Brake pads for Mavic wheels

Looking for some advice on what brake pads to buy for mavic cosmic carbon wheels. Will be fitted to a specialized allez with sora calipers. Can anyone send a link for what in need to buy ??

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Lifeline carbon specific from Wiggle or CRC.

Cheap as chips work as well as everything else.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
  • rwoofer
    rwoofer Posts: 222
    Cosmic carbons originally came with aluminium tracks so check which version you have first.
  • MattFalle
    If ali tracks then ali version of those pads above.
  • davebradswmb
    davebradswmb Posts: 461
    If ali tracks then Swissstop BXP, in my experience streets ahead of everything else I've tried, and that includes Lifeline. I don't have carbon rims so can't comment on them.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    I don't think Sora calipers use carriers for the standard pads so if you haven't already you may need to buy pad carriers/holders too.
  • MattFalle
    Again, totally no biggie.

Either just get the cheapest pads you can that come with carriers - probably a fiver or so - or just ask the dude at the LBS and they'll have some in the Big Box ofCrap in the work shop.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572
    eavesy31 said:

Looking for some advice on what brake pads to buy for mavic cosmic carbon wheels. Will be fitted to a specialized allez with sora calipers. Can anyone send a link for what in need to buy ??

They don't have the Exalith, or Exalith 2 braking surface do they?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • If they're new wheels, they should come with pads. I've got a pair of older Cosmic Elite 40's which came with Mavic branded yellow Swiss-Stop pads. Awful pads tbh- squealed, juddered and leave yellow residue on the carbon brake track. I swapped them out for the Swiss-Stop Black Prince pads, and they are far superior in every way.......except wear rate.