  • MattFalle

You only become an expert if you've watched you tube videos on it
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Blue waffles.

Now thats something i haven't heard of in a while.

Top shout that man.

They're up there with boob and tummy cheese
  • homers_double
    Stevo_666 said:

That's a legitimate search, if you have a serious vaginal infection...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    Nothing a wire brush and paraffin won't sort out.
  • pinno
    Blue waffles.
    That's a new one on me.
  • MattFalle
    And tummy/boob cheese isn't?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

That's a legitimate search, if you have a serious vaginal infection...
    It is, but not at work. Especially if you search for images...hopefully nobody did that o:)