tuesday wondering how the hippos are doing

'ning

mild, but still pesky cloud getting in the way

ride, cafes and wfh, gd'i not inspiring, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    Wfh. Peleton pedal. Mini's school play later.
  • beansnikpoh
    Mebeez I'll do a half an hour at lunchtime on the actual bike on the nearby bumps instead, but I don't think I'm up to it yet. Might be a bit warm.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with hounds followed by a recovery run.

Work stuff followed by the gym with the family
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Another escape run rehearsal today. Hire car fetched (last time), get it loaded with stuff random, no empty capacity permitted, and 🤞 hope the M6 behaves ok.

Right, 100% pure Colombian #2 and get on with it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Good luck with the escape Loon.

In office again for a change of scenery. Having fun with amateur tax experts (where's the rolleyes emoticon gone?) Fridge at work has gone above and beyond as it managed to freeze my Scotch egg....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Might be a bit warm.

Really out of shape.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    cafe iii pleasant table in the sun, cloud mostly gone, will be good for a bask if it stays clear
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    Wet, mild and wet.

After assuring Beans that no monster would come into the garden... one came into the garden. She is 704338.

...and she came in again not 10 minutes later after I commandeered a passer by to open the gate as initially, I couldn't reach farmer bloke. So it was bedlam last night.
    Farmer (accompanied by his very young and exotic Brazilian gf) dropped off grass seed and soil so I can fill the holes.

Beans spent this entire period under a bed.
    Shorty was in a state of panic and fear whilst Tricky stood large and bold in the middle of the road to direct the offending creature through the gate.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Wet, mild and wet.

After assuring Beans that no monster would come into the garden... one came into the garden. She is 704338.

...and she came in again not 10 minutes later after I commandeered a passer by to open the gate. So it was bedlam last night.
    Farmer (accompanied by his very young and exotic Brazilian gf) dropped grass seed and soil so I can fill the holes.

Beans spent this entire period under a bed.
    Shorty was in a state of panic and fear whilst Tricky stood large and bold in the middle of the road to direct the offending creature through the gate.

Pity you don't have a big chest freezer, could have biffed it over the head and won a years free supply of steak.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    pinno said:

Might be a bit warm.

Really out of shape.

The bumps are quite steep (said in the voice of daddy pig).
  • beansnikpoh
    oxoman said:

Morning All not from work today. OH decided to pass out whilst I was still snoring. Rapid wake up for rest of the family. 3,9s rang and dragged her off with me following. Sadly kicked out after 5 mins. She's currently giving me greif via phone whilst they do some tests. Hopefully something and nothing and they'll kick her out soon.

FIngers crossed Oxo.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hope everything is OK Oxo.

Morning. In class, not teaching, decent student taking the group which is nice. She’s asked to do some marking too; I’d be a fool to say no.

Currently seriously thinking about getting a new dog. Smaller boy dog this time around since it wouldn’t be right to have another good girl yet. Hopefully we’ll go and have a look at some over the next day or so. Otherwise, usual stuff at work. Slowly getting over having to sit through Lloyd-Webber on Saturday. The pain is real…
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Oxo 😢
  • Stevo_666
    Oxo - good luck with the recovery. I suppose the fact that she's on the phone giving you grief is a good sign in this case...

JGTI - rescue dog?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw and dealing with the usual nonsense. Wobbled in slowly on the pub hack, it was quite warm though. When i saw TLW's tear emoji I thought that was in reference to Mr GTi having to up up with Lloyd-Weber for a moment. Glad it doesn't look like anything serious for the trouble Oxo, bit of a worry though.
    Did B³ manage the Womblebergs? Some of them are quite steep, thankfully not very long. The old dear's new place has quite a nice view out the front from upstairs, out the back it's all trees going up the hill, so a little gloomy.
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

Oxo - good luck with the recovery. I suppose the fact that she's on the phone giving you grief is a good sign in this case...

JGTI - rescue dog?

No - our problem is that we also have two cats and finding a rescue that can live with them is nigh on impossible. So it needs to be a puppy so that it can properly learn its place in the hierarchy
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

JGTI - rescue dog?

No - our problem is that we also have two cats and finding a rescue that can live with them is nigh on impossible. So it needs to be a puppy so that it can properly learn its place in the hierarchy
    Understood.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfw and dealing with the usual nonsense. Wobbled in slowly on the pub hack, it was quite warm though. When i saw TLW's tear emoji I thought that was in reference to Mr GTi having to up up with Lloyd-Weber for a moment. Glad it doesn't look like anything serious for the trouble Oxo, bit of a worry though.
    Did B³ manage the Womblebergs? Some of them are quite steep, thankfully not very long. The old dear's new place has quite a nice view out the front from upstairs, out the back it's all trees going up the hill, so a little gloomy.

You two should come over this neck of the woods and do the North Downs Ridge, Toys Hill and Ide Hill. It'll put hairs on yer chest :smile:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day of not very much at all. Slept in late, windy/cold start with first snow on the mountain here this year. Fixed guest loo, which needed some new seals and inlet float. We have guests coming soon to visit, so was about time. That whole room needs a makeover, but it's low on the jobs list just now.

Wondering whether I should offload some of the bikes collection. N-4 or so? Might do that, spend the cash on something I can actually use instead.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    There are things that happen that make me really enjoy my job. Finding this on the board when I arrived for a sixth form lesson is one of them…

Bless :’D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hope you set them straight and told them it was the class before them.
  • johngti
    thistle_ said:

Hope you set them straight and told them it was the class before them.

I always bring out the first sixth form class I ever taught when that comes up. Got invited to one of the lad’s stag do and subsequent wedding. The new lot have a lot to live up to.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Non-fun time there Oxo. Trust all resolves ok.

An easy trouble-free jolly up the M6, that's 3 traverses in a row which been nae bother, Thurs return therefore likely to be hell. Those looong works sections with 60 or 50 limits make one start to nod off.

Actually found the router said to have been delivered Sat at back door; the photo posted by RoyalMail to 'prove' was of somewhere else. So all ok so far for bband connection in the morning, openreach engineer confirmed. Plumber booked. Hoping contractor for driveway screeslope reprofiling will call in as well.

It's started raining! But forecasting dry and sunny next 2 days so much sorting out of the keerap littering the outside to come.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Double bubble
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Where's that Seano?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Where's that Seano?

Somewhere over the rainbow.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Headley heath. Box Hill/Surrey hills area.

Couldn’t find a pot of gold. Didn’t know until recently that rainbows are actually circles, so there’s no end to the buggers.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • beansnikpoh
    Did nowt. Worked too hard. Watched mini's school play, which was brilliant, and not just "kid brilliant'. Riding tomorrow though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Did nowt. Worked too hard. Watched mini's school play, which was brilliant, and not just "kid brilliant'.

Any jokes in it that only the adults would get?
  • beansnikpoh
    thistle_ said:

Did nowt. Worked too hard. Watched mini's school play, which was brilliant, and not just "kid brilliant'.

Any jokes in it that only the adults would get?
    Nah, it was the Little Mermaid.