Strawberry

Just eaten a bunch of fresh "strawby" less than 5min after I picked them up in my garden.

Taste mindblowing absolutely fantastic.

If you haven't had this luxury you just can't even imagine...

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,608
    I had more than my fill when I was employed to pick them as a teenager.
    The novelty wears off. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,463
    Not in the UK surely? Mine always seem to ripen when I'm away for a week and get pilfered by squirrels/slugs.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Someone at work (UK) said they've got some in their garden and they're huge this year but not quite ripe yet.

Not sure if this is normal time for them or if the weather's been good for them.
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    UK crop usually in production under polythene well in time for Wimbledon. I have some in the garden which are just starting to colour. Must remember to net the things before the birds get them
  • Massive crop at home currently and they are super good - Elsanta variety as well as a great crop of raspberries coming.

I also pot the runners every year and pass them around the rest of the estate as free plants for others to enjoy. Nothing better than strawberries straight from the garden.
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 138
    Wild strawberries are even better than garden ones... tiny, but seem to have the same amount of flavour as a big 'un packed in :)