wednesday cutting chunks out of eternity

'ning

nippier, but possibly dry start

ride, cafes, maybe nip into gmc before wfh, bail and laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Offices far away but time for a gentle jog with the hounds.

Depending on traffic may get a run in later before the joys of eldests lads girlfriends parents for the first official time.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    tlw1 said:

Offices far away but time for a gentle jog with the hounds.

Depending on traffic may get a run in later before the joys of eldests lads girlfriends parents for the first official time.

They're thinking the same thing.
    You never know, it could be instant party and swinging. swapping.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Started cloudy and windy and damp.
    It's now sunny, windy and damp.

Some chores and more rental property candidate viewing/selection/de-selection/elimination.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    pinno said:

Some chores and more rental property candidate viewing/selection/de-selection/elimination.

Weakest link or Love Island?

Bought an Ikea cupboard yesterday to put all the bike sh1te instead of the pile on the floor so that's my day sorted #exciting
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Weakest link or Love Island?
    If the latter, do I give them a discount?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    windycold, felt more like winter earlier, brrr

feasting on espressos and dark choc cantuccini to prepare for catching up on gd'i
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    In office again, about to start a few meetings - hopefully I can make it to lunch without getting grouchy as there's no food on offer an any of them.

Next round of work on the house starts next week with new some windows going in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Stevo_666 said:

Next round of work on the house starts next week with new some windows going in.

Mancaves don't need windows, they're caves.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mancaves don't need windows, they're caves.

My cave has two windows and a door - it's the soft southern luxury version. But its not getting new ones. House has a weird mix of newer double glaze and older single glaze courtesy of the last owners which we're putting right.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Tokyo day. 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. 30 mins for a "sando" at 12, 30 mins for miso ramen at 6. With a rampant hangover. Presentations, meetings and a 3 hour accounting conference. Apart from the food and the exceedingly elegant women, I could as well be in Brum.

Tomorrow afternoon is my pitch to the CFO and CEO. 7.5 mins to convince them I'm ace. I might do the old "white-eared elephant" gag, see how that goes down.

Casual beers after work tomorrow. Full day Friday, then dinner with 2nd tier big cheeses. Then a day sightseeing with the UK accounting head and 2 of the younger Japanese guys, and buying the long list of shyte Mrs B³ wants. Plus trying to stay out of hostess bars, strip joints and massage parlours.

Fookin' knackad. One Sapporo. Sleep the sleep of the dead.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,006
    edited May 2022
    Got up nice and early for a ride this morning, 8km my rear gear cable snapped so had to power home. Made it 99% of the way but the road up to home is a bit steep for the granny cog.
    Currently working on some quotes, need to fix the bike tonight in readiness for weekend.
    And tour de manc have actually put some photos up...

https://flic.kr/p/2nmzRy2

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Bzzzt. Doom Bar ain't local.

A day of stuff sorting, utilities organising, and general messing around. Das's taxi duties this evening, taxi taxi firm trying it on with ripoff prices. Chancers.