Tuesday - おはようございます

Though some of you might still be up from yesterday if you see what I mean.

Another long day ahead. Hopefully more delicious grub. Maybe a walk, but it looks warm out...

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

nippier, pouring

stroll, cafes, wfh, laze and bubbly outing

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Awesome sleep and now run one of todays programme with the hounds and the eldest joining in - good start to a day 😎

Work snizzle, run two and then gym
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Moaning,

currently bright sunshine out there, don't expect that to last but hey...
    WFW soon so pedalling and hope to stay dry
    beer or cider later :)

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Another long day ahead. Hopefully more delicious grub. Maybe a walk, but it looks warm out...

Hi beany. Can you really buy used girls knickers from vending machines?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

Awesome sleep...

First time in... 13 years?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Do they come in 3 packs?
  • pinno
    Windy, sunny and showers sort of day.
    Wind is in the North. You can tell - the blue is different.

Prospective tenant viewing already (despite there being a few things to finish off).
    Maybe I should put them to fight in the front garden. The one who looses first gets it.
  • pinno
    All that: おはようございます is 'good morning'. Seems a hell of a lot of work.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    pinno said:

All that: おはようございます is 'good morning'. Seems a hell of a lot of work.

indeed it is - ohayo gozaimasu.
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Do they come in 3 packs?
    Not seen any yet, but I've not looked yet to be fair.
  • beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Ooops, meant to reply to you Seano - dunno - not seen any. Beer comes in vending machines though. If I see any grimy pants, do you want some?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Awesome sleep...

First time in... 13 years?

I’m not great at it but a score of 84 😎

• pinno

You're only 1 hour behind Wheelspinner time.
    'Hobart'. That's one for the quizzers.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited May 2022
    pinno said:

You're only 1 hour behind Wheelspinner time.
    'Hobart'. That's one for the quizzers.

Someone out there likes Hobart...
    https://youtu.be/FBAhG0FNqO0

Busy morning, starting with early hound walk then wfh while others panic and rush around like headless chickens.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Clear out ongoing. Just took benefit of the fuel in the temp loan car to drop off a couple sets of wheels, unused and won't be used, at a bike repair charity in The City, via a load of junk drop at the tip.

Annoyance of the day. Ambulance blue lights appears behind, I pull over as one should, but there's a tw@rt in one of those BMW X things tailgating the ambulance. No it's not a medic. Traffic lights at red ahead, ambulance waiting, tw@rt goes tight up next to it in the right turn lane, hindering progress. Tw@rt received the obligatory hand gestures as I went past. Plonker.
  • beansnikpoh

Pic = Starter. Shabu shabu (you cook beef slices in stock) and various sashimi, plus a savoury egg custard dish. Then some fish stew with ginger and bamboo shoots. Then some rice dish, where you eat half, then mix with tea and slurp the rest. All with sake. Bloody delicious.

Glad I'm home early. Going to hook myself up to iv saline. Sake has a bit of a kick...

• beansnikpoh
    I'm actually looking forward to working until 10 p.m. Japanese time tomorrow, so I can just have some noodles and sparkling water and go to bed. I must be getting ancient.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Afternoon interneturds, second funeral in three weeks this morning followed by Peroni.
    Back in work now, hopeful of a ride in the morning before work if the weather holds...
    Bikeshed bike show on Saturday at Tobacco Dock followed by Ride London on Sunday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

I'm actually looking forward to working until 10 p.m. Japanese time tomorrow, so I can just have some noodles and sparkling water and go to bed. I must be getting ancient.

How did the presentation to the 'Grand Fromages' go, Beano?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    That's tomorrow....
  • Stevo_666

That's tomorrow....

Good luck. What are the potential outcomes if it goes well or badly or whatever?
  • beansnikpoh
    Nothing really. Reflects well on my boss if I perform well. All a game of face. The CFO hates bullshyyte apparently, so I'm just going to explain what I want to do in Europe, and what's getting in the way of that, who I need to do what, and how I intend to eliminate obstacles politely.

I think it's more to see how well my boss is managing me and my accounting counterpart, and potentially to see if one of us can step up to his role next summer when he returns to Japan. Or whether they send another expat.

I will look good compared to my accounting counterpart, who can waffle for hours in jargon about "dialogues" and "activities" without ever hitting the point he wants to make. My boss had to wave a piece of paper at him in the conference today saying "FINISH", when he was only half way through. I had a stopwatch going, and did my 10 minutes in 9 mins 34.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022

Nothing really. Reflects well on my boss if I perform well. All a game of face. The CFO hates bullshyyte apparently, so I'm just going to explain what I want to do in Europe, and what's getting in the way of that, who I need to do what, and how I intend to eliminate obstacles politely.

I think it's more to see how well my boss is managing me and my accounting counterpart, and potentially to see if one of us can step up to his role next summer when he returns to Japan. Or whether they send another expat.

I will look good compared to my accounting counterpart, who can waffle for hours in jargon about "dialogues" and "activities" without ever hitting the point he wants to make. My boss had to wave a piece of paper at him in the conference today saying "FINISH", when he was only half way through. I had a stopwatch going, and did my 10 minutes in 9 mins 34.

We used to have a piece of paper in the annual budget presentations for the board which had 'GAFMO' on it.

If it helps get you a promotion down the line then good - assuming you like managing accountant anoraks as well as tax anoraks.

They never invite us over there, but are happy to visit here...although on the plus side my boss isn't an expat.
  • pinno
    Did you do it like you don't really care about the outcome? - and you don't really care. That's because you've pined for an alternative life and you are looking at how green the grass is in another field.
    If you delivered it in the succinct and articulate manner to which you are capable of, then you may be prime candidate.
    If offered, that will leave you in a quandary.