saturday's heavier supersymmetric partner

'ning

still disappointingly nippy to start

ride, explore strange new cafes, seek out new cake etc., bask if it stays sunny, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yep def nippy, was hoping to start in shorts and T-shirt but hoody as well.

If all goes well should be back in plenty of time for the football
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    It's looking so so.
    (I don't know how you translate that from Chinese).

Will pedal.
    Didn't want to ffwd the Giro coverage as it was shaping up to be a good stage so i'll watch the rest later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Formolo is not 'flying away' Hatch (you tw@).
  • pinno
    Oh look, he's nearly caught.
    Hardly 'flying'.

...and where's the man who 'could attack anyone' Bouwman?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978

40 minutes to drop cases, get through security and into the lounge.
    It’s all fake news.
    Sun lazing later with a G&T beside the pool.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    Sat here watching the rest of yesterdays stage after a decent hilly ride in decent(ish) weather eating chocolate gateaux and drinking coffee.
    Girls are out and Benny beans is snoring.

Bliss.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    'Allo John, got a new motah?'

Just agreed on a new set of wheels, with estate car bodywork and tech attached. Did a test drive, nice and comfortable. Collect it next Saturday after paperwork, monies etc all completed.

Asking price is asking price, didn't even try to haggle a discount, dealers hadn't given a discount on used (and only slight on new) in over 12 months. Shortage of supply in used market, new lead times reaching 12 months.

Now on an inbound train which has just rocketed through the station I want to get to, should have checked before jumping on a doors-closing.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Now on an inbound train which has just rocketed through the station I want to get to, should have checked before jumping on a doors-closing.

Oops! ha ha ha ha...

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    pinno said:

Sat here watching the rest of yesterdays stage after a decent hilly ride in decent(ish) weather eating chocolate gateaux and drinking coffee.

Bliss.

it was a good race at the front, couldn't be sure who was going to take it until the final moments

not bothering with today's, tomorrow is mountains mountains mountains

warm and sunny, very pleasant bask, almost no breeze, did all the inyt puzzles and both crosswords, before relaxing to a bit of music
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Bliss.

it was a good race at the front, couldn't be sure who was going to take it until the final moments

not bothering with today's, tomorrow is mountains mountains mountains
    Turned out to be slightly more interesting than expected and yes: despite the odd inclusion of circuit racing in a GT.
    Worth watching the highlights SG.

• pinno
    Happy cat.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,521
    How fcuking hard can it be to change a rear derailleur cable? My bike is currently in flames after being trebucheted onto the bowling green. At least the noisy tw@ts will be quiet tomorrow.

Thready thready thready. Nice and easy through the shifter, external routing,
    so dead easy. Make sure nipple bit is seated where it should be. I just can not make it pull the fcuking derailleur. It just bends and busts the nipple end in the shifter. Should have left well alone, but I just could not index it satisfactorily. It was fine on the way up the block, or on the way down. But not both, I tried a cable change.

I mustn't be routing it, or tightening the clamp properly.

Stupid bikes.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Any piccies B3? Sounds random.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Good day of slow start, pottering and generally not rushing. The 10 minute walk to town with the EPO took a lot longer as we bumped into quite a few friends on the way. Then sat and had some food, met more friends, so went for a drink. Then walking home met some others.
    Do you want to pop round tomorrow B³? I've got to go by the old dear's new gaff but other than that no plans and I will be bike fettling in the garage.
  • beansnikpoh
    MattFalle said:

Any piccies B3? Sounds random.

It's in flames...
  • beansnikpoh

Evening folks,
    Good day of slow start, pottering and generally not rushing. The 10 minute walk to town with the EPO took a lot longer as we bumped into quite a few friends on the way. Then sat and had some food, met more friends, so went for a drink. Then walking home met some others.
    Do you want to pop round tomorrow B³? I've got to go by the old dear's new gaff but other than that no plans and I will be bike fettling in the garage.

I'm off to weed and mow the MiLs garden for my sins. That's the morning sorted. I should be around in the p..
  • beansnikpoh
    P.m.

