wednesday heaven holds a sense of wonder

'ning

mild, getting light early now

ride, cafe, nip into gmc, bail, laze, administer the bolly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh, more shoot sleep. Have to admit I may have pushed too hard at the weekend and paying the price now 🙄

Work stuff then meeting a pal for a run
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,520
    Busy day in the office. At least I'm riding in.

Should buy some smart bits and pieces for visit to HQ next week. I don't think my old suits will fit. 🐷
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Should buy some smart bits and pieces for visit to HQ next week. I don't think my old suits will fit. 🐷

If you fast between now and arriving in Tokyo, would that work? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    overnight emails heralded my gmc triumph over a lingering peskiness, went for cafe stroll, table in the sun, coffee and croissant, watched the ducks, read inyt

with such accomplishments before 0830, who knows what wonders the day may yet bring
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    Some sun!
    Day off from applying vinyl and oil based shiny coatings, f*ck it.
    Will pedal.
    Toots to School and vaccine for Benny Beans. He's not going to love me.
    Coffee didn't touch the sides.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    edited May 2022
    Task #1 of the day, tick. Broadband connection up and running, 70Mbps download speed, that'll do me fine. Edit, bits per second not bytes

Blxxdy windy here at the mo, not best conditions to start spraying killer herbicides over the dandelion farm (and everything else). Time to start shovelling sh£t into baggies for the tip runs.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Blxxdy windy here at the mo...

You're telling me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That pet calming stuff don't half stink.

• beansnikpoh
    Stevo_666 said:

I'd have to fast, dehydrate, and run a marathon a day I reckon... I can get the jacket of my old suits on, but not do up the button without looking ridiculous - trying on the trousers made me feel abjectly shameful.

So instead, I bought myself a navy "travel" suit in a lightweight wool which should in theory be somewhat wrinkle resistant and come out of the suitcase as a recognisable and smart item of clothing, rather than something the current prime minister might pour himself into for a meeting of world leaders. I've gone up a shirt size as well :| , so bought 4 of them, so that a quick stretch doesn't ping buttons all over the place with the potential for having people's eyes out...

Bl00dy pandemic, making me fat, definitely not my fault, or the beer, or the nuts, or the cheese, nor my laziness in failing to maintain regular riding for the last year or so, just the pandemic. Probably brexit too.

Still, I'm back in the saddle now, gimme 6 months and I'll be not exactly svelte, but at least at a reasonable weight for my height!
  • beansnikpoh

• Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I'd have to fast, dehydrate, and run a marathon a day I reckon... I can get the jacket of my old suits on, but not do up the button without looking ridiculous - trying on the trousers made me feel abjectly shameful.

So instead, I bought myself a navy "travel" suit in a lightweight wool which should in theory be somewhat wrinkle resistant and come out of the suitcase as a recognisable and smart item of clothing, rather than something the current prime minister might pour himself into for a meeting of world leaders. I've gone up a shirt size as well :| , so bought 4 of them, so that a quick stretch doesn't ping buttons all over the place with the potential for having people's eyes out...

Bl00dy pandemic, making me fat, definitely not my fault, or the beer, or the nuts, or the cheese, nor my laziness in failing to maintain regular riding for the last year or so, just the pandemic. Probably brexit too.

Still, I'm back in the saddle now, gimme 6 months and I'll be not exactly svelte, but at least at a reasonable weight for my height!
    There was a terrible infection doing the rounds in the last couple of years, known as 'lockdown ar$e'. More infectious than covid apparently :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Another fairly ordinary day, cool and windy although at least not much rain.

Did some house chores this morning - visitor arriving tomorrow so the place needed a once-over. Then into town unplanned to pick up a thing, which turned into three things.

Had a turbo ride this evening, first proper attempt in months. Went ok which surprised me.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    38 hilly miles in a gale.
    Farqed.
    Some tail wind stretches were quite interesting.

• Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    I survived a 3 hour mandatory, interactive HR training session this afternoon and am just regaining the will to live...I am definitely pouring myself a cold pint of tramp fuel when I get back home tonight.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    I iz also farqed. Prob the longest and hardest day's work in quite some time. See what happens when you are working for yourself rather than just a client. Progress made. Or started depending.

