monday if a pineapple falls from the 13th floor and no one hears it, did it fall*

'ning

ride, cafes, perhaps quick foray into gmc, bail, bubbly later

* yes, of course it did, spacetime does not require humans, only pineapples
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Meh, tired and not fun day at work ahead.

Later I need to run as the plan really ramps up now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited May 2022
    Cloudy grey damp. Bah.

Last 2 days(?) of sorting rental pad.

So far, I have squeezed pedalling jolly's in between DIY/rain showers. Would like some better weather to go out early in the AM.

When is the big one TLW?
    Quite exciting last day of the season - is that making you grumpy? RM on Saturday.

Took Beans for a walk up the hill in the field towards the next hedge in an attempt to lure him from the temptation of crossing the road/provide alternative hunting grounds. Even 3 legged Tiddles went that way. 3 legged Tiddles also used to mark the whole field, not just our garden, rain, wind or shine.

Weather willing, we'll do this walk frequently.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Deep in the Pineapple jungle, few would be around to hear one fall but in the depths of Londinium and surrounding area, this would be improbable.
    If you could contrive to drop one on Rees Mogg, this would be poetic and though sad, the pineapple would achieve martyrdom.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

When is the big one TLW?
    Quite exciting last day of the season - is that making you grumpy? RM on Saturday.

Gulp - 95 days

• pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

When is the big one TLW?

Gulp - 95 days

Ooh look at that Morzine one - surely more scenic than offas dy'ke?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

When is the big one TLW?

Gulp - 95 days

Ooh look at that Morzine one - surely more scenic than offas dy'ke?
    Fun bike stuff - shouldn’t really be doing it, but will be a giggle
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Busy Monday - did the first call from the Twatcave as it was too early for me to contemplate get into the office for that. About to stuff my face before the next round of meetings. Onwards etc.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yeah Monday. Went driving, because we could.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521

That looks fcuking amazing! A big dam?
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    6 hours of presentations. View from the office though.

¥1000 lunch, or £6. Back street Tokyo, old buildings beneath the overpasses and trainlines. "Mixed fry" with rice, pickles, miso, iced camomile tea for me.

Then dinner at a steak restaurant of all places with ex-ex-pats. Just back for an early night, and hopefully a jog/walk towards the Imperial Palace in the a.m before work.

Mainly though, 6 hours of presentations. 😵‍💫

Only 4 hours of delivering tomorrow. 2 hours listening. Then dinner with the global tax team.

I know it's a jolly, and I'm very lucky, but it's a Japanese jolly, which involves more work than jolly. "It's a game" says my boss. You deliver your presentation well, it looks good for me, and it looks good for you.

Main one is 30 minutes to the CFO amd CEO of a global conglomerate employing 70,000 people. Me, the 4th in a line of mendicants from Coventry, a bullshit artist with a liking for Polish lager, in a CFO's office, with my reputation, what could possibly go wrong?

Lots of talk at dinner of the quality of massages in the area. Not quite sure whether the guys had back problems or what. 😇

Either way. Jet lag approaches. Nice early night for me.

Have a good day all...
  • Wheelspinner

That looks fcuking amazing! A big dam?
    Yes, it's Gordon Dam in South West Tasmania. Pretty controversial back when it was being built in the late 60s/early 70s, the subject of *much* protest from the conservationist movement.
  • Wheelspinner

6 hours of presentations. View from the office though.

Just the thought of being in a place that big and busy gives me the heebie-jeebies now. It's not the crowds per se, it's the noise - aural and visual - that does it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the funny farm, it really is fully batshit. I can only fix things as I find them, but others seem able to fuckthingsup faster than I can fix them.
    Must admit I appreciate cities and the countryside. That reminds me, a friend went to a recording of a radio show and as an entry for the Uxbridge English dictionary the definition of countryside was given as "the murder of Piers Morgan" although I believe that would be written 'cuntricide' 😁
    I'm hungry having seen B³'s post. Onwards to food...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    pinno said:

Took Beans for a walk up the hill in the field towards the next hedge...

I'm confused now, I though Beans was livin' it large in Tokyo? 🤔

2nd last full client work day before the New World Order. Timed it well, pleasant sunny and not too warm, now it's piddling it down. Will do one more day there later this week, then new team take over in June. Lovely place, really pleasant French owners and the tenants for past 3-4 years have been friendly and chatty. Bloke is a bikelist, got himself a Bianchi graveller, I've introduced him to some of the better neighbourhood routes.

• Stevo_666
    edited May 2022

Lots of talk at dinner of the quality of massages in the area. Not quite sure whether the guys had back problems or what. 😇

Pinno suggested it first. When in Rome....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

"the murder of Piers Morgan" although I believe that would be written 'cuntricide' 😁

Like.

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

It would be silly not to. I mean, when will he ever have the opportunity again?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

It would be silly not to. I mean, when will he ever have the opportunity again?
    Next time he goes to Tokyo? Anyhow, what goes in Tokyo, stays in Tokyo. So I've heard.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    But there are city's and there are city's.
    Rome - fantastic, old, can't get anything built quickly 'cos they keep digging up relics when they do. Road works everywhere. Mad heat box in summer and crazy drivers. Though I have never felt more like a tourist in Rome.
    Paris - what a fantastic night time atmosphere at 2am. Plus some of the suburbs are truly beautiful.
    Milan - sit at a cafe all day and watch the elegant and elusive women go by.
    Stockholm - rarely did I have an incident with a driver and any incident was quickly met with apology (form both parties) and you could cycle around it all day. Gorgeous old town.
    Barcelona - changed so much since I first went there in 88. It used to be a great city but I think the new*' marina has spoiled it, brought far too much money in and attracts too many tourists.
    Madrid - a bit hot in summer but full of elegant Madrilenas and very majestic. No feeling of claustrophobia.

*Completed in 2002.

Torino looked like a very interesting, leafy, hilly city during the Giro stage. Seems worth a visit. I was quite surprised. I thought, given it was the hub of Fiat and other industries, it would be more like Genoa. I didn't particularly like Genoa.
    I'm sure the industrial side ain't pretty but the rest of it looks inviting.

Saltzburg, Vienna - stunning, unbelievable. Very expensive.

Didn't like Marseille. I thought it was quite rough and hot and lacking many green spaces.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

"the murder of Piers Morgan" although I believe that would be written 'cuntricide' 😁

Like.

A whole career based on being exceedingly murderable.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Like.

A whole career based on being exceedingly murderable.
    Indeed.
    Same as Rees Mogg.
  • pinno
    ...oh and that most irritating James Corden.