wednesday as an agglomeration of pineapples approaches cygnus x-1

'ning

brr, cold, still no summer

ride and cafes, wfh, laze etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle run last night produced masses of pleghm but I didn’t die, so a gentle jog this morning to shift last nights cider.

Current wife back later after a night away with the MIL, so as this is Friday (ish) I assume we will be out.

Just got to get work snizzle sorted firet
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Kit has been soldered abd araldited back together ready for another trip, although I don't think I'll mabage to dodge all the rain this time.

Just waiting for a battery to charge, and tea to get drunk then ready to go.

Still waiting for the camp site to confirm the booking though :worried:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Is your nose blocked Thistle?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    It's sunny.
    I'm going for a big pedal.
    F*ck 'em.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Most of the way to Scouserpool, stopped at Keele services for a leg stretch. It's going to be a long day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Cold and damp day. Morning of taxi duty for Mum. Afternoon of finishing and installing (well, almost) a wall mounted light fitting I made. Just the switch to wire in tomorrow.

Supervised tradies in the garage finishing up the install of *new* panel doors...so pleased to get rid of the old, noisy slow bent and shabby ones, even if it did cost a motza.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Wfh, just like I have for the last three days. All of which had been booked off as holiday.

Considering hammer/fire/trebuchet treatment for laptop.

Some staff would be good though. Though 1 new minion starts September 6th. Bloody 3 month notice periods...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Tedious drive to a site meeting earlier today, will be wort it though.
    Finished for the weekend, going to see Edd Sheeran on Friday night, Platjubs garden party on Saturday at friends with recovery on Sunday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

Is your nose blocked Thistle?

Might try resetting the autocorrect thing again on my phone.

Had some visitors this morning, a convoy of 4:

• pinno
    oxoman said:

Officially wracked off my coffee machine has decided to be incontinent all over the kitchen side. CBA to fix it again as RPIA and hard water around here tends to clog it up, so new one on order. Beer consumed.

• Stevo_666
    Made it back with all my possessions. Minding my car while junior loaded up was a good tactic. Unloaded all of juniors junk from both cars and now having a well deserved glass of plonk. Most of the new windows have now gone in and the place is looking good. Just new blinds and boiler to go.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Also back dahn saff after a smooth M6 transit. 5/6 on the smooth vs not so, up side on Monday was a bit lumpy.

New mowtah does drive really smoothly. Lane assist tech and sat nav lady voice can be a bit annoying though. "Please move 2 lanes to the right" Eh? WTAF?

A late cold beer and then night night time.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Also back dahn saff after a smooth M6 transit. 5/6 on the smooth vs not so, up side on Monday was a bit lumpy.

New mowtah does drive really smoothly. Lane assist tech and sat nav lady voice can be a bit annoying though. "Please move 2 lanes to the right" Eh? WTAF?

A late cold beer and then night night time.

What's your new mota then Loon?
  • orraloon
    edited June 2022
    Is a Škoda Octavia SE Tech, 1.5 petrol. Practical (can fit my bike inside wheels on) edit: it's the estate version and reasonably (in current market 😳) priced. 3 months old, 3.5k on clock, dealer used it as a demo and staff car. There was eff all on the market bar high mileage ex rentals / ex fleet, the Gx reg type, and new has ridickalous lead times.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Is a Škoda Octavia SE Tech, 1.5 petrol. Practical (can fit my bike inside wheels on) edit: it's the estate version and reasonably (in current market 😳) priced. 3 months old, 3.5k on clock, dealer used it as a demo and staff car. There was eff all on the market bar high mileage ex rentals / ex fleet, the Gx reg type, and new has ridickalous lead times.

Bike inside, wheels on is a big selling point. Worked for me...
  • Wheelspinner
    Skoda was on my short list of (new) cars last year, but availability was the problem. Months of waiting at a minimum and that was before you started checking the options list.

• orraloon
    Yeah, salesman at the dealer was an ok fella, once I'd said that I knew price haggling was a no-no in current times we got on well. He fed me all sorts of useful info. He'd had a couple place order for new model, lead time was listed as 3-4 months, submitted, answer came back as now 13 month lead time!

This ex-demo one is quite good as it has lots of extras on it, for to show the public. E.g. anyone want a dog guard? eBay methinks.
  • Wheelspinner
    I think they were talking 6 - 8 months lead here depending on model selection. Was looking at either the Octavia RS or the Superb wagons. I drove a couple of the equivalent VW versions (used ones), but didn't like the seats much in them. The Skodas had better equipment spec for the money too.