monday eating a pineapple under the bodhi tree

'ning

finally warming up, must clear out gmc calendar to avoid clashing with sunny days

ride, cafe, nip into gmc, bail, cafe, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning, today is make most of the catering division as she is away tomorrow until Friday. Normally that would entail supporting the local pub but trying to have a dry week 🙄

Later is empty the van after a good weekend away, a gentle run and clean some cars
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    I'll be filling the van today, emptying it tomorrow. Off to pick up the hire van soon. Will be a busy busy week.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    Weather is meh. April showers. We had April showers in April then May now June.

To quote Tricky "I dunno wos goin' on".

Beans is beside himself as the field is full of cows. He's not a happy bunny.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    On train again, meeting with the boss beckons but nothing controversial. Junior has started her unpaid work experience on a pig farm so anyone not enjoying their job, spare a thought.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

I'll be filling the van today, emptying it tomorrow. Off to pick up the hire van soon. Will be a busy busy week.

Loon, have you heard of this new fangled thing called a 'removal company'? Have heard they can make moving house quite easy and quick ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Stevo_666 said:

Junior has started her unpaid work experience on a pig farm so anyone not enjoying their job, spare a thought.

Sounds pretty fun to be honest.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    Stevo_666 said:

On train again, meeting with the boss beckons but nothing controversial. Junior has started her unpaid work experience on a pig farm so anyone not enjoying their job, spare a thought.

soon she'll be bringing home the bacon
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Happy as a pig in 5hit
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    edited June 2022
    Oh, err, an update...

No ride, no cafe, no bubbly (although I did drop a box of Becks so that will be quite lively when opened), packing for Thursday silly o'clock flight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

soon she'll be bringing home the bacon
    Good point, I'll put in a special request for some payment in kind.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Junior has started her unpaid work experience on a pig farm so anyone not enjoying their job, spare a thought.

Sounds pretty fun to be honest.
    Not so sure, as it doesn't involve eating them...I guess she'll tell us soon enough.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Third trip to East Grinstead in two weeks done (MiL had a skin tumour on top of her head that got cut off followed by a skin graft - dressing clinic today).

Had a discussion with my 2ic at the beginning of last week. Seems sorted for now, until the next time that he massively oversteps his authority. Creativity week this week so bollocks all to do today, busy day tomorrow, DofE assessments to carry out on Wednesday and Thursday. Puppy is almost kind of sleeping for a big chunk of the night but my word, he can be a proper devil when he wants to be.

Other than that, dead uncle’s house clearance is dragging on but I think I’ve convinced Mrs GTi to pay someone to basically do what’s left.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    WFW again today, reasonably quiet in the orifice at least. Working on a pig farm? There may be as much sh!t as we have around here. Trying to keep on top of things before fookin' off on Friday, don't want to leave too much mess for the beautiful assistant.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Nice sunny start on the bicycle.

Wfw. Not much more to say on a Monday. Will get a couple of days wfh this week though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Big van loaded to the max, brother off with it. Rumblewagon loaded with Stuff that pikeys won't nick, with Stuff that they might chain padlocked. We did a good job today, house seems empty now. Just this sofa I'm sitting on plus a few furniture items, then garage 'n' garden bits for the 2nd fill 'n' go later in week. Plus bikes of course.

Couple cold beers, early night then v early (for me) start.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2022
    johngti said:

Morning. Third trip to East Grinstead in two weeks done (MiL had a skin tumour on top of her head that got cut off followed by a skin graft - dressing clinic today).

Had a discussion with my 2ic at the beginning of last week. Seems sorted for now, until the next time that he massively oversteps his authority. Creativity week this week so bollocks all to do today, busy day tomorrow, DofE assessments to carry out on Wednesday and Thursday. Puppy is almost kind of sleeping for a big chunk of the night but my word, he can be a proper devil when he wants to be.

Other than that, dead uncle’s house clearance is dragging on but I think I’ve convinced Mrs GTi to pay someone to basically do what’s left.

Cockapoos are pretty boisterous as pups in our experience. First one had me looking like a junkie with all the teeth marks in my forearms and ankles until we taught him not to bite. Second one was the Duracell bunny and just didn't stop until he dropped. They calm down a bit after a couple of years :smile:
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Cockapoos are pretty boisterous as pups in our experience. First one had me looking like a junkie with all the teeth marks in my forearms and ankles until we taught him not to bite. Second one was the Duracell bunny and just didn't stop until he dropped. They calm down a bit after a couple of years :smile:
    He’s nibbled on Mrs GTi a bit but not me. However, a couple of years…??!? Oh dear 😅

When he’s relatively calm, he’s a lovely lad though.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    johngti said:

Had a discussion with my 2ic at the beginning of last week. Seems sorted for now, until the next time that he massively oversteps his authority.

Good to hest John G-T.

If you need an MF sending round to remind him of his place in the set up just shout.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

He’s nibbled on Mrs GTi a bit but not me. However, a couple of years…??!? Oh dear 😅

Yep; my Spaniel was the puppy from hell. I was that > < close to asking for my money back and sending him home. He chewed everything, he whined when left for 2 minutes and then there was the incessant barking... Oh, and the time i took him out all day in a bid to wear him out because I knew he was going to be in the house for most of the next day with Squidgy the cat and the two of them were like crooks*.
    He crashed at about 9pm. I though 'damn, i've killed him'.
    6am he was nudging my elbow.

*Squidgy learnt that this stupid animal would chew stuff she knocked off the counter. I guess he was light entertainment.
    But together they were excellent thieves. She would get into a cupboard and he would eat the whatever. And I mean 'whatever' - from bags of flour to vegetables. Sometimes the result of his misdemeanours would be revealed when regurgitated.

However, at 3, he was a star.

• Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Patience, young Jedi :smile: Our younger one is 3 now but still a borderline nutter, although in a nicer sort of way now.
  • johngti
    @pinno and @Stevo_666 - there’s signs of him being awesome. Mrs GTi is seriously worried about his biting though, especially since he nips at GTi junior quite a lot. But it’s only when he’s playing and the adrenaline goes mad. The rest of the time our problem is stones and twigs!

He’s in his playpen now, hopefully sleeping. I’m going to give him another 5-10 minutes and then I’ll try to sneak off to bed with the hope of getting 4-5 hours sleep
  • pinno
    edited June 2022
    Squidgy:

1993-1997 RIP

She looked in rough shape here. Riddled with fleas, worms and had cat flu.

• pinno
    edited June 2022
    Brutus:

1993 - 2009 RIP
  • pinno
    Rotated pic 180 deg and it posted upside down. Rotated it 180 again and it posted... upside down?!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    look, even brutus can do it...

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Witchcraft!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Indeed.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Rotated pic 180 deg and it posted upside down. Rotated it 180 again and it posted... upside down?!

Should have just told us he was an Australian Spaniel.