Carnac shoe sizing

me-109
me-109 Posts: 1,915
edited June 2022 in Road buying advice
Quite fancy a pair of those Carnac Baroudeur shoes from P-X, but wonder how people find the fit? Had some Carnacs way-back-when and I think they were true to size with day shoes, but that may have changed.
I'm a 42 in day shoes, but a 43 1/3 in Mavics, my preferred cycling shoe. I've a 43 Shimano winter boot that is spacious even with thick socks, but a 42 in their road shoe was too short.
Any got these or similar Carnacs to offer some sizing advice?

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Its undoubtedly the same shoe as the Prove - a single dial Barouder - but I bought a pair of these for £9.99 from P/X a few weeks ago as turbo trainer shoes and they are, bizarrely, utterly mega. Would deffo buy again if the price dropped by, say, £10/15.

The Boa style thang is actually a billion times better than a Boa. Slicker, easier to use, a thousand times easier to release than a Boa.

I normally take a 9 1/2 but these are a 9 and fit perfect so I'd hazard size down for Barouder.

Quite a narrow fit as well, so good for me but maybe not you?

V v v recommended if you can get them at a mega price which £9.99 was a total bargain.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Planet X
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2022

And as you're you're a Mavic man, my Mavics that fit perfect to compare.

Can do you Giro and other Mavics as well if you want.

• me-109
    Thanks MF. Quite a size difference between those and the Mavics. A tenner makes them a bargain. Handy to know too as my old Mavics became my trainer shoe and at some point they'll rot or start stinking. :/
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2022
    No worries dude pleasure to help anytime.

I've posted below weights piccies as well.

Tbh, at a tenner, yup, utter bargain, £60 - hmmmm, not so much.

The ones you want may well be on a deal over yhe next few weeks do worth keeping an eye out.

• MattFalle

• me-109
    Weight isn't a primary concern for me although it's good to know they are not diving boots.
    Haven't seen them cheaper since released, but currently 15% off. £85 for something I don't really need but quite like the look of .... hmm?!
  • MattFalle
    Worth a punt overall tbh - order them down, if you like them and they tick all the boxes then its groovy gravy bananarama sauce but for c.£80 i'd look for a pair of dainty gorgeous silly beautiful Mavics like my white ones.

Can you get a mate to sign up for their newsletter and get an extra fiver off then get him/her to order them?
  • me-109
    Well I went for a 42 but they're going back. Big toes are touching the ends when up on your toes/balls. 43 may be too big but not spending another tenner postage if no good. Not that slim, I thought, but not particularly wide. I thought the toe box was broader than Mavic, more like Shimano I tried a good while ago.
    The shoes look decent enough with neat stitching and internal finishing. The only downside was the outer sole looked a bit butchered where they fitted the rubber heel.