Peepz are so friendly round these partz. Feels like comin' 'ome, iz comin' 'ome.

Turns out the wumman who works in the hotel I'm staying again this week, behind the bar tonight, is also a carer for the 92yo bloke who lives opposite / downslope, calls in there morning and evening, and she's impressed by visible evidence of work done. Hang on, did I get a free pint or not...

More beer, eats, sleep.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening all. Had worse days, also had better. Went to see a puppy after picking Mrs GTi up. Left a deposit, picking it up Friday. Cockapoo, cutelittlebugger. Nobody else knows yet, it’ll be a surprise for the kids on Friday night.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Usual stuff.
    The locks on the doors at work still aren't working so had to ring someone and say "I am outside" and if could they let me in. Lots of people in today so shouty and noisy, asked them to give me peace but ended up having to relocate to a quiet corner.

Managed a shuffle around the park at lunchtime while it was sunny but my foot decided to say no after only 1.5 miles :disappointed: Thought I'd found a new running friend so slowed down a bit and wanted to believe that I'd get caught up, but it didn't happen :disappointed:

(trying too hard I think)
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

I iz also farqed. Prob the longest and hardest day's work in quite some time. See what happens when you are working for yourself rather than just a client. Progress made. Or started depending.

Peepz are so friendly round these partz. Feels like comin' 'ome, iz comin' 'ome.

Turns out the wumman who works in the hotel I'm staying again this week, behind the bar tonight, is also a carer for the 92yo bloke who lives opposite / downslope, calls in there morning and evening, and she's impressed by visible evidence of work done. Hang on, did I get a free pint or not...

More beer, eats, sleep.

Is Spesh lady still working there?
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.
    The locks on the doors at work still aren't working so had to ring someone and say "I am outside" and if could they let me in. Lots of people in today so shouty and noisy, asked them to give me peace but ended up having to relocate to a quiet corner.

Managed a shuffle around the park at lunchtime while it was sunny but my foot decided to say no after only 1.5 miles :disappointed: Thought I'd found a new running friend so slowed down a bit and wanted to believe that I'd get caught up, but it didn't happen :disappointed:

What's wrong with da foot Thistle?
    Is everybody in here decrepit/heading that way?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Fudged achilles.
    Started end of Jan, thought I should get it checked out before signing up for a half and was told to stop running right away :neutral:
    Physio seems to think I'm making progress, but running/walking/cycling/sitting/yogaing sets it off.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Fudged achilles.
    Started end of Jan, thought I should get it checked out before signing up for a half and was told to stop running right away :neutral:
    Physio seems to think I'm making progress, but running/walking/cycling/sitting/yogaing sets it off.
    That doesn't leave much.
    Knitting?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Fudged achilles.
    That doesn't leave much.
    Knitting?
    Just need to trade off a bit of pain for sanity. Hoping it will be better by the end of the year.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Fudged achilles.
    That doesn't leave much.
    Knitting?
    Just need to trade off a bit of pain for sanity. Hoping it will be better by the end of the year.
    Well, you will go running.
    I mean ffs, 'running'. Why?

Cycling has it's merits.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Evening all. Had worse days, also had better. Went to see a puppy after picking Mrs GTi up. Left a deposit, picking it up Friday. Cockapoo, cutelittlebugger. Nobody else knows yet, it’ll be a surprise for the kids on Friday night.

They are very cute. We have two of them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.

Guilty as charged m'lud
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.

Guilty as charged m'lud
    + 1
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.

We're right behind you on that.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.

Some of us not so far behind. Post-Covid joint pain is still lingering here!
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.

Pinno is our leader. At least until he gets his new hips...
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

Usual stuff.

Pinno is our leader. At least until he gets his new hips...
    I don't need any new hips - I have had 4 of them.

But... no grease nipples. You'd think they would fit them as standard.
    If only Bilstein made artificial hips.
  • thistle_
    I don't grease my nipples either.
    I use gaffer tape if there's a risk of jogger's nipple.