I'll drop you a text. See where you are.
  • beansnikpoh
    Got the back doors open fully, sitting listening to the burning of my bike and the sounds of the neighbours. Love late spring and summer.
  • pinno
    Love May.
    The Honeysuckle is coming into full bloom.
    The hedges are all neat and tidy and the Hawthorne is coming into flower.
    My Peony's are about 1 week off (prey no high winds).
    The Clematis is about to go into full bloom.
    The apple trees are blooming now.
    The Japanese cherry was resplendent and it 'snowed' white petals a week ago.
    My blue Cornflower is in flower and has been for 4 weeks.
    The Cornflower 'Amethyst' (new arrival) is just starting but is small and will get bigger.
    I have blue Veola's and white Veola's and trailing hanging baskets.
    The Ciclumen is in full flower.
    The Lithodora is just dying back.
    The Lewisia Elise flowered for 2 weeks and will be back later in the summer.
    ...and the Petunia's are a little bit off.
    Next year I will be planting many more hardy Perennials.

I have a source of good plants that are grown by my ex (Pool) doubles partner.
    Our record was: entered 5 competitions, got to 5 finals and never won one.
    Our excuse (for those long, arduous days where the whole competition was held in 1 day) is that we were always Franz Liszt by the time we got to the final.
  • pinno
    ...and a happy cat. We couldn't get him out and now we can't get him in.

I climbed a tree to show him but he just looked at me as if I were stupid. He's not wrong.
    I showed him his part buried faeces and proceeded to bury it a bit better and he obliged. At least he is preferring to go todaloo outside.
    He's extra wary of the obviously cat mangling cat flap mangler and doesn't use them. Any suggestions welcome. I have tried propping them open - fine, part open - no.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    We've got a fair few pretty plants but I haven't got a clue what most of them are, apart from the trees and the bluebells that make up a fair proportion of the back garden. If I take some pics of the mystery plants maybe you and Loon can identify them?

At least I can identify the hounds

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited May 2022
    Loon could and B³ but I doubt I could be much help.
    I'm still learning.

I know my trees.

They look daft as brushes btw. Fun. They may never grow up :wink:
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    He looks like he's all chilled now. Cat flap, mine had the same problem. I converted the doors to a soft flexible material (the PVC they use on commercial freezer rooms).
    They have never trapped any cat bits since. Recently, one has decided it's better for a human to open the door. She holds the outer plastic frame (of the cat-flap) with one paw and repeatedly snaps it back with the other paw, making a loud noise. 5am this morning, snap,snap,snap....................
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

...and a happy cat. We couldn't get him out and now we can't get him in.

I climbed a tree to show him but he just looked at me as if I were stupid. He's not wrong.
    I showed him his part buried faeces and proceeded to bury it a bit better and he obliged. At least he is preferring to go todaloo outside.
    He's extra wary of the obviously cat mangling cat flap mangler and doesn't use them. Any suggestions welcome. I have tried propping them open - fine, part open - no.

Just give a push through a couple of times and or leave his food just on the other side.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Loon could and B³ but I doubt I could be much help.
    I'm still learning.

I know my trees.

They look daft as brushes btw. Fun. They may never grow up :wink:

Ah OK, sounded like you knew your stuff. I don't have a scooby about plants or gardening but I'm now responsible for a lot of vegetation.

At least the decking is done so we can start sorting out the lawn as it got a bit of a beating with all the workmen doing doing the decking and ripping out dead/too close to the house trees and grinding stumps etc.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    And yes they are daft as brushes, but the one on the right is a complete tinker and escapologist extraordinaire. And a bit like your cat, now the weather's good we can't get him in.
  • beansnikpoh
    It's brilliant isn't it Pinno?

The older I get, the more the passing of the seasons, the plant lifecycle, even here in the city (albeit a leafy part), fills me with joy, but also deep regret, as it also marks my inexorable decline.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Just give a push through a couple of times and or leave his food just on the other side.

I tried that and it spooked the life out of him.

• pinno
    masjer said:

He looks like he's all chilled now. Cat flap, mine had the same problem. I converted the doors to a soft flexible material (the PVC they use on commercial freezer rooms).
    They have never trapped any cat bits since. Recently, one has decided it's better for a human to open the door. She holds the outer plastic frame (of the cat-flap) with one paw and repeatedly snaps it back with the other paw, making a loud noise. 5am this morning, snap,snap,snap....................

An idea but it's windy up here in Jockland.
    I wonder if I could add some weight on bottom of the pvc...