monday counting the suns in ic 1101

'ning

mild

ride, cafe, nip into gmc, but not for long, cafes, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Where has the sunshine gone? What is this grey Novemberish looking sky?

Do that tip run early, return, tool up, head over to clients' place, morning sesh, see if can locate poss replacement guy who is supposed to be working nearby to show him round, return, get prepped for another great run north tomorrow. Busy.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    deceptive bright-ish start degenerated into gloomygrey, mild with threat of soggy in the air

maybe plan some hols
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Couldn’t get comfortable on the bike yesterday, constantly squirming around in the saddle trying to find the sweet spot. Considered buying another saddle but fortunately practical sean took over. Lowered the saddle 1cm and hey presto! Flew this morning in comfort. Win.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    seanoconn said:

Couldn’t get comfortable on the bike yesterday, constantly squirming around in the saddle trying to find the sweet spot. Considered buying another saddle but fortunately practical sean took over. Lowered the saddle 1cm and hey presto! Flew this morning in comfort. Win.

I would have bought another bike - they come with a saddle
  • tlw1
    Rather broken today, turns out a mate had told the locals how well my race went and therefore I had lots of drink bought for me 🤦‍♂️

Today is work snizzle then almost back to the lakes for a meeting later 🙄

Later might be a gentle spin to recover, looks like it will be rather wet
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Grey, soggy.

Another day on the corporate Hamster wheel doing decorating stuff innit.

Benny Beans has finally come out from underneath the bed after there were... wait for it - bloody great monsters in the field.
    They were huge and noisy and definitely dangerous to cats.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    pinno said:

Benny Beans has finally come out from underneath the bed after there were... wait for it - bloody great monsters in the field.

Sparrows?

WFW. Physio later.
    Was going to go for a ride this morning but it was tipping it down.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    edited May 2022
    Got three lots of workmen in today, decorator/tiler, bloke fixing the kitchen doors and a couple of builders putting up the new brick gateposts. We're running out of tea here. Luckily Mrs. 666 is in charge of refreshments and I'm sheltering in the Twatcave trying to work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2022
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

Grey, soggy.

Another day on the corporate Hamster wheel doing decorating stuff innit.

Got to be kids 🤭 really dangerous they are. Shouldn't be let out of there cages. 🤣
    You know what they say about kids, Oxo - they're like farts, you can just about stand your own.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Cold, wet and windy. In town, so ran a couple of errands; picked up some plumbing bits to try and repair a leaky cistern, and some LED strip lighting parts to make a new fitting for office.

But mainly in town today for review with neurosurgeon bloke. News is less than encouraging. Reckons there's one option left to try, and if that doesn't work, then 🤷🏼

Feckit.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Cold, wet and windy. In town, so ran a couple of errands; picked up some plumbing bits to try and repair a leaky cistern, and some LED strip lighting parts to make a new fitting for office.

But mainly in town today for review with neurosurgeon bloke. News is less than encouraging. Reckons there's one option left to try, and if that doesn't work, then 🤷🏼

Feckit.

That's not good news WS. That's the other half?

If there's an option, give it a go and fingers crossed...
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    2 hours with my favourite advisors discussing the utter clusterfcuk the VAT on our commodity trading business had been allowed to become, and is now being fixed. Then 2 calls on deals. Then the embassy, then explaining the VAT thing to my boss, then an interview with a v promising candidate.

Bookended by me being pro-like (tailwind), grovelling like the fat cnut I am (headwind).

Not too bad a day.

Wfh tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666

Feckit.

Hope the luck is with you on that one WS.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice bookended with relatively warm wobbles. Got to take the pub hack tomorrow as going to a pub straight after work. Got the seat post delivered from SJS so I can now do an impression of Tomorrow and ride My White Bicycle.
    Everything crossed for you spinner, hell I'd even tie a knot in something if I thought it would help.
  • pinno
    Not good news spinner.
  • pinno
    Erm...

livestock
    (laɪvstɒk IPA Pronunciation Guide)
    UNCOUNTABLE NOUN [with singular or plural verb]
    Animals such as cattle and sheep which are kept on a farm are referred to as livestock.

In this particular case, it was cows.

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
    A cow is a large female animal that is kept on farms for its milk. People sometimes refer to male and female animals of this species as cows.

Field
    1. COUNTABLE NOUN
    A field is an area of grass, for example in a park or on a farm. A field is also an area of land on which a crop is grown.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560

Feckit.

That's not good news WS. That's the other half?

If there's an option, give it a go and fingers crossed...
    Thanks all, but this one is me. I’m steadily losing functional capacity thanks to “severe” arthritis in one cervical vertebra joint. Cortisone is barely effective at all, further surgery is not really a viable choice as it will make things worse long-term, so I have the option of nerve ablation left to try. Fixes nothing mechanically, just “hope” that it at least stops the pain signals.

Other Half is doing ok, if slow. He’s had residual issues from Op #2 in Feb, mainly still minor balance and vision related problems, but otherwise not bad. Is scheduled for the third (and last) operation at end of June, so we’re expecting probably slower recovery still, till end of this year I’d guess.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    😢 WS
  • Stevo_666
    :(