'ning

looking like things could be soggy for a couple of days, summer still awol

ride or stroll, cafes, much lazing, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Forecast looks ok here: not scorchio but not raining.

Going to try that run in the park thing that happens on Saturdays, but will be hanging at the back taking it easy on the Achilles.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Can I suggest roller skates Thistle.
    It's definitely summer here. Not a cloud in the sky. Light easterly breeze kindly conducive to pedalling plans.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Can I suggest roller skates Thistle.

That's just asking for a broken ankle.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    brrr, rained on six times, three cafes, no cut tubs, call it a win

• pinno
    sungod said:

40 odd miles under cloudless skies. Going to stretch, shower and indulge myself at the Café.

Beans fell off one of the window sills upstairs.
    Apart from his pride, he is okay.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Went for a late brekky with some mates. Need to catch up on a few jobs then a late dog walk. Probably cider later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Indoor bike ride this morning while it was raining, well, spin class thing on the peloton. Outdoor dog walk with mini this afternoon. Went up past V68's mum's old place, which appears to now just be a hole in the ground!

Hassle mini to do her half term homework. Generally make the most of what feels like yet another Sunday, ahead of actual Sunday tomorrow.

Mrs B³ continues to ail in her pit. 🙄
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Really decent night in a pub near church Stretton last night with live music an d a campsite minutes away.

So slowish start, local run and now in town drinking too much at a tapas place
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Dad's taxi run to Heathrow completed, easy peasy this time.

Drinks and barbie to follow.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Dad's taxi run to Heathrow completed, easy peasy this time.

Drinks and barbie to follow.

Easy 'cos there ain't no traffic 'cos there ain't no planes.
    Was she catching a bus?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Day of pottering, wrapped the bars on my white bicycle. I'm not sure if I like it, certainly good enough for now.

That's as exciting as my day got.

Went up past V68's mum's old place, which appears to now just be a hole in the ground!

Must say it is strange for it not to be there. There will soon be a palace in its place. Probably less weird than seeing someone else living in what was our family home for so long.
  • beansnikpoh

Evening folks,
    Day of pottering, wrapped the bars on my white bicycle. I'm not sure if I like it, certainly good enough for now.

Went up past V68's mum's old place, which appears to now just be a hole in the ground!

Must say it is strange for it not to be there. There will soon be a palace in its place. Probably less weird than seeing someone else living in what was our family home for so long.
    Weird, exactly what mini said...She is very attached to her past, after I explained, she said if we were to sell this place she would rather it was demolished, than for someone else to live in it. As a terraced house, that might be difficult, but I kept my mouth shut.
  • beansnikpoh
    Bike is looking good.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Evening folks,

Weird, exactly what mini said...She is very attached to her past, after I explained, she said if we were to sell this place she would rather it was demolished, than for someone else to live in it. As a terraced house, that might be difficult, but I kept my mouth shut.
    Sounds like Narcissism.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

sungod said:

Beans screamed and leapt off one of the window sills upstairs.
    he is a hero
    i bet he got the thread title reference too
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

Beans screamed and leapt off one of the window sills upstairs.
    he is a hero
    i bet he got the thread title reference too
    Perhaps.
    He's a little sensitive to the touch.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Evening folks,

Sounds like Narcissism.
    I bet you a quid it doesn't.
  • pinno
    But that seems like a strong sense of place and belonging. I don't see what's wring with that.