saturday has unphysical states

'ning

getting nippier, back to warmers

ride and cafes, gd'i based lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Tube, Heathrow Express, T5 flounge, BA to CDG. lounge, JAL to HND. Arrive sunday p.m. Not know which way is up. Work Mon-Fri in said state of discombobulation.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Dog slept in a crate all night, no fuss, no mess this morning. Breakfast was had and he did his stuff outside again. Appears to love having a cuddle

Few other things to do today including an hour in work and a visit to a party.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Off in a bit to collect the new mowtah, loop back via multi-generational afternoon gathering of other side of the family marking niece's birthday, get back eventually, feet up, catch up on the Giro. That'll do for today.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

Morning. Dog slept in a crate all night, no fuss, no mess this morning. Breakfast was had and he did his stuff outside again. Appears to love having a cuddle

He's up to something :wink:

• thistle_
    'ning

Much needed lazy start today.

Need to plant some stuff out in the garden today before I head off on adventures tomorrow. I've got a very sad looking gerbera which doesn't seem to be able to take up enough water to keep itself up.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited May 2022
    Off to a classic car auction today over in Ascot with a mate. Spectating only, although a mate of said mate is a collector and might be bidding on some interesting stuff. They serve bacon butties apparently so all is good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    brrr, windycold ride, but at least it was dry

Tube, Heathrow Express, T5 flounge, BA to CDG. lounge, JAL to HND. Arrive sunday p.m. Not know which way is up. Work Mon-Fri in said state of discombobulation.

enjoy the flounge brekkie and bubbly, always a good way to start the journey
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo_666 said:

Off to a classic car auction today over in Acot with a mate. Spectating only, although a mate of said mate is a collector and might be bidding on some interesting stuff. They serve bacon butties apparently so all is good.

I presume you meant Ascot. Had a look, there's some expensive stuff in there.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Off to a classic car auction today over in Acot with a mate. Spectating only, although a mate of said mate is a collector and might be bidding on some interesting stuff. They serve bacon butties apparently so all is good.

Yup, it looks reet posh.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yup, it looks reet posh.
    There's some tat there too like a Rover v8 - no, not an SD1, a 2006 jobbie.
    I wonder what the Jaguar XK 120 roadster will go for.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle start after a great night in the pub, now off to another pub for a 5k race - doesn’t fit with the training program but promised a mate.

Dads taxi stuff and then out to a different pub to see a mates band
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Off to Twickenham to watch Gloucester v Harlequins with EPO's family from Gloucester, should be a giggle.
    Keep your hands in your pockets Stevo, you could end up going home with an expensive hobby. But I know people that can help.
    Have a good trip B³. Dog sounds good Mr GTi. Have a good day everyone.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

Off to a classic car auction today over in Ascot with a mate. Spectating only, although a mate of said mate is a collector and might be bidding on some interesting stuff. They serve bacon butties apparently so all is good.

Sounds like a great day out Stevo. Bacon butties are a bonus 👍
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Sounds like a great day out Stevo. Bacon butties are a bonus 👍
    Was interesting and good fun but mates mate ended up not buying anything as he got outbid. Bacon butties were good but at Ascot racecourse prices :#

It was a real mix of stuff, here's some pics.

Had a sit in that Ferrari 458 Speciale which then sold for the measly sum of £335k :o
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Eureka, found the hidden magic draft delete. Top far RH corner is a hidden X. Watch for the Curser to change and press delete. No more topping post counts up to get rid.

This man deserves a pineapple.
  • pinno
    yada yada yada
    oxoman said:

Eureka, found the hidden magic draft delete. Top far RH corner is a hidden X. Watch for the Curser to change and press delete. No more topping post counts up to get rid.

Screen shot please?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    edited May 2022
    he's right you know

if you go to your drafts, then do a select all (press cmd+a on a mac or cntl+a on windows) the hidden x becomes visible in each draft, at the end of the title line

there's no 'are you sure', one click and it's deleted
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    And on an iPad, what's the magic formula?

So, the day unfolded. Train then hop on a bus from station to go collect my new mowtah. I'm back now with A car, just not My car. Apparently literally 5 minutes before I got off the bus outside the dealership, some total numpty salesman opted to drive another vehicle into mine, resulting in a dented rear door. FFS.

My man took me out to show me, and there was ongoing verbals between the employees.

How lucky am I? Def not buying a lottery ticket, as if I ever do. Just a panel dent, will be sorted out by mid week hopefully then they'll bring the car to me (in one piece?) but this is not at all what I expected today.

Time for a (consolation) beer.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    sungod said:

...at the end of the title line

This is the missing bit of info from Oxo's description. I now understand and did it by hovering the mouse. Ta.

Will try ctrl a.

• thistle_
    Professionals eh?
    At least they've given you a car and are dropping the other one off to save you the train/bus faff.
    One to laugh about hopefully.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    If something's going to happen, it will happen to 'Loon.