mild start

ride and cafes, smidge of wfh, bail and bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    [Beans just farted. Holy moly]

https://c.tenor.com/ZY20qdo9d5wAAAAM/kitten-cute.gif

Catherine's special needs sports day today. Could be a giggle.
    She already knows what place she'll come in of the 4 categories having remembered her placing in trials.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good luck in sports day, hope you get to race in the parents race Pinno. Only got beaten once by a professional footballer so will take that.

Late start as overslept, which is good in advance of Friday beers.

Just need to do work stuff too and decide what exercise later or actually take a rest day
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Good luck in sports day, hope you get to race in the parents race Pinno.

Have you seen me trying to run?! It's like one of those string puppets.
    No, Mrs P will enter and i'll get bloody good odds on her.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited June 2022
    Sounds like a good laugh.

Junior has departed for a few days of horse related fun followed by a week at a pig farm, so peace reigns fro a bit. Looks like our Ukrainian house guest will be landing the weekend after next so will be interesting. In the office for now - very quiet indeed as most people in this place are TW@Ts (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    WFW, Gym, WFH. The latter refreshed by Becks.
    Need to plot a route for a short ride tomorrow but will no doubt end up on a familiar local loop instead.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    That's my final regular volunteering sesh done with the Friday workgroup. Been fun times with them. And 'kin hard work oftentimes. Pretty fried now after today's day in the sun, cutting back, thistle (not that one) pulling and scything at the new ponds where we planted loads of trees last autumn. Enjoyed my last day; might be able to do an odd one again in the future if I schedule my southern trips correctly.

So, cold beer... where are you?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Sat in a boring virtual meeting that is a complete waste of my time, I just pipe up occasionally so it looks like I'm paying attention. Got lots of other stuff to be doing of course. Not long and I'll be off for a drink with the EPO... oh, good that's the meeting over.
    Ha! Just had a message from a colleague that had cried off the meeting as he had to go to his kid's school for a meeting. He's already in a pub. The utterbastard!
    Off to get the female child back from uni tomorrow, not going until the evening as it's also an open day for prospective students. Thankfully Brighton is a lot nearer than somewhere like Liverpool.
    Did Mrs P win any prizes at the sports day? Hope it went well.
    Roll on the weekend...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Off to get the female child back from uni tomorrow, not going until the evening as it's also an open day for prospective students. Thankfully Brighton is a lot nearer than somewhere like Liverpool.

Yeah, but you won't get the excitement of having to look after your own car like I did in Liverpool last week. I did a good job as I left with the same number of wheels as I arrived with, so I paid myself a fiver. It was also a good excuse to get junior to bring most of her stuff out of the flat :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Ride, wfw, ride, wfh.

Looks to be set fair for a while.

Looking forward to a good sleep. Been on the sofa bed a week to avoid Mrs B³'s manky lurgy.

Tired.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Afternoon folks,
    Sat in a boring virtual meeting that is a complete waste of my time, I just pipe up occasionally so it looks like I'm paying attention.

Camera off. Zwift.
  • pinno

Roll on the weekend...

Rain stopped play.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    pinno said:

Roll on the weekend...

Rain stopped play.

Boo, that's no fun