Very good customer service from Wahoo.

Hello.

I don't work for Wahoo but i must say I was very impressed with the support they gave me last week.

My Elemnt Bolt version 1 let some water in on a ride and went a bit haywire after 18 months. Annoying but oh well.

I contacted Wahoo and after a few e-mails explaining what happened they said they would replace it under warranty. They sent a courier to my work place to pick it up Thursday, said they had ordered the replacement Friday and on Saturday a brand new Bolt version 2 arrived!
Very helpful and super speedy! I'm a Happy bunny :-)
Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
2013 Trek 1.2
1982 Holdsworth Elan.

Comments

• Wahoo standard warranty is 2 years against manufacturing defects ,
  • spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324
    Yeah, I`ve dealt with them too and they`ve been excellent! :)
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 112
    I had a tickr, strap went after less than a year, I got a replacement free. Few weeks from two year period it went again. They sent me a tickr x completely free of charge, didn't even ask for a photo of the strap. The tickr x is still in the box but still. Garmin are a disaster imo
  • I've had very good service from Wahoo also with failing HR straps. Had three replaced to date and they've never quibbled about it. Just a straight replacement.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,919
    Wahoo service has been exemplary as far as I'm concerned.

Our 2018 Kickr suddenly started making a horrific noise as soon as the flywheel moved, this was a couple of months after the 2year warranty had expired. Emailed them to see what I could to fix it and they just said "We'll send you out a refurbished one. Still that one back in a the box and return"

Happy camper, and at some point when I'm looking for a new trainer they'll keep my business.
  • Their warranty/ support service is very good, I'd have to agree. But.....I think they realise it HAS to be, because I think although they make some very good products, their failure rate is pretty high.

It took me x2 Bolts before the third one I received was OK, and more recently that one has had issues so they sent me another v1 (so my fourth in as many years). I also had a Tickr strap that failed on the first ride, but I straight returned that and got a Garmin HRM strap.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844

Their warranty/ support service is very good, I'd have to agree. But.....I think they realise it HAS to be, because I think although they make some very good products, their failure rate is pretty high.

It took me x2 Bolts before the third one I received was OK, and more recently that one has had issues so they sent me another v1 (so my fourth in as many years). I also had a Tickr strap that failed on the first ride, but I straight returned that and got a Garmin HRM strap.

Clearly a good sample set against which to make accurate statements!
  • navrig2 said:

Their warranty/ support service is very good, I'd have to agree. But.....I think they realise it HAS to be, because I think although they make some very good products, their failure rate is pretty high.

Clearly a good sample set against which to make accurate statements!
    I don't know anyone who hasn't had to send a Wahoo product back at least once. That's my sample set. As I say, great products and great after sales, but....
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited June 2022
    I've said for ages that wahoo have gone backwards in its products, reliability wise. As they've grown as a company they seem to have developed similar traits of a certain competitor, ie releasing products before they are ready, ignoring reported software issues, and having devices which tend to fail quite quickly after the warranty period expires.

Granted this is only my opinion based on my own experience - every wahoo device i have owned has failed - yet I'm still using their products because they do perform well when a device does fail, and so far I'm yet to find an alternative which offers the same features, with better reliability and customer service.
  • Wahoo I don't think have went backwards they are just getting more units out in the space.
    I always laugh at thecWahoo / Garmin is best.
    It's apples and oranges as Garmin with millions more products out there will have more issues
    It's just a normal fail rate of more units sold