pinno Posts: 51,195
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Pack for hols
    Go on hols.

@pinno is getting a visitor today:
    https://strava.app.link/Fs2w3hseeqb

He's heading in the right direction.
    If you are on Strava, recommend the coastal route as it will be less traffic. Recommend going via Mute Hill to Dalbeattie and then towards Colvend.
    That way, his battery will be flat within 10 miles. :smile:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Cloudy, meh. Bit of wind too.
    Giro later. No more crit stages please. Why this rise in loops in GT's and even classics?
  • pinno
    'Coast and castles' ? That's either Jockland or Wales.
    I have a feeling it's Wales.
  • pinno
    Beans is currently chucking a short tailed vole around like a ragdoll. Can't get the trophy off him.
    I thought he would be bored of this game about 30 minutes ago and he still hasn't figured out that it won't run away for him (again).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Pack for hols
    Go on hols.

@pinno is getting a visitor today:
    https://strava.app.link/Fs2w3hseeqb

I thought you'd found a link to Loon's Strava account for a minute. Enjoy the hols Thistle.

Good lie in after a late finish. One of the hounds got out via a fox escape tunnel last night, eventually tempted him back in with some raw meat treats after he'd calmed down and stopped following the scent. More work on the security fencing needed...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Good evening from Tokyo.

Got plenty of kip on the plane. About to head out for sushi.

Japanese bogs are the pinnacle of human evolution.

JAL airline food is ace, and the overall service knocks spots off BA.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, just had another coffee. Should probably start doing stuff soon. A spot of moving stuff today, the lad's girlfriend took the 'rents old dining table for the flat she's moving into, as I've got the biggest car I've agreed to help. Can't remember the last time I drove into London, even if it is only Vauxhall.
    Might put bar tape on the white bike later.
    The old dear's coming to stay on Wednesday as she has a hospital appointment on Thursday. If all goes well she wants to fly back Saturday to catch the end of the Giro in the flesh. Wondering if I should accompany her to make sure she gets back ok 😬
    You might be onto something B³, having been to Tokyo a few times she's having a Japanese bog fitted in the new place.
    Enjoy the holiday thistle.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. Made the Mrs get up to let the dog out of his crate this morning so a lie-in for me. He was a LOT noisier last night. Took ages to settle but that’s to be expected I guess. Went for a short ride this morning, I’m going to have to build up some fitness again. Still, back and hips aren’t currently aching so that was nice. Arms out too, it’s that nice! Going to measure up the shed for some shelves in a mo then figure out if I’m going to spend the first couple of days of the holiday laying a patio. Oh, and a bit of work work too.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle start after an awesome night in the pub last night, live music and a pub - how can you have a bad night?

Walked hounds and then remembered I had agreed to run with them with a couple of easy on the eyes friends - so the hound have done circa 10miles so should be sorted for the day.

Few jobs then f1 followed by football where as much as I tell myself there is no chance, I still think I will be disappointed
  • pinno
    Brutal windy and slightly wet ride was had, got back and the sun pops out and the wind drops. f*cker.
    Met some Weegie bloke en route and had a good chat mainly about all the gravel washed onto the roads due to all the heavy rain. He's never been to this area before and was delighted with the roads (?!) and the lack of traffic.

He was riding a orangey red Canyon with discs and deep section Hunt wheels. Looked good. I think he was about 3 foot tall judging by the headset.

Can't get beans in 'cos he's staking out a mouse hole and has been for the past hour.

I'm a bit jealous B³ but not envious of the extra weight you'll add :smiley: .
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

SJockland aka Edinburgh to Tynemouth.

Downhill all the way.

• Stevo_666

Good evening from Tokyo.

Looks like nice nosh.

Did you fly via CdG just to get on a JAL flight because it's so good, or was that a company policy thing? I prefer to fly direct where I can, less hassle changing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

It's all healthy stuff is how I'm looking at it...I've had fish (mackerel, cuttlefish, tuna), shellfish (oysters, clams), vegetables and rice and 2 beers today.

It's quite different round here.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Unpacked after a lie-in, currently helping with some accountacy admin as we've got a busy week ahead with ride london next weekend so a few days dahn sarf.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Bit of a clean up in Garage # 2 today, long overdue. Needed now as may have to shift car(s) from Garage # 1 this week when new panel doors are being fitted there.

Believe it or not, that was the *highlight* of the day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

Good evening from Tokyo.

Looks like nice nosh.

Did you fly via CdG just to get on a JAL flight because it's so good, or was that a company policy thing? I prefer to fly direct where I can, less hassle changing.
    Late notice, hence not direct. We're flying back direct to LHR, though also with JAL. Also apparently BA fly in to Narita and not Haneda. Haneda is much closer to the office.

Having experienced the two, where I can fly JAL long haul for a similar price to BA, I will now, the whole package is better; the seats
    the food, the service from the flight attendants. They're one world alliance, so I'll keep getting the points and miles. Short haul I'm not fussed.

BA were kind enough to let me take both my boss and the head of accounting through the first wing check in, security and lounge. You're normally only allowed one guest. Brownie points for me as the queues even for club and then fast track security were pretty bad. My boss tanned most of a bottle of bubbly and a glass of red. He's about 5 ft 7 and 9 stone wet through...he barely showed any effect.
  • beansnikpoh
    Kirin yin and yang. If I keep alternating, I might get through the night.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

pinno said:

It's all healthy stuff is how I'm looking at it...I've had fish (mackerel, cuttlefish, tuna), shellfish (oysters, clams), vegetables and rice and 2 beers today.

no cat cafe yet?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

no cat cafe yet?
    Indeed, Poor show B³.

Look, i've done the hard work for you.
    The place is awash with them.

https://www.byfood.com/blog/tokyo/cat-cafes-in-tokyo

• Stevo_666
    Not sure they taste very nice :)
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    oxoman said:

You've probably eaten worse Stevo.

I' ve not been to South Korea yet.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I enough been to South Korea yet.
    Uh?! On the juice Stevo?
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

I enough been to South Korea yet.
    Uh?! On the juice Stevo?
    Autocorrect doing odd things.