wednesday emitting excess neutrinos

'ning

roads soggy

stroll, cafes, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Shoot hotel sleep, planned longish run with pal off as meeting towards Birmingham cancelled so might as well do an easy run along the flat seafront.

Hopefully get away at a reasonable time though nothing planned later other than a fast drive over some loverly Welsh roads
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Roads dried out by the time I got on them, though I did put on some arm warmers. I'm sure traffic has got worse than before the great plague, or maybe it's just that there's a few sets of roadworks on my route which makes it seem that way.

Wfw all week, with a couple of early darts.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Roads dried out by the time I got on them, though I did put on some arm warmers. I'm sure traffic has got worse than before the great plague, or maybe it's just that there's a few sets of roadworks on my route which makes it seem that way.

Fortunate not to have to commute to the city or across the river but just Wimbledon.

Speaking of which Mr Sprout, a word if I may. The most lethal road of my commute is a certain quiet drop off road for a private girls school. Massive SUV’s trying to do u-turns, driven by people who have seemingly never driven before. Various car doors shooting open suddenly and people spilling into the road without looking. It feels like the Indiana Jones temple escape!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    WFW, no gym today thought as my tummy muscles are in bits.
    More garden work tonight but progress is being made and now visible instead of just moving dirt around.
    Prep bike for early morning ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Fortunate not to have to commute to the city or across the river but just Wimbledon.

Speaking of which Mr Sprout, a word if I may. The most lethal road of my commute is a certain quiet drop off road for a private girls school. Massive SUV’s trying to do u-turns, driven by people who have seemingly never driven before. Various car doors shooting open suddenly and people spilling into the road without looking. It feels like the Indiana Jones temple escape!
    Oooh, I wonder if I've seen you along there. There's normally a few cyclists - and I sometimes picked up mini from school straight from work on my bike in autumn - though she made me wait outside due to the embarassment of father in lycra.

She scoots to and from school, so it's not my massive SUV trying to murder you. There are a lot of them though, but the school try their hardest to discourage the u-turning - we get an email every week reminding us not to - though obviously that isn't working.

I suppose it depends on where you're trying to get to in Wimbledon, but I just go straight on or right at the mini roundabout and mix with the traffic - safer than that road at school drop off or pick up time.
  • seanoconn
    How to you get out of the dead end road without u-turns? 🤔
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Wtf is this, communting chat?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit cloudy and meh but mild and the wind is picking up.

Ho hum.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437

my experience is that a lot of people switched to driving instead of using public transport during plague time, some still haven't switched back

probably will continue, especially with electrics exempt from cc and with greatly reduced/free parking charges etc., last time i went to the dentist, harley street was lined with taycans, e-trons etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • beansnikpoh
    edited June 2022
    seanoconn said:

You can turn left into the dead end road off Wimbledon Hill Road. Drop off and leave with no u-turn.
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

You can turn left into the dead end road off Wimbledon Hill Road. Drop off and leave with no u-turn.
    So there Seano.
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

That did occur to me but seems a bit over the top by the school to insist on that route 🤷‍♂️
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

So there Seano.
    Shut up
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Busy morning back in the office. Jjust finished last lot of meetings, now got lunch to chomp through before round 2. Work Summer party later which is really to replace the Xmas party which was cancelled due to Covid stuff. A spot of free drink can't hurt.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

That did occur to me but seems a bit over the top by the school to insist on that route 🤷‍♂️
    I expect they get moaned at on a daily basis by residents because of the massive SUVs using their drives to U turn round.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

So there Seano.
    Shut up
    Na na na na na.

• seanoconn
    edited June 2022

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

I expect they get moaned at on a daily basis by residents because of the massive SUVs using their drives to U turn round.
    People in the mansions of Wimbledon moaning!? Well I never. Fair play though. I wouldn’t like it.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

So there Seano.
    Shut up
    Na na na na na.

See you round the back of Greggs at 9pm!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of orifice based fun. Beer and curry last night was fun, learnt a few things going on here. Unfortunately they don't fill me with confidence. Good news from the wobble home was that old bike managed to climb hills without the gears slipping, bad news is it's fookin' hard work.
    The SUVs of London are truly terrifying, some of them at any rate. Haven't seen Mrs B³ driving that I'm aware of. It was an SUV door that broke the EPO's pelvis a while ago, the silly bint clearly didn't learn anything from it as she pulled out on a friend of mine the very next day.

...SUV trying to murder you. There are a lot of them though, but the school try their hardest to discourage the u-turning - we get an email every week reminding us not to - though obviously that isn't working.

The problem with these people is that they assume the emails don't apply to them, it's for everyone else. They need to start kneecapping the guilty parties, that'd stop them.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

my experience is that a lot of people switched to driving instead of using public transport during plague time, some still haven't switched back
    And that the trains they cancelled due to covid still aren't running again (around here at least).
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    I commuted 4 miles to work once as I was going for a proper ride afterwards, the thought of doing it daily scared me.
    If was commuting I'd most certainly take the partial off road route which is doable from home to work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

The problem with these people is that they assume the emails don't apply to them, it's for everyone else. They need to start kneecapping the guilty parties, that'd stop them.

Although they may never walk Penelope and Tarquin to school of you do that.
    Tar and feather 'em I say.

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

So there Seano.
    Shut up
    Na na na na na.

My big brother's going to get you and he's bigger than your big brother and you'll be sorry.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Although they may never walk Penelope and Tarquin to school of you do that.
    Tar and feather 'em I say.

Good point well made 👍
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

So there Seano.
    Shut up
    Na na na na na.

My big brother's going to get you and he's bigger than your big brother and you'll be sorry.
    I apologise for the whole unfortunate misunderstanding. Perhaps I could send you and your brother some flowers?

Had my arm broken as a 6 year old by the older brother of a boy I was picking on. 😔

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

Had my arm broken as a 6 year old by the older brother of a boy I was picking on. 😔

Well, that put an end to that malarkey.

[We don't want flowers, we want chocolate]

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Well, that put an end to that malarkey.

[We don't want flowers, we want chocolate]

Thanks very much for bringing back the traumatic memory. See you round the back of Greggs at 9pm!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    It's gone 9.30pm. How's the Greggs' bin slot looking?

A day of sorting Stuff. Select it. Pack it. Bin it. Put it in crate for charidee shop. Boring as F. But good uplift evening, go round to #1 daughter's place, cook up a thai style chicken, prawn, sweet pepper and chilli dish, couple glasses SB. And chill.

Rinse and repeat tomorrow, bar the thai style dish.
  • beansnikpoh
    Will you not miss the daughters? Is Pinno a suitable replacement?

Sorting stuff is good. I have a bookshelf, 3 prints, a few rags of clothing and old shoes and a bicycle with a box of tools and spares. It's everyone else who takes up the space.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

It's gone 9.30pm. How's the Greggs' bin slot looking?

Rained off.