Ritchey Logic Components

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
Does anyone know if Richey Logic components are available in the UK anymore, more and more Richey kit especially carbon handlebars are becoming extremely rare! On their website, they say due to Brexit that they can no longer ship products from their EU distribution centre in Switzerland. Also, their UK distributor ZyroFisher seems to not have the Richey brand listed anymore, according to Chain Reaction there are stopped distributing.....what is going on here? Ritchey is one of largest component bike manufacturers in the world along with Deda, 3T etc.....this is simply crazy if true! Such a disappointment, I have used Richey for 3 decades! Especially on my MTB's..........What next for the UK! Guttered. I can order from EU, but this will cost me a lot with duties, VAT etc.....bonkers!

Comments

• canoas
    To follow this up, I telephoned 5 online well known UK websites, all say the same thing. Can't get Richey any more!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Brexit eh......

But at least there's blue passports.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622
    Bike24.com ship to the UK.

Not all products (not clear if this is just because they don't ship them anywhere or if it is just a UK thing) but you might find you can get them direct from the US is you want a part badly enough.
  • canoas
    Yes bike24 do but with custom & VAT duties, looking for UK seller to avoid unnecessary extra costs.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622
    canoas said:

Yes bike24 do but with custom & VAT duties, looking for UK seller to avoid unnecessary extra costs.

You can't have everything.
  • canoas
    I just want to be normal, like EU, Canada, US, Australia, NZ etc where from looking at some of their websites you buy the entire Richey range without issues if you live in one of these countries, you live in Canada you buy from a Canadian retailer etc etc . They are normal, we ant!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    edited June 2022
    the uk is far from normal.

@canoas have you tried Bikester?
    I have shopped with them, and had zero additional charges/fees etc to my door, two orders placed in the last 12 months.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • canoas
    daniel_b said:

the uk is far from normal.

@canoas have you tried Bikester?
    I have shopped with them, and had zero additional charges/fees etc to my door, two orders placed in the last 12 months.

I have heard about Bikester not been charged, I could risk it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    edited June 2022
    The EU isn't getting better service than the UK. According to Ritchey themselves.
    "Purchases on European countries are temporarily disabled. The service will be resumed as soon as possible."

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    canoas said:

I just want to be normal, like EU, Canada, US, Australia, NZ etc where from looking at some of their websites you buy the entire Richey range without issues if you live in one of these countries, you live in Canada you buy from a Canadian retailer etc etc . They are normal, we ant!

People shouldn't have voted Conservative/leave then, should they?

#reap/sow
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    At no point post-referendum did Labour ever come out and say they would not support the leave vote and choose to remain in the EU. They would have been risking 50% of the vote in a general election if they had.
  • canoas
    pblakeney said:

The EU isn't getting better service than the UK. According to Ritchey themselves.
    "Purchases on European countries are temporarily disabled. The service will be resumed as soon as possible."

I contacted Richey yesterday, this is not due to low stock. Richey are launching a new online shop. I have looked at a number of EU bike online sites and Richey is everywhere!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,728
    canoas said:

pblakeney said:

I contacted Richey yesterday, this is not due to low stock. Richey are launching a new online shop. I have looked at a number of EU bike online sites and Richey is everywhere!
    Well, what can I say? That quote and screenshot is from Ritchey's website.
    If they don't know what's going on what chance do we have?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • canoas
    Without moaning too much, since this silly referendum, which either you voted, it's just been one big pain in my bottom for bike kit especially! I just can't see things getting "normal" like other countries. There is a global shortage for all goods but you just seemed to get completely ripped off by the UK government here and there is really a major storage of goods in the UK, a mate of mine flew to Italy to get a new bike recently A) because it was £4K extra here in the UK with a 6 month waiting list and he just flew to Trevisio dumped an old broken bike from his bike bag, brought his new bike waiting for him, rode around on his new bike for a 2 days to dirty it a little, flew back to the UK and saved a bundle! Is it really getting that desperate? maybe I should fly to the EU to get my carbon handlebars!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    canoas said:

Without moaning too much, since this silly referendum, which either you voted, it's just been one big pain in my bottom for bike kit especially! I just can't see things getting "normal" like other countries.

I've just ordered a Frame and bike components from the UK due to price and availability in France.

Maybe a bit less hysteria would help?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • chaymck
    chaymck Posts: 157
    Try woods

https://www.thewoodscyclery.co.uk/

They were excellent for some recent Ritchey purchases.