'ning

another nippy start to be followed by another cloudycool day

ride cafes, maybe nip into gmc before wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Cider didn’t kill the man flu 🤬

So looks like another day without training.

Work stuff today whilst the rest of the family are on holiday - hopefully they will go out
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Maybe you need to try something stronger?
    Is it hay fever? Mine has all of a sudden kicked off last week, normally I start suffering earlier in the year.

Second run in 2 day this morning, it's all going to end in tears.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,159
    Twatcave job today. Rest of the garden furniture turned up this morning - at 7:20am. I'm sure the neighbours appreciated the beeping noises as the lorry tried to do a 3 point turn in the close to get back out.

The good news is, this is a 2 day week so today is my Thursday. And Thursday is the new Friday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Maybe you need to try something stronger?
    Is it hay fever? Mine has all of a sudden kicked off last week, normally I start suffering earlier in the year.

Second run in 2 day this morning, it's all going to end in tears.

Did try rum last night!

Not hay fever thankfully
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wotcha.

Cloudy, cool, drizzly. This is getting silly.
    I don't think a Suagaros will grow here.

Painting kitchen. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

A cider induced lie-in has been had, brilliant! Didn’t emerge until 11:30ish none of this waking at 5am and not being able to get back to sleep nonsense
    Face is a bit sore today having kissed the concrete somewhere on the way home last night (no memory of that), bikes ok so all is good with the world.

cloudy out, rain forecast : what the heck, maybe repeat yesterday at the cider festival but try to stay upright on the way home hehe

More tea…

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Headache. Dog has been confined to the play pen on account of constantly looking for cat poo to eat while outside and nipping at junior GTi’s ankles. Couldn’t be done with making lunch so Taco Bell been ordered for the boys.

Does anyone else here use the phrase “I saw my @rse” meaning getting really cross about something ?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

Does anyone else here use the phrase “I saw my @rse” meaning getting really cross about something ?

Like when the builders currently in the office decide to cut all the sheets of plywood next to the parked bikes covering them in sawdust? Yeah, me.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,159
    edited May 2022
    johngti said:

Afternoon. Headache. Dog has been confined to the play pen on account of constantly looking for cat poo to eat while outside and nipping at junior GTi’s ankles. Couldn’t be done with making lunch so Taco Bell been ordered for the boys.

Sounds like a perfectly normal dog. Our eldest is nearly 7 now and whenever we take him for a walk you would be forgiven for thinking that his mission is to rid the world of dog sh1tt by eating it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

johngti said:

Like when the builders currently in the office decide to cut all the sheets of plywood next to the parked bikes covering them in sawdust? Yeah, me.

I’ve used the phrase recently and got looked at like I was mad. So that’s a relief.
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Sounds like a perfectly normal dog. Our eldest is nearly 7 now and whenever we take him for a walk you would still be forgiven for thinking that his mission is to rid the world of dog sh1tt by eating it.
    Yeah I know. Not the best way to handle the headache though! We were lucky with our old lab, she kept it a secret. Doesn’t help that junior GTi doesn’t take advice well re training the hound to not bite
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Was meant to be on holiday this week, but wfh today, tomorrow a.m., weds a.m.

F, as they say, ML.

At least my anti jet lag scheme worked! Out like a light at 10, up at 6:30. The hours of watching Ozark with matchsticks under my eyelids paid off.

I always understood "I saw my @rse" to mean I lost my rag. Northern phrase.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The expression I have heard and used is “ They have seen their ar*e” meaning they are in a bad mood or got a cob on. Never heard it used to describe one’s self.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The time has come... to sell the C40.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!