friday is doughnut day

'ning

not quite as nippy, perhaps more sun

ride cafes laziness
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Perhaps shouldn’t have invited everyone back to our house for ale at stupid o’clock this morning 🙄

Today is sort hounds then off to Llandegla on the newly rebuilt fun bike, then run offas from there and stay over somewhere with the current wife
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Practice run TLW?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    edited June 2022
    Very grey.
    Off to OH's sister for giggles.

Beans was proud to have caught a baby mouse and flung it around the kitchen.
    I evicted him with mouse and he came in looking for it this morning in the place where it was.
    Beans has some way to go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Been sitting out in the morning sun testing out the new garden furniture. Will walk dogs soon then we're having a Ukrainian round for a cup of tea and a chat. Followed by a final round of furniture assembly, just in time for the rain.

Junior hound got hold of a baby blackbird that had fallen out of the nest - already dead so no hunting points. But then he wouldn't let go of it for ages, so we had to tempt him away with some dried liver.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,532
    Went out for an hour on the bike. Got held up by 12 clubbies riding 2 abreast. At 24 kph. All very serious, shouting out their calls, doing their hand signals to avoid fcuking manhole covers. Fcuking idiots. Their lead man had a go at me when I could finally overtake them, as he deviated from his line without shoulder checking, even though I'd been saying "on your right" all the way up their slow road block. I barged him back onto his line, and told him to break his fcuking group of 12 crawlers into 3 groups of 4 crawlers.

Channelling my inner MFs.

Apart from that, a nice ride.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start was enjoyed, been out helping put bunting up for the street party. Not because I'm a royalist, more any excuse for a pissup. It's a bit of fun and one of those things that gives our road a nice community feel so I'm happy to help. Might go and gatecrash the one that's in the next road today, ours isn't until Sunday when it will be pissing down.
    24kph? Even I can top that on the pub hack. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141

Went out for an hour on the bike. Got held up by 12 clubbies riding 2 abreast. At 24 kph. All very serious, shouting out their calls, doing their hand signals to avoid fcuking manhole covers. Fcuking idiots. Their lead man had a go at me when I could finally overtake them, as he deviated from his line without shoulder checking, even though I'd been saying "on your right" all the way up their slow road block. I barged him back onto his line, and told him to break his fcuking group of 12 crawlers into 3 groups of 4 crawlers.

Channelling my inner MFs.

Apart from that, a nice ride.

Fcuking cyclists eh.

I stopped at a nice little cafe for lunch earlier on the way back from nowhereland.
    Some Essex wideboy bikepacker rolls in and starts whinging at the girl on the counter because they haven't got any eggs and he's sort of vegan but sometimes eats meat but can he have non cows milk in his coffee?
    The people of rural Ceredigion were too nice to tell him where to go.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Afternoon. Fatboy Friday beckons. Doing menial things about the house and snoozing in the garden. Getting ready for the concert at Buck Palace tomorrow. Wife got given some tickets through work otherwise wouldn’t have bothered. Gotta be a laugh innit? ‘Cept weather forecast isn’t looking promising so instead of dressing up for it it looks like hoody and gortex time :/

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.