'ning

not quite as mild, but nor is it nippy

ride up and down many times, cafes, cdd mountains and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Planned to go up a couple of mountains today but 2 of the 3 forecasts say rain, all say 50 ish mph winds with associated windchill so sacked off that plan.

Probably for the best anyway after a last minute decision to do the local time trial last night which left my knee feeling like a balloon.

Plan b already knocked on the head due to weather forecast so looking for a plan c.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Weather is pants. Windy, rainy sunny repeat.

So that leaves little to do bar stripping an old alu Pinarello frame and watching cdd.
    Which is all well and good because i've been busy and haven't had a chance so if someone could fill me in with a precis of the action thus far, I would be very grateful.
    Beans would be too 'cos he could sit on my lap and we could watch it together.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Bright but breezy. Walk dogs, tip trip with latest lot of garden stuff and packaging, then maybe a bike ride later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

...and watching cdd.
    Which is all well and good because i've been busy and haven't had a chance so if someone could fill me in with a precis of the action thus far...

Just watch the back episodes on the Player, they have Wittermouth plus Smith on comms so lots of useful info to be gleaned.

Womens Tour pootles past here early afternoon. Will 'ave a gander. Welcome distraction from The Big Pack.

New mowtah has a towbar. Hadn't used my towbar attach bike carrier for 9 years plus since the Saab estate was retired to the knackers yard. Cool. Not so cool is realising the keys had got consigned to the dustbin of history along with a random collection of such. Think I can work out the code number, replacement ordered, will I be lucky?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    pinno said:

So that leaves little to do bar stripping an old alu Pinarello frame and watching cdd.
    Which is all well and good because i've been busy and haven't had a chance so if someone could fill me in with a precis of the action thus far, I would be very grateful.

stage six last km is worth a watch, plus the winner interview and on the podium, he was so happy when he won, delightful
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

stage six last km is worth a watch, plus the winner interview and on the podium, he was so happy when he won, delightful
    Ta.

I do like the riders who express enthusiasm and are outwardly happy rather than the automatronamatrix Pog's and Rog's.

Dylan Theuns comes to mind and that effusive and sparkly Anna Marie Wurst.
    Who was the vary pale Australian tour rookie that took a couple of stages in the Vuelta(?) ? He was like a rabbit in the headlights and there was something quite endearing about that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed. This was followed by sorting clothes for holiday, needs to be done before daughter gets home apparently as there won't be any room after. Given that my packing is the easiest and takes the least amount of time and space this seemed like an odd thing. But I know better than to question the logic and went along with it in the interest of a quiet life.
    Might potter a little before going to get aforementioned daughter.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Afternoon folks, traditional slow start was enjoyed. This was followed by sorting clothes for holiday, needs to be done before daughter gets home apparently as there won't be any room after. Given that my packing is the easiest and takes the least amount of time and space this seemed like an odd thing. But I know better than to question the logic and went along with it in the interest of a quiet life.

Where are you off to V?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    seanoconn said:

Where are you off to V?
    Round the back of Greggs. 9pm.
  • veronese68
    edited June 2022
    seanoconn said:

Where are you off to V?
    Tuscany, usual area but a different house this time. Driving down on Friday, via the back of Gregg's..
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Where are you off to V?
    Tuscany, usual area but a different house this time. Driving down on Friday, via the back of Gregg's..
    Have a great time. Eat and drink loads.
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

seanoconn said:

Where are you off to V?
    Round the back of Greggs. 9pm.
    You make it sound sordid
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Where are you off to V?
    Have a great time. Eat and drink loads.
    At Gregg's 😂
  • pinno
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

Ta.

I do like the riders who express enthusiasm and are outwardly happy rather than the automatronamatrix Pog's and Rog's.

Dylan Theuns comes to mind and that effusive and sparkly Anna Marie Wurst.
    Who was the vary pale Australian tour rookie that took a couple of stages in the Vuelta(?) ? He was like a rabbit in the headlights and there was something quite endearing about that.
    Micheal Storer